It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anyway to find out how People's Bank of China works?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm curious to know if People's Bank of China is owned by foreign banking establishments (like how the FED is). Obviously they're supposed to be owned by the state government (owning their own debts) which in turn we cannot find out what is really behind the covers but I hope somebody here has some knowledge about the topic.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Banking system in China

Other then that , I would be very interested to hear what others have to say

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I have not the slightest idea of how most banks work.
But may I ask if you are looking into foreign currencies?
And if so why?
Just curious is all, there is a lot of hype about the dollar crashing, and I have a plan.
The only thing i owe on is a busted up broken house and the bank will have to accept US Dollars whether they are worth something or less than toilet paper.
After the cash crash, i intend on trading goods for US Dollars for what would be pennies on the dollar or less.
I will then pay off in full my mortgage in said toilet paper, as my note states US Dollars, not any other currency.
Hope it helps.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
From a Google search:

People's Bank of China

investing.businessweek.com...

Note: There are two pages, and plenty of information there to get you started including names,
board relationships, affiliations, ages, etc.

Just some of the data located:

Key developments for People's Bank of China

People's Bank of China Presents at 8th Annual China Nickel Conference, May-18-2011 09:10 AM
03/25/2011

People's Bank of China Presents at 8th Annual China Nickel Conference, May-18-2011 09:10 AM. Venue: Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences, Pudong, China. Speakers: Liang Meng, Economist.

People's Bank of China Presents at Asia Economic Crime & Legal Exchange Platforms, Mar-10-2011 04:30 PM
12/16/2010

People's Bank of China Presents at Asia Economic Crime & Legal Exchange Platforms, Mar-10-2011 04:30 PM. Venue: Shanghai, Shanghai Province, China. Speakers: Shi YongYan, Research Director ,General Office, Anti Money Laundering Bureau.

People's Bank of China Presents at DB Access China Conference 2011, Jan-10-2011 03:00 PM
12/13/2010

People's Bank of China Presents at DB Access China Conference 2011, Jan-10-2011 03:00 PM. Venue: Grand Hyatt Hotel, Beijing, 1 East Chang An Avenue, Beijing 100738, China. Speakers: Zhang Tao, Director International Department.

KEY EXECUTIVES FOR People's Bank of China*

Zhou Xiaochuan 100 Relationships Governor and Head of Monetary Policy Committee 62
Wang Hongzhang No Relationships Chief Disciplinary Officer 56
Du Jinfu 5 Relationships Director General of Human Resource Department and Deputy Governor 56
Xuan Changneng No Relationships Head of the Financial Stability Bureau --
Chi-Kwong Yam 170 Relationships Adviser

edit on 5/6/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Banking system in China

Other then that , I would be very interested to hear what others have to say

Thanks for the link, I skimmed it for relevant details and found in the NOTES section, it says:

"The four big state owned commercial banks are 100 percent owned by the central government. All other banks, with the exception of Minsheng Bank, are jointly owned by central and local governments and SOE (state owned enterprise) conglomerates"

Also:

"PRIVATIZATION
Privatization of the four state-owned banks does not seem to be a realistic option because the quality of their assets is very poor and massive rehabilitation will be required before privatization. Since asset re-structuring and rehabilitation will take substantial time, privatization does not seem to be on the immediate agenda. Once substantial progress has been achieved in bank and SOE restructuring, the Government may start selling its bank share in the capital market and reduce its ownership gradually."

It appears that we can assume that the banking system has not been compromised by foreign entities (but I am still a bit skeptical about that). Based on this info alone, in terms of a global order/power controlling interests in China, it doesn't seem to exist. Could the PRC be devoid of foreign corruption?

I hope this topic gets more interest and more people can jump in and discuss together.

With that said

top topics

join