It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide drugs could be made available over the counter if euthanasia laws are changed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

...or if a deadly comet, nuclear bomb, major eruption is headed your way...heres the question, should a suicidal pill be an option to check out before the # hits the fan? or for that matter; this depopulation thingy, i would rather take the pill, and not the morning after. lets take fema camps or suicidal pill? pill wins again! good thread, you got me thinking?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ridiculous reason.

Someone doesn't like me, spikes my drink or ham sammich with rat poison. Watches me suffer wildly before I croak. Profit. Or buy a gun and shoot. Seriously, prohibition has failed on all levels. If someone has the will, they'll find the means, so be good for goodness sakes.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: It is my will!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is a stupid, sensationalist headline put out by a paper that is against euthanasia. Seriously, OTC suicide pills? Come on, it's not gonna happen! Silly, scaremongering straw man.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Quietus anyone?

Don't worry no animals were harmed during the making of this product.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You could always buy a bottle of aspirin and just take the whole thing

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whether it OTC or not...how many would be in a bottle? But seriously, I agree we have enough ways to do yourself in. My brother certianly found a way. And I totally agree with it being a bad idea since he was a very accomplished artist, had a masters in art, a black belt in taekwondo (dont know what degree if they have any), and he had just gotten caught up in paranoia IMHO...no note. So giving an easier way is not a good idea in my opinion. Of course I may have a skewed view.

On the other hand, I am ok with what happened...it was his decision although I think a bad one. So in that train of thought, I am just being selfish.
edit on 7-5-2011 by savagemoron because: spelling

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
so we'd be finding dead bodies 10 fold? ya thats the solution to our problems.

if euthanasia laws are changed...then couldn't they just perform...euthanasia???? why does it need to be drugs?
subconsciously some idiot will think, jeez, drugs kill.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What would the pills look like?

Cross and Bones, or a Picture of Jesus going "come hither" pressed onto the top?

Can you imagine how many ex wives might be given these pills "accidently?"
No, I only have/had one wife..saying "good morning defendent" every morning is painful enough.

Will they look like Flintsone Vitamins? Like happy pills? LONG Lasting Happy Pills?

When R U 4 86 pills came out from France for morning after birthcontrol...I thought it was a sick joke.
Funny But Sick.
www.ru486facts.org...

What are they gonna call it?

Suicide,Depression and Terminal Illness is not funny. Period.

WOULD I take the Blue Pill or Red Pill to say goodbye, or stick around and make my families life miserable while they watched me fade away?

I don't have to answer that today.

Ask me when the time is closer.I may want options

Tough Call.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

where are you going to find a Dr who would go directly against their Oath to cause no harm? where are you going to find a Dr who would even let that patient leave their office? that patient would be restrained and hospitalized supposedly for their own good.

anti-marijuana laws should be a good indicator of how ridiculous government is. read the history, flip on the TV and watch a few documentaries. we all know maryjane is not harmful. but we are lorded over by corrupt SOB's that do not represent our will and want, they cowtow to their wealthy powerful cronies.

for reefer to be illegal is the height of arrogance and stupidity. there is nothing but goodness and joy from Mother Nature, and all of her gifts have their purpose.

i wish the UK citizens the best of luck in getting kill pills. i wish they sold them in America. we are kinder to ailing cats and dogs than we are to loved ones (humans) suffering through their final days.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dr. assisted euthanasia has been around a while.

www.abc.net.au...
(dated 2003 article)

You shouldn't be allowed to buy death pills @ 7/11....

Unless they were cheaper and higher quality then their hotdogs.

Now that I think about it...2-4 of those dogs will probably kill you anyway.Hmmmm.

I have PERSONALLY seen a clerk put those hotdogs on the grill...and the hotdogs start yelping and RUN out of the 7/11....

I'll post pics shortly.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
anti-marijuana laws should be a good indicator of how ridiculous government is. read the history, flip on the TV and watch a few documentaries.

Ignorance is one excuse for the War on Drugs.

But the real motivation behind it is greed.

People make money from putting innocent drug users in prison.

The War on Drugs is the biggest problem in the world today, hurting the most innocent people and destabilizing both our government and those around the world.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
reply to post by Monts

Or a bullet and a gun, or even a plastic bag to put over your head etc... the list could go on for ages.

Yeah, smart idea Einstein.
Because everybody has a great shot.

If you don't hit the right spot with a gun, you could end up paralyzed in a world of pain.

But you're right.
people would rather have that possibly happen then die in their sleep.
Smart move.

Not really.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hmmm , you have to wonder , would these pills come in different flavors ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Adults have the goddamn right to do whatever they want to their bodies as long as no one else is hurt by these actions. Legalize everything from suicide to weed to hookers! I vote YEA.

I like that. It really is ridiculous that sane adults are not only told what they can and cannot do with their bodies, they can also be fined or lose their freedom if they choose to do so. I find it mind-blowing that a human being can be so arrogant as to say: Sweed? This naturally growing gift of Mother Nature? it's illegal! These SOB's are the same corksackers that have friends making $$$$$ galore from their business interests in the privatized prison systems.

I was told of a fellow in LA that just got popped for the 3rd time with sweed; had a lb of it and was sentenced to life in prison. COME ON! There are murderers, rapists and paedophiles that serve a few years for their illegal activity and boom, they're back home eating Mom's apple pie.

Prostitution too. I've been told that in progressive thinking, mature countries in Europe that have Red Light Districts do not have anywhere near the sex crime statistics our victims in America suffer through. Absolutely ridiculous. Part of being an adult is having privileges you can handle in a mature reasonable fashion. Meanwhile there is at least two huge juicy sex scandals annually involving the Catholic Church, Televangelists or our clown shoe wearing friends in the White House. Hypocrites, the lot of them.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
But thats a very stupid idea, what about the people who are depressed and want to kill themselves painlessly?

Depression can be just as debilitating as a terminal illness. Why shouldn't severely depressed individuals be given the option to euthanize themselves humanely if they choose?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
so check this out, theirs this lady in my neighborhood that "For only $60, will mail you a package containing a plastic bag, medical tubing and an instruction guide for a lone purpose—to help someone commit suicide by encasing his or her head in the bag and filling it with helium, which is lethal in its pure form".
she pulled $98,000 in sales last year... here's a link to her story
mounthelix.patch.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join