It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2nd lucid dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hi this is my 1st thread here because until now i haven't really had anything happen to me lately that might be of particular interest to anyone. By the way this is not a stupid end world dream like so many others lately... sigh...

Okay I will start with the 2nd lucid dream i've had because that was the more important unusual one. I will post my 1st lucid dream underneath. Read it or don't. I completely understand if its TLDR. But do read this one!

Okay so in my 2nd dream at some point I was with my girlfriend and we were walking through Auckland city. I felt like I was drunk (if i'm in the city while awake I usually am drunk) and was on the footpath when some bald guy in a black 60's era car tried to swerve off the road and hit us both. We got out the way and he disappeared from the drivers seat. For some reason (well we all know what I was trying to do
) I tried to get in his car but there were no door handles. Out of nowhere he came back completely ignored me, got in his car somehow and left. At this point I hadn't even noticed my girlfriend had vanished. I felt really really drunk (i havent had alcohol in over a week) and for some reason decided to climb a street sign. I climbed and looked around and saw a combined police station/hospital. It shouldnt exist... but it did in my dream.

Now this is where it starts to get interesting! So read on!

I heard a ruckus coming from down the road so i jumped off and made my way there. I came to an area that looked like a two storey miniature colisseum that was blocked off by police and guys in hazmat suits. Up ahead inside a few of the arcs were just some hazmat guys doing something odd. There were a few random people watching them with angry expressions. I tried to walk through past the blockade but a hazmat guy told me to stand back and the cop next to him pulled a gun on me. I was starting to wonder if any of it was real and I was going to touch the hazmat guys shoulder to check but didn't want to get shot so i got behind the blockade and turned to the guy next to me. I put my hand on his shoulder and asked him 'Do you feel that?' and he told me he did. Then everyone started randomly walking away from the blockade even the police and hazmat guys. I started telling them that "Your all a part of my dream aren't you? This entire area is part of my imagination right?' but they were all walking off silently like zombies and seemed like they couldn't hear me. It became increasingly difficult for me to speak for some reason and then suddenly I woke up.

It was the weirdest thing aye. It was like I pulled the plug on the dream. As soon as I tried to test the sense of feeling everyone just gave up on what they were doing and walked away. Were they my subconscious? They had full human faces despite unrecognized. They even initially responded to my presence. Why do you guys reckon they did what they did. I just wanted to hear peoples opinions of what happened there. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Anyway so I had my very first lucid dream about 4-6 months ago which was rather a bizarre one. I don't know how the dream began but at some point I came to be at the bottom of a valley. There were two steep diagonal cliffs to my left and right that had a grey colour terrain with lots of rocks. It was getting rather dark (dusk) and the sky was rather grey too. In front of me and behind was a very straight path with no rocks. On both sides of me about 6 white wolves (three each side) began slowly and silently descending toward me down the cliffs. I remember thinking I was going to die but not ever feeling afraid. I tried to run at 3 of them on one side flailing my arms around and screaming to try scare them off but they kept coming toward me at the same pace. As they got closer i realised they had glowing navy blue eyes (full sclera and everything) and again I told myself I was probably going to die here. But I still wasn't afraid.

But then I started to question the reality of the situation. This is crazy. This is insane. Where the hell am I? Is this a dream? And then I realized that I was in fact dreaming. The wolves were still coming but I knew they were no threat. They got a little closer and then I randomly said the word "Change" and everything did. The wolves vanished and I was still in a valley but there were trees and the grey terrain had turned bright orange. The sky also had gone from grey to bright orange. The straight path in front of me had become more narrow and slightly overgrown with trees. I walked down it and found a dead dried up brown lizard lying in the middle of path. I woke up straight away. I think I had intended to pick up the lizard but I never got the chance.

So thank you for reading! I'd love to hear your opinions on those dreams. Also please help me to answer these questions.

Why is it when I become aware that i'm dreaming it only lasts about 30 seconds before I wake up?
The other people in my 2nd dream. Are they my imagination? They were so real even when i realized the dream.
Anyone had anything similar?

Please don't make up some BS story. This isnt a storytelling competition! Thanks everyone!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, I think you only last for 30 seconds because as soon as you think and start to question it, it seems to fade away, conflicting thoughts causes this I think.

