It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second amendment only exists when it is destroyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The Patriot Act.

Any time you are pulled over by a police officer.

I can probably come up with more examples but these two should suffice. The simple fact that our government has passed sweeping legislation that blatantly violates the bill of rights should be enough.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Pulled over for swerving?
That is what the officers call reasonable doubt.
How about an illegal search?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Pulled over for swerving?
That is what the officers call reasonable doubt.
How about an illegal search?

Notice I said "anytime you are pulled over". The police regularly exercise their unconstitutional right to search your personal vehicle without any probable cause.

And are you just going to ignore that the Patriot Act exists? It's a de-facto nullification of the 4th amendment for all citizens of the United States.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I agree the patriot act is unconstitutional.
You win that one.
Now what about a swerving car, would you allow drunk drivers?
We have the "Right to travel" not drive.
Where is the illegal search?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
Hello, This is an artical i read about the second amendment. I thought it made a really good point about how it only matters when the gov tries to take it away. I found it on gcn. It talks about how if tyranny were to become full blowen in our nation that this would be the first amendment that goes. That makes sense, if the gov wants all of the power thay wouldn't want you to be able to stop them. "We have a tendency to see the Constitution as a document telling the people what they can do, but it is actually a document telling the government what it cannot do."

Here is the link. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as i did. www.gcnlive.com...

My thoughts exactly. Problem with that amendment is, rather than getting themselves a nice rifle and ammo to overthrow a corrupt goverment and an weapons safe to keep it locked away, Americans get themselves a 9mm to protect their TV set from burglars and play around on the weapons range and generally exhibit an immature attitude towards firearms.

The second has been under attack for quite a while. There are other means to tackle the very serious problem of gun violence and gun accidents in America, such as making a weapons owner responsible if an accident of theft involving his arm is the result of him not storing away the weapon properly.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
There are other means to tackle the very serious problem of gun violence and gun accidents in America, such as making a weapons owner responsible if an accident of theft involving his arm is the result of him not storing away the weapon properly.

Very bad idea. We should never hold a person responsible for the deliberate actions of another. If a person illegally enters my home, illegally takes a weapon from my home and illegally causes harm to another person with that weapon; how can I be responsible for that. The only responsiblity I do have is to protect those who are lawfully in my home, i.e. children, from harm from my weapon.

Respectfully, your suggestion is as illogical as holding a person responsible for a thief stealing their vehicle and using it in a reckless manner, causing harm to a third party. Or, if a teen breaks into a home, steals alcohol, becomes intoxicated and injures himself/herself or someone else.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Luckyxfactor

And if the person being killed had a gun it prob would not have happened.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by Cassius666
There are other means to tackle the very serious problem of gun violence and gun accidents in America, such as making a weapons owner responsible if an accident of theft involving his arm is the result of him not storing away the weapon properly.

Very bad idea. We should never hold a person responsible for the deliberate actions of another. If a person illegally enters my home, illegally takes a weapon from my home and illegally causes harm to another person with that weapon; how can I be responsible for that. The only responsiblity I do have is to protect those who are lawfully in my home, i.e. children, from harm from my weapon.

Respectfully, your suggestion is as illogical as holding a person responsible for a thief stealing their vehicle and using it in a reckless manner, causing harm to a third party. Or, if a teen breaks into a home, steals alcohol, becomes intoxicated and injures himself/herself or someone else.

Actually there are laws in place where you may not encourage theft of your vehicle, by leaving the car unlocked, but those laws are probably on the lines of protecting insurances. Glad we agree though that an adult should be held accountable if through his negligence a minor gains access to his firearm. I think the gun culture needs to change in America and capture more the spirit of the origin of the second ammendment. A gun owner shouldnt be so cheap to not invest in a sage deposit for his firearms.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I have seen videos online and on the news of a single guy with a hand gun takeing on a swat team many times. The man dies yes. But most of those times he will take a few cops with him.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It currently and still exists and fails to see your logic here.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

That is right. No one can stop us from moving around but they do not have to let us have cars.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
We have the "Right to travel" not drive.

You also have the right to arm yourself, not necessarily to arm yourself with guns.

You seem to be waking up to the farce of "inalienable rights"

