It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Ron Paul, Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Him Or What He Supports?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I guess I consider someone fairly up to date on him and someone who very much thinks on the same wavelengths as him so I thought i might be a good source of information.

So regarding Ron Paul, does anyone have any questions they'd like to ask about his policies, views or voting record?

Thanks
MA

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What are his views on-

Worker's rights (minimum wage, working conditions, etc.)

Taxes (both corporate and income)

Military spending

Overall role of the government (Federal and/or state)

I honestly don't know that much about him but some people seem to love him as a potential President.

Since you seem to be a follower, what ultimately about Paul is going to change things for the better in this country, in your opinion?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism
Worker's rights (minimum wage, working conditions, etc.)

So he basically believes here that Govt. should get ouf the way
for minimum wage Govt. shouldn't set that
If people want higher paying jobs they shouldn't apply at McDonalds if they only offer $3/hr, nobody applying and/or high turnover rates would cause the company to rethink salaries

As for working conditions the states should take care of that

Taxes (both corporate and income)

He's against the income tax
He's also suggested the people, by choice, paying 10% of their income and be able to opt-out of the programs and be able to take care of themselves

corporate tax, he's moderately for it but against the "tax the rich" movement because taxing companies will force companies to move to another country and then export here, so it doesn't help job growth

Military spending

He's for a strong national defense and believes that bringing our troops home would make that defense stronger.
He's for a strong national defense but against militarism, policing the world and financing global empires.
He's also against federal aid all across the board because he believes firstly that much lower income taxes would create more generous Americans and realizes that govt. federal aid always goes to dictators and not the people, it's what is used to often prop up govts.

Overall role of the government (Federal and/or state)

A very strong national defense, protecting the liberty of Americans, following the constitution.
Basically if you want to know what he believes Govt. should do just check the Constitution.
He believes in a constitutional republic.

Since you seem to be a follower, what ultimately about Paul is going to change things for the better in this country, in your opinion?

Ending the wars, stop policing the world
allow a free market to prosper where the mass of people control the economy and not Govt.
The mass of people will always want what is best for them, the people
Govt. will always want what is good for elitists

That's why the people should be controlling the economy and not a corrupt body

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for the info!

I really like his view on getting the military out of other countries. That is long overdue. Can't say that I agree with some of his other views, though.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Can't say that I agree with some of his other views, though.

Like what?
Any examples?

Let's discuss!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How does he feel about american manufacturing? How does he feel about taxing companies that outsource American jobs. How does he feel about taxing imports? These are the most important issues to me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigJoninTexas
How does he feel about american manufacturing? How does he feel about taxing companies that outsource American jobs. How does he feel about taxing imports? These are the most important issues to me.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. I've been in corporate America for 20 years and have seen so many jobs go overseas it's pathetic.

How would Paul help to change that trend?

Thanks MA

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Here is a good 40 minute video introduction to Ron Paul for anyone who would like some starter information:

He has my vote, again.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Can't say that I agree with some of his other views, though.

Like what?
Any examples?

Let's discuss!

Let me just first say that my thoughts are just based on limited knowledge of Paul. The video above me and other short snippets I've seen Paul seems sincere, which is cool to see. I understand and in some ways agree with what he's saying about the government. I think it's neat that he seems to put so much faith in the people but I just don't think that approach is going to improve this country or life for it's citizens. I definitely could be wrong, obviously.

In an nutshell I think the government needs to be reformed and ran better. It needs to be a true representation of the people and there needs to be more accountability. Does spending need to be cut? Obviously. Do programs need to be run better? Absolutely. It may take a long time (and maybe even a revolution) for that to happen, but I think that's the only way this country is going to really turn around.

Some of Paul's views (from what I can gather) could actually makes things worse. Having an even more hands off approach with corporations and less regulations could be disastrous, IMO. My view is corporations and the wealthy, since 1980, have had it pretty damn good in this country. Examples, GE didn't pay taxes this year, the wealthy continue to soak up more of the wealth while the middle class disappears and wages remain stagnant. I'm not sure how Paul's MO is going to change that for the the better if he wants less taxes and regulations. Less taxes does not create jobs. If that were true, then unemployment would not be that high right now, but it would've or should've been back in the 50's and 60's.

Just my 2 cents. I agree with some of what Paul is saying, but I don't view the government as a whole the same as Paul. I do agree with him on some of it, though, some regulations on things is getting ridiculous.

And I am no means a Chris Matthews fan, but he had a point with what he says about the "10 percent solution". The infrastructure is crumbling in this country, highways are horrible to drive on where I live.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nice Info in the replies so far OP,

I'm also a Ron Paul fan, although not from the US. I find a lot of people get put off after seeing snippets of his speeches, mainly becasue his ideas are so far from they way the world works just now. He always says the most important thing, even more so than actually changing the way the govt's run, is changing peoples ideas on how gov't should be run.

I(f anyone's in any doubt about him. Watch some more of his videos, read up on him. The more you listen to it, and get used to his, seeminlgy, radical ideas the more sense it actually makes.

He's been a genuine inspiration to me over the past few years and i'm so glad that he has the support to make a run of this. Hope this thread continues to ease peoples objections.

Peace

Edit: S&F for you
edit on 7-5-2011 by Thundersmurf because: S&F

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
His anti-imperialism stance is very unique for an American. I once heard him say as long as we have nuclear submarines, no nation and there military would ever dare attack the US directly. And he is right, not only that but even if some country did, NATO is bound by treaty defend the US, not that they would need it.

American forces around the globe beyond the American border are costing billions. They are doing what the old Roman empire did, just trade military base for military garrison.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul, being a Brit it's hard to find an equivalent over here, however I have some questions about some policies.

How would Ron Paul ensure safety for the many people who are too poor to avoid quality health care or decent health insurance.

What are his views regarding health insurance companies refusing to cover people because of dubious 'pre-existing conditions'

What are his views on corporate monopolies and cartels within business?

What are his views regarding unemployment benefits?

What are his views regarding providing welfare for disabled citizens?

What are his views regarding the funding of the military, would he continue the sort of spending currently setting America's military budget way above that of any other nation?

Thanks.

top topics

join