It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Champion drops Steelers' Mendenhall for questioning Bin Laden's death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Right or not, this is just another bit of something that may make the general public start to question the establishment. Agree or not, it at least may make some stop and think for a minute, which is a rarity.

Apparel company dumps Mendenhall over bin Laden tweets By MJD The backlash to Rashard Mendenhall's Osama bin Laden tweets has gotten a little more real. Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers running back and guy who probably doesn't like Twitter anymore, has been let go as a spokesman for Champion.

Linky

(By the way, I believe this is my first thread(I've been here a while), so if this has been covered already, I apologize.)
edit on Fri May 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He's got lots of support on facebook.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GroundZero

so they only want talent that dos'nt question anything or have an opinion about anything. if he turned up to a game with a t-shirt or something else saying it i could understand more. but twitter?

then we wonder why we never hear many people in high positions or who are considered famous by many speaking out. it is simple, they will lose their job or have their careers ruined.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
professional athletes should not be giving there two cents on twitter and facebook
someone gets in trouble every week and
they are not exactly the smartest group of people

twitter is bogus anyway unless you like sarah palin and justin beiber

we do not need to pay attention to every stupid thought these people have during the day

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I agree with Rashard Mendenhall's comments, it all stinks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 11dead1

I understand where you're coming from. My main point on this is it may just make the general public stop and think for a minute. Probably not, but if it makes 10 people out of the 10 million that see the story, then that's better than none.

I just love when the general public gets exposed to "out of the box" ideas, whether they be right or wrong.

I really believe anything that inspires thought is a good thing, you know?..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That's kind of lame. I mean, it's his opinion for pete's sake. We have a freedom of speech, no? He's just a free thinker in the NFL and I think he should be commended for that. I guess the main thing is for the Steeler's organization to keep him. He's a great running back and to lose his career over something like that is rediculous. Way to tell everyone in the nation that you can't think on your own anymore and be safe at your job or whatever you do in regards to that opinion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
They're supposed to play football, dumb down the masses with talk of whos winning the leagues not question what the elite are doing. There will be a false flag within a month, they're plan is falling apart and we can all see it.

How do you think they pay the players of football (U.S & U.K) millions of dollars/pounds each WEEK!? It's like the player for Liverpool who I love, Luis Suarez bought for 20 million pounds, look at this list and see how much money is wasted buying them... its crazy money. where does it come from!?

www.therichest.org...

My theory is they give them so much per week that they HAVE to hold money in their accounts which keeps building up and up and up. Now the economy is screwed while they have MILLIONS in their account, if you add up how much they have in their accounts like ALL the famous sports people there would be BILLIONS. Wayne Rooney is on A MILLION A MONTH... makes me sick... yet I still watch. and heres the kicked I can't afford to go and watch these Prima donnas kick a ball around for 90 minutes and get paid 50 grand a week.

edit on 6-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: forgot the link durrr

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

it is sad he lost a ad contract...

but not to worry..

there wont be ANY,, NFL this year....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is a disturbing sign of the times we live in, where questioning the government, and having independent opinions is no longer "American".

This is also a clear indication that the large corporations and the government are more or less on and the same.

This is the halmark of a fascist system, government and the corporate world merged in their purpose, each primarily existing to prop up and protect the other.

Hopefully Menderhall will use his celebrity to promote a boycott of this company now, which was a powerful remedy back when Americans used to value free speech and standing united against those who would attack it.

This is an attack on free speech.

The media didn't waste any time making every bit of mileage they could off of Pat Tillman resigning from the NFL to go to Afghanistan in the wake of 9-11.

So for those of you who think celebrity doesn't matter and is not relevant it most certainly is, when it can benefit the government.

Did Menderhalls statements hurt his corporate sponsor? No they were aimed at the government.

This is a form of censorship that the American public is not well served tolerating regardless of which side of the issue at hand that led to his statements you are on.

Americans should boycott this company.

It's our only remedy against corporate and government censorship and persecution.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11dead1
professional athletes should not be giving there two cents on twitter and facebook

Why not? Since when are they lower class citizens? Since when does playing professional sports means you give up your first amendment rights?

People should boycott whatever third world sweat shop factory is behind this decision
edit on 6-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Oops, looks like Champion has just lost some business.
Bad business to stomp a person for voicing opinion, but hey thats how the ball crumbles.
I will make sure not to buy Champion or endorse any market they may be in.
Bad business to get into politics is what got the player fired, it's also what has lost said company much business.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I agree. No more Champion products from me. Of course, don't think I ever really bought any before anyways.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You really nailed it on the head.
Thanks for the reply!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There is an existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join