It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot act must end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
For those who may not know the patriot act whos laws are set to expire this month could be voted back in this month..Some of its laws have been extremely controversial such as goverment agencies bieng allowed to take private records or wiretap whomever they please...This act was put into effect in order to "fight terror"according to president bush,but everyone knows it goes deeper..much deeper...Osama was the reason this group of laws was created,so now that hes gone,is there any reason why these invasive laws should be voted back in for another term?? news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

The best thread yet! Absolutely get rid of this criminal act. You know they are allowed to check what books you take out of the library if they want? It makes a mockery of the Freedom we are supposed to stand for. Write your Senator and Congressman. Tell them to put the pressure on and rescind this thing before they get used to the extraordinary powers of invasion.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I agree,the patriot act is absolutely the most non-american decision ever made by the gov...It makes no better than Russia or China...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

wrong time of day to start a thread....

but Heii i'll flag yahh.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
i agree
it is unconstitutional
it is illegal
it is invasive
it is a detriment to our society
it should be abolished
the writer and implementer should lose all freedoms and liberties

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The funny thing about this is that you absolutely know that the government is trying to sneak it past the US citizens this time around...hypocritical bastards....How can they call themselves americans??

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Now that OBL is 'dead' and they find more 'evidence' that he was going to hit soft targets like shopping malls and sports stadiums, expect it to be renewed again and again, just to keep you safe from the boogieman.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The Patriot act is an insult to the word Patriot:
It should have been named the re-patriot act,
cause the law does not treat you like an American.
You are now under the rule of a facist government.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Voted back hell, they should have never been voted in initially, in fact the writers of the act should face charges of treason for said bastardization and perversion of our laws and rights.
The only patriotic thing about that act is the title.

this is a very important thread and should be spread wide in my opinion.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The Unpatriotic Act

The Act endangers civil liberties by easing federal rules for search warrants, allowing warrantless searches in some instances, allowing expanded wiretaps and Internet monitoring, and even allowing federal agents to examine library and bookstore records. Yet despite these serious constitutional questions, few if any members of Congress read the 500-page Patriot Act prior to voting on it!

“Sneak and peek” warrants enable federal authorities to search a person's home, office, or personal property without the person's knowledge! This secrecy upsets decades of legal precedent requiring that an individual be served with a warrant before a search.

www.lewrockwell.com...

Here are some comments made by Ron Paul to the House floor 2/8/2011. The whole statement is a short and encouraging read as it's hopeful that someone is standing up for American's liberty and privacy.
www.ronpaul.com...

I think our reaction to the horrors of 9/11 – we can understand the concern and the fear that was developed – but I think the reaction took us in the wrong direction because the assumption was made, of course, that we weren’t spending enough money on surveillance. And even though then our intelligences agencies received $40 billion, they didn’t give us the right information. So now we’re spending $80 billion.

But it also looks like the conclusion was that the American people had too much privacy, and if we undermine the American people’s privacy, somehow or the another, we’re going to be safer. I think another thing that has come up lately has been that the purpose of government is to make us perfectly safe. Now it is good to be safe, but governments can’t make us safe. I question whether or not we have been made safer by the PATRIOT Act.

Benjamin Franklin "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

The questional gain of safety can not outweigh the permament loss of liberty.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
here here
I'll drink to that !!! (coffee)

I am in total agreement this illegal
piece of chit legislation should be
ended, locked in a trunk, weighed
down with cement and tossed
into the Borealis Trench (Abyss).

But as a note to everyone, even if
they did do away with it, they would
just find some other means to do the
same thing.

I wonder if politicians know that just cuz
they get voted into office doesn't mean
they should write new legislation.
Some of our laws already work just fine
so leave'm alone.

I wonder just how the Obama Administration
and the FBI and DHS and especially the CIA
would feel if we the people did the same thing
to them that they do to us ??? huh ???
I wonder just how many criminals from the
corrupt government would go to jail ???
There's gotta be terrorists in there cuz
a lot of us ARE terrorized by them.

edit on 5/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
We Americans need to take note of all politicians that are voting yes on this and take serious action against them.. punitive actions..I think we should have public canings against people voting for tyrannical laws..

yes I know that is rediculous, but just think how those people would shape up after a public flogging..televised no less.

The reason they do it in the first place is because their is no worry of serious retribution.. That needs to change..
edit on 7-5-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Even if we managed to vote the Patriot Act out we would still have all the agencies they created in the name of the war on terror - DHS.

Until we dismantle the agencies tasked with the invasion of Americans privacy their nefarious work will continue.

That said, abolishing the Patriot Acts I and II would be a significant step in the right direction.

End shadow government!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Did it ever strike anyone as odd that this long,detailed bill was put on the floor of congress so quickly after 9/11.It has always puzzled me how this bill was put together so quickly when they can't get a bill that supports something good done in anything under a year. Yet this piece of junk was in place and passed in a matter of weeks. Seems strange don't you think.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I agree that this "law" should be stricken entirely. I hate what it has done to the way of life of the american people and the world for that matter. Everybody should be screaming at the top of their lungs for the expiration of this act to be allowed to happen. Sadly I just don't believe it ever will. When tptb takes something from you when has it ever been returned? Never. Even if it were to expire, we would convieniently suffer another "terror" attack, and something worse would take its place. Can it even be called terrorism any more when everything that has come of it is laughable? Point is, the masses are misguided, distracted, puppet people, who don't have an inkling of what is going down. Few patriots, mainly nationalists. And their enclination is to do as they are told and nothing else.

Just don't expect any miracles. We are destined to lose everything. It is only after this loss that the survivors will have enough sense to take back what is ours. Our lives.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Did it ever strike anyone as odd that this long,detailed bill was put on the floor of congress so quickly after 9/11.It has always puzzled me how this bill was put together so quickly when they can't get a bill that supports something good done in anything under a year. Yet this piece of junk was in place and passed in a matter of weeks. Seems strange don't you think.

Indeed, I found it very bizzare at the time and still do to this day. Large bills like that usually languish in committee for ages and then go up for long debates, etc. And that is AFTER they are written (which also takes a while).

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Flag and star i agree totaly!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes! End this draconian piece of legislation. This unconstitutional garbage passed in a moment of hysteria! Greater chance of being stung by a bee by an order or two of magnitude than encountering a "terrorist." And now We have a small group both figuratively and literally groping Us to keep Us "safe" from that.

Action!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't live in the US, but seeing how your gov. works, this will not end. You will have one enemy after another ad infinitum and reasons to increase security because of the never ending story .
It would take a petition signed by everybody residing in the United Stares in duplicate form for security purposes.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

Im already seeing these supposed plots against US railways all over the news,looks like the campaign to usher in a new era of unconstitutional bullsh!t has already begun...I ask that anyone reading this thread take some sort of action..speak to your local city counsel...Spread the word at public events,i did my part today with a couple of friends as we picketed a local street fair(this also included a group of teachers,professors,parents and students who were spreading awareness in a huge local issue about my cities districts banning ethnic studies in schools).. Weve already rented a booth for tomorrow and have made a booklet with excerpts from the patriot act along with descriptions and guidelines of certain laws...Hopefully this becomes a leap in the right direction as we as americans only have a few weeks before these laws are reinstated till who knows when...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join