It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Files Complaint against Merkel over Bin Laden Comments - Could face 3 years in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Link

But Hamburg judge Heinz Uthmann went even further. He alleges that the chancellor's statement was nothing short of illegal, and filed a criminal complaint against Merkel midweek, the daily Hamburger Morgenpost reported Friday.

"I am a law-abiding citizen and as a judge, sworn to justice and law," the 54-year-old told the paper, adding that Merkel's words were "tacky and undignified."

In his two-page document, Uthmann, a judge for 21 years, cites section 140 of the German Criminal Code, which forbids the "rewarding and approving" of crimes. In this case, Merkel endorsed a "homicide," Uthmann claimed. The violation is punishable by up to three years' imprisonment or a fine.

What I found even more astonishing than what is stated above is the fact that in a poll after his death some 64% of respondents shared the same sentiments as this judge saying the death of Bin Laden was "no reason to rejoice".

I wounder if Chancellor Merkel faces any serious chances of prison time for her statements? While I do find it rather distasteful to say that you are glad someone is dead, even a monster like Bin Laden, it is in my opinion her right to say it. But this is Germany not the United States, we have different laws and different opinions.

So what do youse think? Will she be taken to court or even imprisoned for what she said?
edit on 5/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That's absolutely ridiculous, I cant believe how he can justify himself in acting on THIS subject and not so many of the other blatant crimes going on in this country.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Interesting if she does and gets convicted they will have to prove the USA killed OBL in cold blood and illegally non?

edit FnS for the OP I hope you keep us posted if this goes to court.
edit on 6-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

no way this even sees court. merkel belongs to the Ruler class, not the People. not only is she marching in lock-step with the rest of the western world, she is a world leader. the only world leaders who get in any trouble are the muslim ones. even if she got in trouble, it would be a fine and mansion-arrest, no prison. i can see the Germans having a bad reaction to their leadership openly showing joy at someone's death, they don't want anyone thinking they're death-crazed again. but our german cousins aren't any more responsible for hitler than we americans are for OBL's illegal state-sanctioned assassination.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Agreed.

There's no way anything will come of this, it would open a huge can-of-worms relating to the legality of the US's actions. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

" So what do youse think? Will she be taken to court or even imprisoned for what she said? "

It's a Moot Point . Osama Bin Laden Died in 2001 suffering from the debilitating effects of Marfan's Syndrome and Renal failure . This Fantasy the Obama Administration is perpetrating on the World Stage is criminal to say the Least . I Hope the German People are Smart enough to see through this Obvious Ruse and just Ignore this Judges Comments.........

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
well considering some of the planning of 9-11 was done in a mosque in germany and shut down after finding that out i think the german people can say and feel whatever they wish.

thats messed up imo.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

shakespeake said it best.

all the worlds a stage and we are merely players.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To be Dead , or Not to be Dead , that is the Question Horatio ..........

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You bolded the meaningful portion.

"up to."

if it even gets anywhere, she gets a strongly-worded letter.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Three years in prison for an opinion(???), wow that's a bit much, now whose is "tacky"...
They can try it, but the truth about what really happened with OBL is so conflicted it may be dismissed anyway.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Isn't there some (supposed) international law that prohibits the prosecution of a head of state.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by RicoMarston

There's no way anything will come of this, it would open a huge can-of-worms relating to the legality of the US's actions.

Any chance that was the judges intent in the first place?

new topics

top topics

join