It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie of the Century..( All war is based on deception )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
All war is based on deception." -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

There is nothing new in a government lying to their people to start a war. Indeed because most people prefer living in peace to bloody and horrific death in war, any government that desires to initiate a war usually lies to their people to create the illusion that support for the war is the only possible choice they can make.

Hitler used this principle of lying to his own people to initiate an invasion. He told the people of Germany that Poland had attacked first and staged fake attacks against German targets. The Germans, convinced they were being threatened, followed Hitler into Poland and into World War 2

Did the government of the United States lie to the American people, more to the point, did President Bush and his Neocon associates lie to Congress, to initiate a war of conquest in Iraq?

This question has been given currency by a memo leaked from inside the British Government which clearly indicates a decision to go to war followed by the "fixing" of information around that policy. This is, as they say, a smoking gun.

But the fact is that long before this memo surfaced, it had become obvious that the US Government, aided by that of Great Britain, was lying to create the public support for a war in Iraq.

Then there was the claim about the "Mobile biological weapons laboratories". Proffered in the absence of any real laboratories in the wake of the invasion, photos of these trailers were shown on all the US Mainstream Media, with the claim they while seeming to lack anything suggesting biological processing, these were part of a much larger assembly of multiple trailers that churned out biological weapons of mass destruction

In the end, the real proof that we were lied to about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction is that no weapons of mass destruction were ever found. That means that every single piece of paper that purported to prove that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction was by default a fraud, a hoax, and a lie. There could be no evidence that supported the claim that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction because Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction. In a way, the existence of any faked documents about Iraq's WMDs is actually an admission of guilt. If one is taking the time to create fake documents, the implication is that the faker is already aware that there are no genuine documents.

Powell claimed that Iraq had an aggregate of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical and biological warfare agents. Powell gave no basis for that claim at all, and a DIA report issued the same time directly contradicted the claim. No biological or chemical weapons were found in Iraq following the invasion.

Powell claimed that "unnamed sources" confirmed that Saddam had authorized his field commanders to use biological weapons. No such weapons were ever used by the Iraqis to defend against the invasion and, of course, none were ever found in Iraq.

Powell claimed that 122mm warheads found by the UN inspectors were chemical weapons. The warheads were empty, and showed no signs of ever having contained chemical weapons.

Powell claimed that Iraq had a secret force of illegal long-range Scud missiles. None were ever found.

Powell claimed to have an audio tape proving that Saddam was supporting Osama Bin Laden. But independent translation of the tape revealed Osama's wish for Saddam's death.

The President of the United States and his Neocon associates lied to the people of the United States to send them off on a war of conquest.

Lying to start a war is more than an impeachable offence; it the highest possible crime a government can commit against their own people. Lying to start a war is not only misappropriation of the nation's military and the nation's money under false pretenses, but it is outright murder committed on a massive scale. Lying to start a war is a betrayal of the trust each and every person who serves in the military places in their civilian leadership. By lying to start a war, the Bush administration has told the military fatalities and their families that they have no right to know why they were sent to their deaths. It's none of their business.

Our nation is founded on the principle of rule with the consent of the governed. Because We The People do not consent to be lied to, a government that lies rules without the consent of the governed, and ruling without the consent of the governed is slavery.

You should be more than angry. You should be in a rage. You should be in a rage no less than that of the families of those young men and women who have been killed and maimed in this war started with a lie.You need to be in a rage and you need to act on that rage because even as I type these words, the same government that lied about Iraq's nuclear weapons is telling the exact same lies about Iran's nuclear capabilities. The writing is on the wall; having gotten away with lying to start the war in Iraq, the US Government will lie to start a war in Iran, and after that another, and after that another, and another and another and another because as long as you remain silent, and as long as you remain inactive, the liars have no reason to stop.

As long as you remain inactive, the liars have no reason to stop.

None.

It is time to fire the liars.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is
for good men to do nothing" .
--Edmund Burke

edit on 6-5-2011 by romka71 because: forget it

edit on 6-5-2011 by romka71 because: forget to put a link

edit on 7/5/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was pondering on this subject on the way to the office today.. then the news started talking about the inconsistancies in the Pakistani story about how OBL supposedly lived for so long right next to a major military academy. I realized at that point, the USGOV and MSM encourages criticism of all those who doubt the official USGOV story but at the same time EXPECT that everyone will doubt the Pakistani story....

Charletons and lies..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well said! S&F for your efforts and everything you have stated is true. However, I hope you get heard because many have tried to get this message across and failed, which is why we will always have wars.

The biggest one of all is on the doorstep and still people bury their heads in the sand.

The bigger crime committed by Obama and his Merry Men is the legislation pushed through the back door - this will ensure that Joe Public won't be able to do a damn thing - No one has any Rights left but they don't know it.

Good Luck - this deserves to be kept front page.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Bin Laden I believe wasn't even in that house - the house was staked out before hand as the ideal place to pull off their propaganda coup.

It was in an ideal spot - Military Area - which also allowed the Obama Gang to say the Pakistani Gov., must have known Bin Laden was there.

The Seals didn't even go in there. If they did, what were all the explosions for (shown on MSM) when we're told a few gun shots were all that were fired. And if they did cause explosions (why) then how come they were apparently there for a whole hour without alerting the military who were so close by?

They send Drones in and it was a Drone that crashed over the wall.

Precision aimed missiles were the only things that went in there - into a house that was occupied by an ordinary family.

Then the story was put out to the media and the dumb public who believe it.

