It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide drugs could be made available over the counter if euthanasia laws are changed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

lol...i dont think you were "suicidal" enough during your depression episode

thats a good thing...

if youre mobile...if one is determined to die...your options are limitless

you dont need to go buy that otc med, prescription required or not...

Oh how very true... its so incredibly easy.

Thing is... most dont really want to die.. unless you take the guy that ran head first into the wood chipper. I figure he was serious. When I was working, suicide attempts came in... not ONCE did one say.. nahh dont save my life and let me die. EVERY one begged to be saved when they figured out it was for keeps. The ones that didnt want to live never made it to the ER.. the people who were actually serious.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by muzzleflash
"But here is the clincher, that herbal plant is 100% safe and has never been scientifically attributed to the death of any human being".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand your comment above. Foxglove is toxic and has caused deaths to human beings. See the info bellow from drugs.com:

Digitalis
Scientific Name(s): Digitalis purpurea L.; Digitalis lanata Ehrh; Family: Scrophulariaceae (figworts)

Common Name(s): Foxglove , digitalis , purple foxglove , throatwort , fairy finger , fairy cap , lady's thimble , scotch mercury , lion's mouth , witch's bells , dead man's bells , woolly foxglove

Toxicology
All parts of the plant are toxic. The incidence of digitalis toxicity in therapeutic use has been estimated to range from 5% to 25%. Ingestion of extremely small amounts of the plant may be fatal to humans, especially children, and to animals. Toxicity is cumulative.

Toxicology
All parts of the plant are toxic. Animal toxicity occurs during grazing. Children have become ill by sucking the flowers or ingesting seeds or parts of the leaves. Deaths have been reported among people who drank tea made from digitalis mistakenly identified as comfrey, although the bitter taste often deters ingestion, and its emetic properties can induce vomiting, thereby limiting systemic absorption. Digitalis poisoning is also associated with intentional ingestion with suicidal intent.

Source: www.drugs.com...

edit on 5/7/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Reminds me of Quietus from Children of Men

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What do you mean Suicide Drugs could be made available "over the counter"?

I could walk a block to my local liquor store, by a 2/6 for $24, down it in the parking lot, and die an hour later.

Seems to me like there are more than enough suicide drugs already available.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Or a bullet and a gun, or even a plastic bag to put over your head etc... the list could go on for ages.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
reply to post by Monts

Or a bullet and a gun, or even a plastic bag to put over your head etc... the list could go on for ages.

I know, right?

When you think about it though, if actual safe and quick suicide drugs were available, less people would be hurt by failed attempts (guns), and bystanders wouldn't have to accidentally watch or be involved in someone's suicide.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Yes indeed, but also they could be used for negative purposes too, just like everything can be. It would be really easy to put into someones drink, although i know, there are poisons and drugs already out there that will do that as well.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

I don't understand your comment above. Foxglove is toxic and has caused deaths to human beings. See the info bellow from drugs.com:

You totally misunderstood me.

I was being vague on purpose to keep my post clean basically.

The "herb" I was talking about is called Cannabis Sativa.

I am pretty sure you know all about it already but just in case you never heard of it, here is a wikipedia link on it.
Wiki link
edit on 7-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So muh for the sanctity of life and respect of fellow humans, hugh? i can see it now..teens going through hard times, being bullied, for eexample, wroing crowd of others, will take these suicide pills, without knowing the hardships life is really about..take the easy way out* an aciddntal homicide* is how ide look at it.
what ever happned to doctors taking the hippocratical oath? yuode think pharmacutical companys would follow too..apparently not.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

That is my concern also. It would be too easy,regardless of whether or not
it is by prescription or not...Prescription drug abuse is huge, everywhere.

Sounds like a easy depopulation plan to me......

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
"Ahhh.... could you pass me that blue box of 'Extinction Plus"? Yes the one to your right. Thank You."
edit on 7-5-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

OMG over the counter? i am all for suicide drugs if somebody is in pain and the quality of life has diminished to the point of it being unbareable, but over the counter?

i thought if it were legalised it would be done in a way that can be monitored and recorded, in a special place or someone sent to the home address if they prefer to die at home, if the person themselves cannot speak and agree to it then it is not done.

over the counter sounds to me like anyone can pick up the drug and do away with whoever they see fit. even if it is prescribed by a doctor, that does not mean the person collecting the drug is going to use it on the person it is suppose to be used on.

lets hope if it happens there are no thefts etc of the drug.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Reason Number Uno why this is a bad idea.

I don't like you.
I go buy suicide pills.
I break them into powder.
I put it in your drink.

That's why it's a bad idea....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't buy any of this legal Euthenasia stuff.
If anyone wants to end it, all they have to do is go to their local drug dealer and get enough Heroin to do the job. For a couple of dollars.
The chances are no one will get caught, cause millions of these types of transactions go on every day with no drama.
People die of drug overdoses everyday and NO ONE gets arrested in 99.9% of cases for supplying the drugs.

If there already is an easy way to do it NOW why is this subject bought up so often?

Cause they are brainwashing and conditioning us to get used to the idea.
Kind of like, plant a seed and watch it grow...

They've realised they can't kill us off quick enough, so have now decided to make it easier for us to do the job ourselves. And MANY will fall for it.
They don't want people clogging up hospital wards clinging to HOPE. If you can't work and pay taxes and GIVE instead of take up space and cost them, they'd prefer you dead now please.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

And heroin will get you good and #ed up before you die, so you die happier then you've ever been. And you'd just pass out and die.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

he - i am not advocating anything - or making any suggestion - but IMHO its absolute common knowledge that 25 OTC pain relief capsules and a 75ml botle of vodka works every time [1]

[1] unless someone intervenes with medical treatment

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

and there are also 1001 other thinks and enemy could spike a persons food or drink with

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
my views on volutary euthenasia , are simples - it should only be allowed for terminal illness patients who have no hope of remission and the prospect of plummeting quality of life

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Adults have the goddamn right to do whatever they want to their bodies as long as no one else is hurt by these actions. Legalize everything from suicide to weed to hookers! I vote YEA.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join