It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Network: Duality At It's Best?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Fox network started with the controversial "immoral" "Married...With Children", and the decidedly left thinking "The Simpsons" in the late 1980s. Since then they have branched out into airing liberal leaning programming, like "Family Guy", "Futurama", "American Dad", "Mad TV", and the slew of bottom barrel reality shows, like "The Swan", where women were given complete plastic surgery make overs, to the point where they were completely unrecognizable.

Yet, at at the same time, this network airs a right wing "christian" based news network. How do they reconcile these contrasting ideologies? Is the agenda simply to exploit "both sides of the coin", or is there something more to this? How can a broadcasting company successfully ascribe to two complete opposite ideologies?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

I think you hit the nail already, they dominate the conservative segment of the nation so well that their "news" programs beat out every other cable news network.

Then when it comes to liberal entertainment, they get the most popular animated comedies and trash reality TV
edit on 6-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It's just diversity in a market.
I hate fox but i love the cartoons they put out!
So, although i detest them, they get my ratings for 2 hours a week....cept for bob's burgers, just can't like the show.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

It's just diversity in a market.
I hate fox but i love the cartoons they put out!
So, although i detest them, they get my ratings for 2 hours a week....cept for bob's burgers, just can't like the show.

haha i love Bob's Burgers - the kids are great - and the voice of Bob was Ben Katz from "Dr. Katz" - and the voice of the wife is that guy from jersey who got famous on youtube imitating his mother decorating for christmas. very funny, give it a shot!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the simpsons suggested that the fines the FCC gives Fox are done intentionally so Fox can "donate" to the FCC without really having to

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dude watch how they treat Ron Paul, clear bias. I saw them do a poll today where Paul was in the lead 80% ahead then they dissolved that poll and started a new one where cain was in the lead 50% FOX DOESNT GIVE A P DIDDY ABOUT DIDDY

new topics

top topics

join