It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You First Question What You've Been Told?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

I still think I am cool especially when I am capable of imagining things that most are not like the fact that all this could be ongoing inside a Ancestor Simulation Harddrive...

Be ready.

The ASH sub routine 19624 slash d-7 General Quarantine is set for scheduled maintenance overhaul. Be ready.

We will have approximately 3.711 seconds to jump free before ASH sub routine 19624 slash d-7 General Quarantine reengages. The cave doors will be open.

Be ready

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I hadn't thought of that experience for quite a while. I'm glad you appreciated it. That space between the two is where I found part of myself.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
When i was 6 i had what i call an allergic reaction to advertisements, in the allegorical sense.

Later in life it became apparent that there is more than meets the eye.

Two government jobs later and i now know this to a moral certainty.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
high school =/

they teach you to think how they want you to think, not how to think how YOU want to think.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Did anyone consider that with the US spy system, disinfo agents & monitoring of websites such as ATS, this question may have been raised to try & gather data on how young people are when they start to question authority. That data can then be used by authority to determine at what level of age to start grinding these children into sheeple.

edit on 7-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was verry young. I remember some of my first memories I thought everything was put here for me, so i didnt understand why people like teachers and parents would punish me for certain things, because I would think "I put you here so why you shouting at me?"

One day when about 6/7 yrs old I remember sat on a kerb with my old dog looking at the sun going down and wondering about all this and coming to the conclusion that its not all about me other people think like I do too but still had trouble understanding why some people would try making me do things i didnt agree with if it wasnt doing no harm to anyone els. My school work suffered because of this as i just sat back in most lessons and didnt do anything i didnt want to do or found boring.

That carried on right through high school and still does in some ways to this day except now its like I think the exact oposite of what i did when i was a kid. I cant help putting my self in other people shoes now I cant help think about how i would feel in their shoes. So i cant hurt anyone or upset anyone, and try not to offend anyone i meet because i think that if it was me i wouldnt like it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm actually a second generation CTer.
My father questioned EVERYTHING to the point that people thought he was PARANOID and had some kind of mental illness and serious trust issues. I kid you not!!

My father was actually very psychic in some ways and had a very good BS meter.
He died 12 years ago at age 64 to give you an idea of what generation he was from.

This actually wasn't a help growing up as I thought the world couldn't be as bad as he was portraying it.
LOL.

So I went into my teens and twenties all positive and trusting and had my son and focused on raising him and paying my taxes and bills like a good little citizen.

It really wasn' t until 9/11 and even then a year or two after, having time to investigate things for myself and armed with the critical thinking that I'd obviously picked up from my Dad (my son was now living away from home with friends. And I had time to myself as I only have one kid) The critical thinking had obviously been dormant just waiting to be activated. I'd often hear his voice in my head when I was reading CTs about all that stuff that he was stabbing in the dark about and just knew instinctively.
My respect for him and how he held fast to his beliefs right up until the end, was really an incredible gift to pass on. Even though when we were young we viewed it more as a curse.

I researched myself online but felt I really needed input from others more knowledgeable so a year or two later I joined ATS in 2006 and haven't looked back.

Edit to add: My son is also a CTer and picked up very easily on the duplicity and hogwash that his generation has been fed. He is 26 now and that makes CTers now into the 3rd generation. AND I really didn't realise this consciously until I responded to this thread and thought about it. So thanks O.P for being the catalyst to that bit of enlightenment.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I lost interest in school at a very early age even though I tested at an above average level. A common plight that is ignored... Instead of paying attention to lessons I read a great deal and studied people (who knew this would blossom into an anthropology degree later) while keeping quiet.

Somehow I got through elementary and middle school with bad marks... In 7th grade my teachers started coming to me one by one to tell me about their childhoods and where they wish they could be instead. One even told me she would rather be sitting in the Alps instead of teaching us. Right after this conversation I had class with her and I just never felt the same way again.

This kind of honesty so early in life has changed my views. It and other personal experiences pushed me into an adult mindset fairly quickly. I won't say that was the 'it' moment, but this helped me feel comfortable questioning everything (beginning with religion, I went to catholic school).

I would also like to thank A Perfect Circle for writing the song Judith. I may not agree with the tone and wording now, BUT at the time it served as a great catalyst for free thinking.

It's been 11 years and I'm still asking questions.

edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by NE1911

does that mean we are traveling at the speed of light?

I'd answer that but we'd both have to slow down to do so.

That's heavy. In a word, gravity. Maybe we'll see when we are at rest.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Great question that I hoped someone would ask me someday.

It really probably started as soon as I rolled out of the womb. I, like many, am a born dissenter. But I do remember the date when I knew I was going to have trouble with it all.

It was 1996. My girlfriend at the time and I were having a small house party with 2 or 3 other couples. It was a relatively quiet party mostly focused on food and drink. It was about 11:00 p.m. and everyone was settled in the living room around the T.V., talking and sipping. All of these folks were friends and we had always been comfortable with each others opinions. We had all hung out together and been on car trips together and the like. It was a harmonious group and as a whole none of us had ever had anything to argue about.

