It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says women's duty is to bear many children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
SEOUL - The duty of North Korean women is to bear many children and raise them as workers for the communist state, North Korea said on Friday as it celebrated the anniversary of a gender equality law.

"It is the responsible duty of women to bear many children and raise them as great workers of Songun Josun," said the Rodong Sinmun, the daily newspaper of the ruling Workers Party of Korea (WPK).
www.nzherald.co.nz...

This is a very sad state of 'brain-washing'.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they should team up with the vatican and the pope on this one, by the way what kind of religion does North Corea practice?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
North Korea practices the Do what ever Kim Jong il wants religion

traditionally Buddhist and Confucianist, some Christian and syncretic Chondogyo (Religion of the Heavenly Way) (autonomous religious activities now almost nonexistent; government-sponsored religious groups exist to provide illusion of religious freedom)

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
by the way what kind of religion does North Corea practice?

They worship this nutcase Kim Jong Il, because they have to.
nk.chosun.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
sanctum,
You crack me up,

ShadowXIX,
I guess in countries like these religion is base on the preferences of the leader.
I wonder if birth control is illegal.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Despite N Koreas authorities' appeal to the contrary, young couples tend to put off having kids until they have established themselves financially, and have only one or two children at that. To do so, they have to practice contraception, but it's hard to find the means of contraception in North Korea. Only a privileged few have access to condoms and rich citizens; most ordinary people have never even heard of a condom.

If women becomes pregnant against her wishes, she tends to undergo a surgical abortion. Surgical abortions were permitted in the North in or around 1983 when the birth control policy peaked. But they are confined to mothers with five children or more or those afflicted by serious diseases, like hepatitis and tuberculosis. But a large number of pregnant women get surgical abortions illicitly by bribing surgeons. The price of a surgical abortion differs from regions to individuals, but are usually about 9 liters of polished rice.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah just like China has their own official religion and it is to worship the state and the head of the governement as god and study marxism-leninism as the bible.

To think about it, it is very ridiculous to me. Communism is supposed to to be atheist and now poeple worships the government as a religion. It is very stupid and ridiculous. They just took the concepts from religions and create their own communist religion. It is a shame such things exist on this planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Oh come on guys, I am sure they didn't mean it as literally as the Translation suggests. It is purely about sustaining a population. As NK has modernised, people are having children later in life or not having them at all. Japan has a problem with having a large elderly population and not enough famalies having children, so the "working population" decreases.

They do not mean serve in a slave like manner.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh come on guys, I am sure they didn't mean it as literally as the Translation suggests. It is purely about sustaining a population. As NK has modernised, people are having children later in life or not having them at all. Japan has a problem with having a large elderly population and not enough famalies having children, so the "working population" decreases.

I have a (south)Korean wife and this is actually how the women are raised and they beleive in. Under Korean customs, the only "possesion" that a woman maintains after marriage is her surname (family). all other possessions etc. are given up to the man (husband).
This is so previlent in their society, that a man can "marry" a woman and or divorce a woman just by having possession of her Hanko (her chop) and going to the nearest goverment building.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshiro
I have a (south)Korean wife and this is actually how the women are raised and they beleive in. Under Korean customs, the only "possesion" that a woman maintains after marriage is her surname (family). all other possessions etc. are given up to the man (husband).

Hi Kenshiro
Great post.

Is this also custom in N.K.?

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hi Kenshiro Great post. Is this also custom in N.K.?

(Sorry, can't figure out how to get the smiley into the quote).
According to my wife, yes it is the same in North Korea as in the south. It amy actually be more stringent in the north than in the south.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshiro

Hi Kenshiro Great post. Is this also custom in N.K.?

(Sorry, can't figure out how to get the smiley into the quote).
According to my wife, yes it is the same in North Korea as in the south. It amy actually be more stringent in the north than in the south.

Kenshiro, when you are replying to a post, to the right of the dialogue box you should
see the smileys. Just click on the one you want, keeping in mind that it will appear
where your cursor is in your post, as the smileys are out of the text box field.
Hope that helps, and welcome to ATS/BTS.
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
SEOUL - The duty of North Korean women is to bear many children and raise them as workers for the communist state, North Korea said on Friday as it celebrated the anniversary of a gender equality law.

"It is the responsible duty of women to bear many children and raise them as great workers of Songun Josun," said the Rodong Sinmun, the daily newspaper of the ruling Workers Party of Korea (WPK).
www.nzherald.co.nz...

This is a very sad state of 'brain-washing'.
Sanc'.

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events,
please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well turn me in as a thought criminal, this prole says doubleplusungood things in "OldSpeak" to the gender equality they've demonstrated. I wonder what the men do, stand by and pray for their patriot, Kim Jong, while he rations the amount of food they are further allowed to have, and tell them in "Newspeak" that it has just increased, erasing yesterday's headline? "Gender Equality," my a$&*!
[big screen talking] "BTW, smile, while bending over to touch those toes, I can't see you smile, is that a ............notebook you're hiding from us?"

Wow! Looks like I'm going to disappear tomorrow!

Down with Ingsoc!
Down with Big Brother!
[edit on 1-8-2004 by Hetha]

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Hetha]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maybe someone got in and converted Kim Jong to mormanism. Now if they can work on the drink and dance

new topics

top topics

join