It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why your anonymity is important on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When you state an opinion in public, they have your picture, your license, your background information,and can publicly slander you. They will cause trouble in your relationships. They will seek out ex-spouses and make them accuse you. They will use your kids against you. They will seek out old business rivals and give them advantages. They will dig up your old background, your medical records, school records.

When you make a statement online in search of the truth. They can only attack the message, and not the messenger. It frustrates them, it forces them to illegally seize domains. It forces them to place your internet alias on a watchlist.

Go to a new starbucks everyday of the week and use a different free wifi to make new IDs and posts. You are untraceable, you are a nightmare.

You are protected by anonymity. It is the greatest weapon. You cannot be isolated, you cannot be targeted, you cannot be slandered, you cannot be threatened, you cannot be found, you cannot be grouped, the messenger cannot be attacked and they are forced to attack the message.

Please cherish your anonymity at ATS and use it wisely

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
you mean thats not you in your avatar? .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Unless you're at a Starbucks parking lot, ATS has your digital fingerprint, and ALL your words are immortalized on the internet web cache forever. Take heed indeed!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

ATS keeps IP addresses encrypted and only springer/SO has the key (one of them I can't remember). IT only gives the IP address of the ISP, not your computer.

If you go to a starbucks and hang out in the parking lot of NYC, you are good as golden. Just dont do anything illegal. Spread truth.
edit on 7-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Is that avatar your picture? If it is then that's not very anonymous.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

Maybe, maybe not
Could be, I think it is...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mesaana
Is that avatar your picture? If it is then that's not very anonymous.

His avatar is one of the funniest people on TV currently. Good choice.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Believe me when I say you do not have any privacy these days on the internet. Due to laws passed for terrorism, there are a handful of government agencies that can obtain your identity without any legal action at all.

Make no mistake, big brother is watching and he knows EXACTLY who you are. In fact, if he wanted to, he could tap into your smart phone and see down to 10 feet where you are right now.

Just remember, they need to be able to do this to keep us all safe. )

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I can easily jam or turn off my cell phone, or remove the battery, or block the camera..etc..I am in control of my technology, not them.

Yes I said Jam, as in electronic warfare.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
to right... but what if I decided I no longer wanted to hide...

The course of wisdom versus the mean spirited independent minded individual... I have a bad habit of the later....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ever heard of proxies? Use proxies from Africa or China, and you should be fine if you're afraid...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

That is also part of the game...show yourself so they think you have nothing to hide..it is a psychological warfare, but they aren't so nice. They will find something to pin on you regardless if you do not have it. Choosing to remain anonymous is personal choice.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
ATS keeps IP addresses encrypted and only springer/SO has the key (one of them I can't remember). IT only gives the IP address of the ISP, not your computer.

Yes and your ISP then hands your info over to whomever. There is no anonymity on the web so have fun.

They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
and they're coming to take me away ha ha

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Is that a meat dress? You look like Lady Gaga your so pretty.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I say if you are worried about keeping your anonymity , because you state your thoughts and your opinions..........

Then you lack the courage of your convictions..........and are a coward

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Once again you missed the idea. The message is more important than the messenger. Some people choose to remain anonymous because they believe in the message, not to get credit for the message.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well said THE_PROFESSIONAL....

S&F even if only for the idea people need to have in their "protection" if sharing "truth" with others...

top topics

join