It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I download a NAVY SEALs Training Manual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am looking for a manual regarding the training for the Navy SEALs Team 6.

I would like to know how they train physically, endure extreme weather conditions, skydiving, and etc....
Since this OBL raid, I am interested and I look up to these guys ever since. .

Thx.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

There many books out there. To put it lightly their training is INTENSE. If your serious about joining good luck.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
www.baseops.net...

www.usuhs.mil...

www.youtube.com...

there is a bunch more. You could have just done a google search yourself.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I did. But maybe I couldnt find the right search terms in Google.

I saw the youtube training video. Boy, these guys are built to be solid.

Also, do these guys allow to smoke even cigarettes? I am assuming the answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 7-5-2011 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yeah its pretty intense. That pdf link i gave you looked good too, but i did not go through the 340 pages,. so not sure if thats what your looking for

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
imo:

you got to be recommended and invited...to try out

you gotta to be strong swimmer, must be able to resist the urge to swim up when near drowning, know your diving equipment, super fit obviously...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Also, do these guys allow to smoke even cigarettes? I am assuming the answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Just needed some basic workouts to try from these manuals like pushups and situps for excersing at home.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hey how's it going? Not trying to bring you down or anything like that, but chances are your not going to find a training manual per se on such an elite force as Seal Team 6. The unit itself is so classified I doubt you'll find much in writing about how they train or methods they use. They dominate the field with their tactics which depending on the mission will always be different. They are trained to improvise as every mission is never the same.

Even if you did find a manual out there that laid out their training in detail it's still not going to work for you and I'll explain why. When it comes to Seal training these warriors are being evaluated by several different experts at once. The whole purpose of the training is 'TO' push them to failure. The reason why is because the instructors want to see what they have a hard time with. Every part of Seal training is specifically designed to 'Break' someone. They want to find your weakness, bring it to your attention then they want to see how well you adapt and can fight through the rough times. As one could only imagine this would be the ultimate test in a real battle situation. If your in the heat of battle of your all of sudden confronted with your weakness, knowing how to break past that in a split second is what makes the most elite warrior.

By the time you could ever even become part of Seal Team 6 or any other Seal Team for that matter you would have already had to be trained in some other area of the military. I'd start your training with the basics first, then try to find some of the other special unit manuals and go from there.

But that's pretty much the backbone of Seal training. The courses and training they go through is not only meant to better the skills one already possess but to find your greatest weakness and exploit it. The ones who find that weakness within themselves and learn to improvise in a split second are the ones who graduate. As you could imagine most people in the world today when confronted with their greatest weakness, no matter how hard they try cannot overcome it. Seal Team 6 and other Seal Teams make this the grunt of their training. As you can see there's really no manual for that.

A Seal Team 5 member interviewed on Fox News a few days ago stated that once you get to that level where your chosen to join such a team your already trained from other areas of the military. Once you begin the Seal program it's a whole new world designed to break you and strengthen those weakness that cause you to break. Therefore there are no victims who become Seals. It's either meant to be or not and the training is designed to sort all of that out.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
And even they do during their off training times, will they get the BOOT?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I was not allowed to smoke during basic training or my tech school while in the Air Force, but once I got to my first base i was able to again. Doing something that physical it would not help your cause to be a smoker since you would be going against guys who are in the best shape of their lives and yet most of them wash out too. If you are seriously considering this i suggest taking 6 months to a year and train your butt off before even thinking about signing up for the navy. also you need to have an almost spotless background check to even be allowed to try out for the seals. And that is after you go through the navy basic training.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I don't know what your level of fitness is but start off with Push Ups, Pull Ups, Dips, Crunches & Running. Their strength is different than a bodybuilders, they have FUNCTIONAL strength, Strong core strength and endurance. Try this CROSSFIT

edit on 7-5-2011 by EyesWideShut because: because

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

their try out is designed to weed out, firstly the physically weak. your body will quit.
then those who are still in it and struggling...they will try to break mentally...they will give you a reason to quit...if you smoke...it will get exposed...

plus you will be evaluated on teamwork, problem solving, leadership, etc...

can you imagine holding your breath for so long underwater that you blackout and would have drowned if the instructors didnt pull you out?

how many people would not bolt for the surface before this happened?
edit on 7/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darpa999
I am looking for a manual regarding the training for the Navy SEALs Team 6.

I would like to know how they train physically, endure extreme weather conditions, skydiving, and etc....
Since this OBL raid, I am interested and I look up to these guys ever since. .

Thx.

Check out this for physical training. Remember only about 25% actually make to be designated as a SEAL.

www.military.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A lot of people here bring up physical fitness, which is a given, but do not underestimate the need to be mentally fit. You'll obviously need a certain level of mental endurance to motivate yourself to train physically even before you try it out, but keep in mind that your mindset will ultimately determine success or failure. Don't go in thinking you're doing this because you want to be a hardcore badass like the guys who kicked down OBL's door.

I don't mean to sound like a high school counselor, but just ask yourself why you'd want to do this first. A strong sense of service? A desire to work among professionals?

top topics

join