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

It dosn't say "not guns" We have the right to any arms (atleast we should)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It is already lost. The constitution and amendments are pretty much just words to TPTB. As for myself they are not. The American people have allowed them to take our rights and turn them into privileges, requiring a license or permit to execise them. There will be no revolution or big battle to restore them. The brain washing has gone on for to long and to deep. For one thing: Democracy is never mentioned once in the constitution. We are a Republic "ruled by law" And the law is for TPTB as much as it is for us. Regardless of what a majority want or think when it comes to individual rights, they are protected. But this is no longer taught in public schools. Second: We don't have "LEADERS" we have representatives or employees if you will. More brain washing with words. I could go on for hours....... But again people are not tuned for freedom any more, their to busy keeping the machine and their lives on track. And their not built for hardship for like, lets say, Valleyforge. Most of them if by the slim chance it came to a "revolution" would have no idea were to start. And the 300 lb. bubba would miss Mcdonald's. There would be in fighting amongst the "revotutionaries"..... The only hope is TPTB would screw up so bad that a military Flag Officer and others like him would publicly say "Hey! You've gone to far!" Having been in the military, that is doughtful.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I may not be in any immediate danger living in white suburbia, but it is always the what-if factor. What if you are at an ATM late at night and some strung out drug addict decides he wants your money? What if someone breaks into your house and your only means of protecting your family is a baseball bat or a 5 iron? What if that guy has any type of firearm. I will always choose to be prepared as opposed to ignorant. First post, and something I feel strongly about. If you're uncomfortable with guns then by all means dont own one, but I dare you to try and come take mine away.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TexanHunting

WELL DONE! That was a great first post friend! I totaly agree. The ones that would use the gun for pointless killings already have them. We should be aloud to even the fight.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexanHunting
I may not be in any immediate danger living in white suburbia, but it is always the what-if factor. What if you are at an ATM late at night and some strung out drug addict decides he wants your money? What if someone breaks into your house and your only means of protecting your family is a baseball bat or a 5 iron? What if that guy has any type of firearm. I will always choose to be prepared as opposed to ignorant. First post, and something I feel strongly about. If you're uncomfortable with guns then by all means dont own one, but I dare you to try and come take mine away.

That is nothing more then the "Perceived Fear" of anyone who doesn't look or think like you being conducted like a well written PsyOp in the media all designed to get us to hate one another.

The odds of you getting robbed at your ATM is in reality very small and if you just go to your bank branch's ATM (with a door with a keycard swipe entry port electronic lock preferred and if breached it will create a noise so intense and so loud that it will wake the dead, lol!) go there on Sunday morning right before Services and take out whatever money you need for the week right then, you'd have your family right there thus reducing your chances of incursion by more then half as those who seek to cause harm typically won't confront someone with a family or a friend. Also, don't act like a victim, Walk around like you own the place, this tells threats you are very familiar with your surroundings and will stay away in most cases.

Those that are usually regularly and normally jumpy are the ones that get hit the most, if just going to the store don't bring your purse if you are a female and just bring keys (On as little of a keychain if possible, like a single loop for say, 6 keys (4 house, 2 car (on most cars the door and ignition key are the same cut))), license, registration, vehicle identification, cell phone and your card (get a very thin mini wallet for instances like this), nothing else (this includes makeup, chequebook, as the little you carry the less of a risk you have of being singled out. A female stumbling through her purse prevents an ideal strike oppourtunity whereas her eyes and focus is in the bag and not on her surroundings. This is how people get blindsighted and caught off guard. Listen to that nagging feeling you get in the back of your head telling you to stay away, if whatever keeps you safe lights up like The 4th Of July or New Year's Eve cancel what you are doing and get out. Keep your car parked as close to the ATM if at all possible (even if that means parking right it front with your driver's door facing the locale and within 10 steps), avoid the drive up windows at night as there is most always a cubby hole that someone could hide in to ambush whenever and however possible. It's worth driving the extra 5 - 10 minutes to find an ATM. All banks provide branch locations on each's respective site.

Always pay attention to your surroundings, observe and take a mental note of as much as possible.

Besides, if you do carry please use your voice and talk the matter through first because it's the idiotic gun owners and not the respected responsible ones that they are trying to cite. Talk things out, diplomacy is as American as Apple pie is! The weapon should only be a "Last Resort" option only after all other avenues have been exhausted. Besides, just shoot to the floor and make them dance, that'll scare them enough while making sure that both of you leave there alive. Our nation's collective spoken word is a major highly attractive attribute that has continued to make this nation great.

In most cases all someone is looking for is a friend or someone to talk to.
edit on 9-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You are right. The gun should always be the last option. But when it comes down to that i would want the gun to protect myself and my family.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I read an interesting article as I am an gun owner and read a bit on the subject:

In November 2010, the states of WI, MI, IN and PA held their annual deer season. For those two weeks, those 4 states comprised the world 8th largest military...4 States=WORLDS 8th largest army...trickly in the otherr 44 and AMERICANS, out gun the US Gov. by 100 to 1.

Does that mean that we can fight against M1A1 tanks and fighter jsets and the sort, NOPE. But a bunch of Arabs have been doing it for over a decade with far less.

Lets toss in the fact that many service men are gonna have some serious issues with shooting a fellow American who is rising up against tyranny. We saw it in Libyia, the Military basically gave rebels equipment and I would like to think that Americans at some level invented guerilla warfare over 200 years ago.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by armtx

If that is true thats carzy! I think its cool that hunters come out in those numbers but wow thats alot!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join