Yes Lies, Lies, Lies -

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
War is a primitive way of settling disputes. ... And we call ourselves a civilized race?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sun Tzu was so intelligent and ahead of his time, that I, a person living in the 21st century , found more insight and understanding of reality from his work "The Art of War", than I have from almost anything written in today's age.

You can apply the strategies everywhere, not just in War. You can live by these ideals and use that knowledge to figure out what is really going on around you and how best you may be able to interact with that surrounding world to your advantage.

I would have to say Sun Tzu's work molded me and shaped my instincts for the better, and facilitated my growth as a human being.

I recommend everyone read it. I believe that it will have as strong an effect on them as it did myself, and that they will find inspiration and growth where they least expected it. A text from 2500 years ago. Go figure...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
War is a primitive way of settling disputes. ... And we call ourselves a civilized race?

Well I don't consider us civilized.

It's more like a pseudo-civilized.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Do you have a good link for this - I'd like to look into it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thank you for putting this together; it seems as though you hit the nail right on the head. I'm curious as to how this thread will progress, so I'll try to keep up with it. You definitely belong here, thanks again!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Do you have a good link for this - I'd like to look into it.

Sure Seekeye. The book is free by the way, and you can find the full text all over the Internet.

I went ahead and looked up a copy for you, but if you cannot stand this particular website, just Google "Read Sun Tzu" or something like that.

Here is the link to a table of contents for the book. Click on each chapter to open the text pages (each chapter is several pages long so make sure you check how many pages are listed in each section.)
Art of War @ readprint.com

edit on 6-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's always been a lie. The RMS Lusitania was sent into troubled waters on purpose to get America into WWI. America knew before hand that the Japanese were on their way to Pearl Harbor and let it happen so they could get into WWII. The Gulf of Tonkin was a lie. 911 was a false flag, if for no other reason, because a real terrorist would have hit the NYSE. If there is such a thing as a real terrorist. War, just like information, is very strictly controlled and it always has been. Why do you think they have the Geneva Conventions and rules of engagement? Because they get off on it. Just like kids playing video games. They want to draw it out and make it last. We could all just kill each other right now but there are laws preventing that. Preventing us from realizing that most people are slaves.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Thanks muzzelflash will enjoy the read - the more pages the better for me.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

The truly amazing thing that just leaves me in absolute AAAAAAWE is...
Many people know of the German false flag by the polish.
And they think, "Lol what dummies to fall for that! I'm glad i live in (insert country) that could never happen here."

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Dear romka71

Very well said.

But that is only the surface of it.

Your president is the equivalent of a mike monitor at junior school.

It matter none which side he comes from and it did not start with Iraq this part started with 9/11.

The big snag to this being accepting by the people is that it will bring down the whole house of cards and I think the fan is being turned on as we speak, over this nonsense in Pakistan.

The MSM gets worse by the day if that is possible. I am sure Dr. Joseph Goebbels has been resurrected and is alive and well.

Good Luck to all.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Brilliant thread with such true views. The next lie I can guarantee will be the lie that Pakistan was harbouring terrorists i.e. OBL and that will be the reason why the US Government will invade Pakistan through a big lie and deception. This will happen within the next couple of months, after the elections, even though there are an endless amount of people who do not beleive the story President Obama has told, his ratings are still going through the roof, once he's re-elected he will be staging another false deceptive war.

People need to stand up to what is right and stop being the slaves we are, it will only become worse for us all!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

"Lying to start a war is more than an impeachable offence; it the highest possible crime a government can commit against their own people."

in total agreement...now for the cynicism.

few if any wars throughout the whole of human history have been motivated by clear cut, black and white issues. there are always multiple factions within each force who have to come together to fight, and they are usually motivated by very different things. Resources, national pride, defense, fear, paranoia, power struggles; all major reasons for war. but on an individual level, not great reasons to give your life and your family's livelihood up.

think about it; what would it take for you to take up arms against an enemy and risk your life to defeat them? i would literally have to fear for the lives of my family and friends in order to make that type of commitment, and the only thing that could inspire that fear in me is seeing an enemy force marching on my position. so if the Rulers want to get the People to go to war, they have to convince them that the cause is worth dying for. since most mundane, real reasons for war don't inspire the majority of us to fight, they've always had to trump it up and make it seem like the world will end if we don't die "for our country." unfortunately for the People, there are too many of us who trust them and believe in them to ask questions before marching off to war and death.

so the question becomes; what do we do about it? The Rulers will always spin the truth or flat out lie to us in order to inspire a following for their cause, so how do we walk away? if we just stopped fighting their wars, they'd be powerless. but there never seems to be a shortage of willing warm bodies for the meat grinder.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just like the way a simple uneducated student in Turkey set-off the upheavel against the Government using facebook, I am sure there is someone out there, with b@lls and beleif to get the word out of a protest outside the whitehouse, protesting the Governments lies, deceptions, demanding for your sons and daughters risking their lives in places like Iraq & Afghanistan be bought home. How else are we going to stop the deceptive wars on innocent people if we cannot even demand for our sons and daughters not to be part of something which is not for the USA's benefit but for the elites.. There are alot of people who beleive in the President but beleive you me there are many that don't. You need to get together and protest, the freedom of free speech needs to be utilised before that is taken away from all you people too.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by romka71

All war is based on deception." -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

You had me at the Sun Tzu quote.

But yes, it's a sad world we live in.
edit on 7-5-2011 by drkylefletcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

nothing new.... the only art of war is to not start a war

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Real leadership shouldn't have to lie to have followers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join