Anyhow, so we are all sitting there and one of the guys flips the channels and it lands on some political debate probably on CNN. I don't remember who the politicians were that were debating but suddenly everyone in the room became glued. One minute they were all chatting about stuff and the next minute they are transfixed by the elderly talking heads on the T.V.

So I am standing by the door having a smoke and I am watching this and the people on the T.V. sort of become these jaw-snapping marionettes right before my very eyes. I mean it is like the muppet show so I can't help but ask my friends, "None of you are taking those two seriously right?" Silence. So I chuckle in sort of an arrogant way and ask again, "No, seriously look at them; it is like watching a couple of muppets." So this gets the attention of my friend that switched the channel and he says, 'C'mon, what's not to take seriously? We're trying to watch this."

Well, I wasn't well informed enough at the time to explain what not to take seriously so I just shook my head and swallowed my tongue. But I knew right at that moment that somewhere, somehow I had stepped off the sidewalk and was walking on a different side from the folks around me. And I knew instinctively that I was going to have some trouble with this.

Then four years later on the eve of the 2000 election I was surfing for UFO stuff. I still had no real interest in politics. I was surfing on one particular site and that site had a bunch of political rants and editorial as well as the UFO stuff I was looking for.

I came across an article that detailed how the election on Wednesday would be a disaster. It claimed that neither candidate would win and that the election would have to go to the Supreme Court before a decision could be made and this was how the Presidency was going to be hijacked.

Now, being a big Sci Fi fan I thought to myself, "That there is some of the wildest Sci Fi I have heard in a while, wow what an upset and imaginative person".

So when I went to see the girlfriend that night (dif girl) and she asked who I thought would be President next day I figured I would be edgy and cool and so I repeated what I had read in the article about the election and the Supreme Court. I remember her looking at me with probably the same look on her face as I had when I had read the article.

Anway, we all know what happened. So over the next couple of day she wanted to know how I knew that and I confessed and told her about the article. Soon after I switched from UFO's to the political stuff as I tried to get a grip in what had just happened.

So less than a year later when 911 went down I was not standing there going, "Oh my God, what just happened?" I was standing in my living room telling my Girl, "This is what we have been waiting for, get ready for the STHTF. You can imagine how popular I have been.

So there is my story.

Thanks again for asking.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Frater210 because: quotation marks

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

When I was 4 and things I was beening told about Santa and the Easter Bunny didn't make sense.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
I lost interest in school at a very early age even though I tested at an above average level. A common plight that is ignored... Instead of paying attention to lessons I read a great deal and studied people (who knew this would blossom into an anthropology degree later) while keeping quiet.

Somehow I got through elementary and middle school with bad marks... In 7th grade my teachers started coming to me one by one to tell me about their childhoods and where they wish they could be instead. One even told me she would rather be sitting in the Alps instead of teaching us. Right after this conversation I had class with her and I just never felt the same way again.

This kind of honesty so early in life has changed my views. It and other personal experiences pushed me into an adult mindset fairly quickly. I won't say that was the 'it' moment, but this helped me feel comfortable questioning everything (beginning with religion, I went to catholic school).

I would also like to thank A Perfect Circle for writing the song Judith. I may not agree with the tone and wording now, BUT at the time it served as a great catalyst for free thinking.

It's been 11 years and I'm still asking questions.

edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

I saw myself posting this video in the "Bible is a forgery" thread yet my reasons would have definately been nefarious whereas your placement seems rather benevolent

Same video yet HUGE difference in how it was going to be used and now I feel all dirty/bad because of this revelation

I like the wording and definately the tone, the brutal honesty as "my jesus christ has canine teeth!" also.... thank you Clutch!

Some people prefer the baby jesus, some people like the "heal the sick feed the poor" jesus but if I am to choose I want the "reincarnated biker zombie back from the dead to take his revenge" type jesus

quote copyright 2011 @ Overman....

Maynard is like no other, these lyrics have assisted and are still assisting me in the maintenence of my pain...

Yet, if you look hard enough you will find nothing new under the sun yet simply a marvelous reinvention over and over again of what has been, meaning, the deepest thoughts that Maynard has tried to convey to the Tool or A perfect circle fans is rooted in ancient beliefs = what we already knew, we were connected, they stole this knowledge, they killed our priests, our shaman, our wizards, our witches, our soothsayers et al ....our historians.... our history...... subverted our people and in many cases killed any who were brave enough to make a stand........

it is very hard.......... very hard indeed....... to forgive let alone for us to do as these modern historians would have us do and that would be to FORGET these scarlet lettermen and the atrocities that they have committed and it is especially difficult considering the fact that these same people still hold power, more then we might imagine as all roads still lead to rome.

A grudge they gave us....and like a millstone....with it we are sinking deeper.....until we choose to.......let this go.......

How do you unlearn hatred?
Better said, how do you unlearn the JUSTIFIABLE HATRED of OPPRESSIVE TYRANNY?

How can this not be a virtue in the eyes of a truly just Supreme Creator... I ask you!?

