It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of the Arrest of Ahmadinejad's 'Exorcist' Fuel Concerns About Iran's Leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I only post this article from Fox for the reasons of the spin on this is interesting.

Here is the lead to the article (IMO - the most interesting part):

After mysterious man arrested, some concerned that Ahmadinejad will destabilize world to fulfill beliefs

Abbas Ghaffari, described as Ahmadinejad’s “exorcist” or “jinn (genie) catcher” is reportedly among a number of people in Ahmadinejad’s circle who have been arrested lately, amid reports of continuing strains between the president and Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. As is typical in Iran, details on the timing and specific charges behind the arrests are somewhat murky.

It’s also not clear from what or whom Ghaffari was protecting the president, and what he may have been doing to accomplish that aim. What does is clearer is that a particular target in the arrests is Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, the president’s right-hand man, who has been marginalized more recently by Khamenei. Most of the arrests are said to be Mashaei associates within Ahmadinejad’s inner circle.

In a fiery speech Tuesday in the Iranian holy city of Qom, Mojtaba Zolnour, Khamenei’s representative in the Revolutionary Guard, said he asked Ahmadinejad: “What do you see in this Mashaei, other than links to exorcists, soothsayers and fortune tellers? … They come and gurgle on about his prophecies, and Mr. Ahmadinejad thinks he has divine knowledge.”

I'm having a really hard time grasping the whole story here. While I realize there is plenty of reason to be wary of Iran and their actions, I feel like the media is working to make this man and the nation appear far more unstable than reality. However, I cannot say for sure.

Source

edit on 5/6/2011 by freakjive because: grammar

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Of course they are trying to use propaganda to make Iran look crazier and more unstable than it is. There is an agenda to keep nukes in the hands of as few nations as possible. If they make them look crazy they have an excuse to use force with that aim in mind. Simple really. (Oil may also have something to do with this.)

That isn't to say keeping nuclear powers to a minimum doesn't make sense. That depends on your opinion.

new topics

join