Those people could be from your subconcious because I think their is a difference between a lucid dream and an out of body experience for example where you control location, your in real time.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've heard plenty of similar stories from those on drugs.

Might be a moral there?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

But nowhere in the post the OP says he is using drugs.
Dont you dream?
Or you lie there in a coma. What's your point?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Quite interesting. As a child I never understood why my friends had nightmares. I always told them, matter of factly, "don't be scared just dream your dad in to help you" I thought everyone could manipulate their dreams.

Sometimes I can get up, go to the bathroom, and get back in bed to continue around where I left off. (if it's a good dream)

You mentioned not being able to be heard at one point which I found interesting. Sometimes I can't see clearly and when I wake up my eye muscles will be very sore like I was physically trying to open them while asleep.

A side note: When I'm not taking Zoloft its much easier for some reason.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Might be a moral there?

Hmm I won't lie to you. I do smoke legal highs. Maybe 2-5 small cones over a day. Nothing of mention really. I used to be a regular marijuana smoker (10-20+ big cones a day) and if I stopped for a few days or weeks it would make my dreams tend to be slightly more vivid and bizarre. However that may just be down to coincedence. My uncle said he had similar effects with pot and his dreams. Not that I believe in star sign stuff but apparently us both being Geminis had some significance too according to my nana. I wasn't under the influence of any substance when these dreams occured though. In my opinion drugs are unrelated. I assure you I am no expert to the effects that drugs may have on the un/subconscious mind but I just don't feel like any drugs are related. It was my realizing that I was in a dream that seemed to change things.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
In my opinion, I think you only last for 30 seconds because as soon as you think and start to question it, it seems to fade away, conflicting thoughts causes this I think.

Those people could be from your subconcious because I think their is a difference between a lucid dream and an out of body experience for example where you control location, your in real time.

Yeah that does seem to make sense however I had no conflicting thoughts once I ultimately realized I was in a dream. I was trying to alert the people that they were part of my dream but they just didn't care. They were unresponsive and showed no emotion after that. I swear it was like they were zombies. Were they apparitions of my subconscious? I just really wanted one of them to say something but they didn't.

I have also had an out of body experience once. But that was completely caused by drugs without a doubt. A legal high called Salvia Divinorium/blue sage. I also encountered people in this experience. I was actually present in town this time around and I stood up and walked onto the road. They were a group of young black guys (no i'm not racist, far from it) in a white car and I tried to say hi to them and they threatened to 'smash me'. A few seconds later I came to and I had not left where i was sitting and I was dribbling. That was about 3-4 years ago! Took me a while to be convinced it didn't actually happen at all. That Salvia is crazy. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Quite interesting. As a child I never understood why my friends had nightmares. I always told them, matter of factly, "don't be scared just dream your dad in to help you" I thought everyone could manipulate their dreams.

Sometimes I can get up, go to the bathroom, and get back in bed to continue around where I left off. (if it's a good dream)

You mentioned not being able to be heard at one point which I found interesting. Sometimes I can't see clearly and when I wake up my eye muscles will be very sore like I was physically trying to open them while asleep.

Are you saying that you have always been able to manipulate your own dreams? I have never attempted to control the dreams. I did say 'Change' during my 1st one and sort of just let it do its own thing. I didn't have anything in mind. Is my dreams what you would call a nightmare? Like I said the feeling of fear eluded me. Even being in danger of imminent death. I have definitely had some horrible nightmares in the past as a child to young teen that have scared me to the point of almost crying and waking up sweating. One in particular I will never ever forget. But that's a whole different story. However over the last 4+ years during my dreams and even while awake fear eludes me. I can tend to be a little overconfident and cocky though... :-P

Sounds like your a lot more skilled with the dreams then I am. Give me some tips! I wanna try control some of the dreams next time!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blarged

I'd love to give you some tips except I don't really know exactly how it starts.
It's always been there. I just close my eyes to sleep and the next thing I know I'll be somewhere else and "know" I'm dreaming. I don't pick the place it picks me I guess. Sometimes I take charge, exploring, while other times I let something else lead, which I usually regret.

I just reread this post and I sound like a nutbag!

edit on 6-5-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You don't sound like a nutbag at all. You sound like you are astral travelling, which can be dangerous so be careful.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

So what are the dangers?

new topics

top topics

join