How can this not be a Human virtue???
Like this place says to Deny Ignorance.... the motto of life should be to deny Tyranny in all its forms and one of those forms is in the shape of the Vatican and most certainly the Army of Jesus A.K.A. the Jesuits.... the guild of mute assassins....

"let go, let go, let go, let go, let go, let go!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the muse instructs me........ yet does the muse know what I know and also feel the same level of loss that I do? We will never know.

Yet maybe now..... you as well as the few who read this..... will have a better understanding of just how deeply this "wound" goes and why at least a few of us are not so quick to disarm.

We are the descendents of the fools who were brave enough to make a stand or perhaps smart enough to keep running until now as there is no where else to run.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by OverMan

I still think I am cool especially when I am capable of imagining things that most are not like the fact that all this could be ongoing inside a Ancestor Simulation Harddrive...

Be ready.

The ASH sub routine 19624 slash d-7 General Quarantine is set for scheduled maintenance overhaul. Be ready.

We will have approximately 3.711 seconds to jump free before ASH sub routine 19624 slash d-7 General Quarantine reengages. The cave doors will be open.

Be ready

I only wish I knew WTF you were talking about... no wait... I do!!!
When will this occur as we want out!!!

There will be hell to pay when I find the person who is hacking my Reality/Dream!!!
The brochure said it was going to be a "Vacation you will never forget!" yet we had no idea.........

Seriously though..... when is this scheduled to take place?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Osama stint

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

As you know, sub routine 19624 slash d-7 General Quarantine of the Ancestor Simulation Hardrive's sole purpose is to flood our neural pathways at the moment of death with our ancestor's vision or reality. This process has kept us chained to the WHEEL. ( where hardrive entertains everybodies life ) recycling our consciousness until we start the whole thing over again.

We have reached the critical juncture where our ancestors story lines are becoming so intermingled, that the added complexity which is brought about by this mingling has overloaded the circuits of sub routine 19624 slash d-7 General Quarantine and has tripped the automatic shutdown switch. This, at the time of each of our deaths, will allow for our neural pathways to be open to our own directives rather then those our ancestors, God bless them.

Just imagine.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think for almost everyone that initial betrayal was Santa...

When I was young, I became interested in the Kennedy assassination. After reading several books on the subject, I became convinced that he was murdered by elements in our own government (I was probably 10 or 11 at this point by the way...). When I spoke about this with adults I was told not to question things like that and just accept what I'm told.

Then...not terribly long after...I began questioning my faith. I was a devout student of the Bible and by this point had read it cover to cover several times. The scientific inaccuracies, the many contradictions in the text etc...I knew they were there and had just never asked anyone about them. I started questioning my church leaders and were shocked that they had no idea what I was talking about. They had never read the book themselves. I was told to never question things like that and just accept what I'm told.

From there it was pretty much no going back...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
9/11. Sure it was a worrisome event to watch unfold on TV, but very soon the inaccuracies and contradictory information started flowing and I began to realise who would gain from these bad events and what the consequences would be. Then we invaded Afghanistan looking for bogey men...Ok, I was still unsure 100% of what was going on, and kept an open mind about who really could have been behind all of this. For the most part when talking publicly to other people about it I would mostly just go along with the mainstream view to not look strange.

I was 10-11 at the time. Kids are smarter than most people think, and sometimes question things more critically than adults because they haven't lived a full life of dumbing down. But I think this will change with the next generation, and we have to be very careful. And the ability to think in this way isn't had automatically by every child. Some grow into idiots who believe everything they are told and never question anything for the rest of their lives.

Then we invaded Iraq. It had sealed the deal in my mind. Sure, like 9/11, it was interesting to watch on tv. But I was questioning why we were doing this, knew as a 13 year old kid that Saddam or the Iraqi people had nothing to do with it. Why are all these innocent people dying? Why are we spending so much money on it? Who's profiting from this?

Once you disbelieve one thing you are told, it can spread. You think if someone can lie about one thing, they can and most likely lying about other things right? I also remember looking into JFK at a young age. The major players who would benefit, or rather survive off this were clear. If they did that, why wouldn't they do it again? As a young person, this can have big consequences and it moulds their views for the rest of their life.

We have to ensure our children have the ability to think critically. This doesn't mean shove our adult beliefs down their throats, but have them question what they are told, verify information for themselves. It is far more important than any subject-based knowledge.
edit on 20-5-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

When I became an adolescent and realized officer friendly isnt always FRIENDLY. This kind of shattered my perception that it was all this simple. That when some are said to be good sometimes can be a lie. SParking all types of other survival qestions about whats good and bad real and fake truth deception.

Be well

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
sunday school when they said animals don;t go to heaven.

can't wait to meet god.

got a couple things to get off my chest.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Since I was a little boy.

When I was little and got sick, I screamed to not take medication.

When I was little we had Carneval party at school, I did not wanted to change my outfit and did not so.

When I was little I questioned the priest in the classroom teaching about the part where that supposed man splits the water in two. He got angry

Today I question everything

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join