It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it's really safe, then why does the Obama family avoid Monsanto foods?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So tired from being out all day working my organic farm, but wanted to support this thread.

Thumbs up to you for bringing this forward and taking the time to shed light on some pretty interesting facts in the OP, wow. Ridiculous.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Originally posted by TheTruthSeeker1996

Originally posted by Mikeyy
This is news to me.. I'm annoyed that everything is abbreviated... what is GMO? i gotta google all this now.

Good read though. S&F

It's good practice to fully write out a term for refrence, then abbreviate it the rest of the way.

G.M.O: Genetically Modified Organism

Now think, does that really sound like something you'd like to eat? (this question is directed towards everyone, not just you.
)

No chance in hell, but from the sounds of it, us people stateside arent being told whats what. I don't really eat produce though anyway, so im sure I'm ok. and the only meat they sell at my grocery store is USDA or Above. Choice and below isnt even an option.

Most GMO stuff is in the 'processed' food stuff you likely eat if you dont eat produce. Produce overall is a safer choice since they havent gottne around to modifying a lot of that. The nasty stuff is still mostly in corn and soy products - which is what is used to make all the franken foods.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
the haitian donation wa highly toxic it hadhuge amounts of chemical onoit and required special handeling

monsanto is the [snip] devil...... a cancer on the world
edit on 8/5/11 by masqua because: censor circumvention removed

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

Originally posted by burntheships

At least you guys have something to eat.

If you don't like it, then give it to the 3 billion others than can't get enough to eat.

But see thats the way they want us to think.

However the reality is that food shortages have only been made worse by GMO crops.

Do you even know when GMO were first introduced into the food chain?

It really does not cost more for non GMO seeds, well at least it did not used to.

Growing things "organically" is inefficient and will never feed everyone on earth unless we all started farming.

There is a huge difference between GMO and non GMO.

Organic is another matter/subject entirely.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by burntheships

plus we have enough rice and grains to feed the world times over... its just that people can't pay for it.
there is no food shortage, just greedy people

Yes, that I agee with. And how sick is it that rich corporations who create GMO seeds
rake in the dough off of patents - Monsanto - No Food Shall Be Grown That We Dont Own

Monsanto, the same greedy corporation that sent GMO to foreign lands where they burned the GMO
seed gift as they knew it was a Trojan Horse.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Because it is not safe

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Organic =/ non-GMO

Most of the seeds you buy in the store are GMO. You can grow them organically, but that doesn't mean they aren't modified.

To get non-GMO you must shop for "old" seeds from guaranteed pre-GMO days. They're hard to find & expensive.

I had a doctor tell me that today you would have to eat 50 peaches to get the same number of vitamins as ONE 1950s-era peach. It's isn't just GM - it's also over-production on the soil. But the modifications that make your peach pretty and large, also make it less healthy.

You want another challenge? Try finding garlic that WASN'T grown in China. I haven't been able to for years.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

www.millernurseries.com...

You can purchase some garlic bulbs from this company. They will send you them in the fall when it's time for planting them. Next year you will have lots of garlic. I prefer the red German garlic.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etherea1

Growing things "organically" is inefficient and will never feed everyone on earth unless we all started farming.

how have humans been surviving for thousands of years then?

Before populations were very low.

Hunting and gathering sustained families without problems because resources were abundant.

We have made many species of animals extinct due to tragedy of the commons.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Schkeptick

www.millernurseries.com...

You can purchase some garlic bulbs from this company. They will send you them in the fall when it's time for planting them. Next year you will have lots of garlic. I prefer the red German garlic.

Nice. I will check them out. They sell non-GMO seeds/bulbs?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I think I am going to try my own garden or something. I have been cutting back on eating because most of the foods I seem to buy at the grocery store just make me lose my appetite. So I have been eating mostly fish(yeah I know, we must choose which poison to take).

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Curious to learn if anyone has come across a way to totally avoid GMO food's or way finding lists to totally TRUE organic foods (pure) that can be purchased? Is the answer seeds and growing your own vegetables or is that totally impossible at this time. since this topic is over 2 years old from what I could find. It seems too much info to dredge through and I thought I would just ask rather than sift through the posts.....if someone doesn't mind cutting to the chase for me. THX in advance.

L & L

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I believe this thread deserves a bump. So, I am bumping!

The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has released a report that shows that pancreatic cancer will move from the fourth to the second leading cause of cancer death in the U.S. by 2020, and possibly as early as 2015.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Do not tell this to the GMOs supporters because they will ask for the "prof" after all their excuse is that we eat too many fries and burgers

it has nothing to do with GMOs.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I believe this thread deserves a bump. So here's the bump.

The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has released a report that shows that pancreatic cancer will move from the fourth to the second leading cause of cancer death in the U.S. by 2020, and possibly as early as 2015.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has released a special report called, The Alarming Rise of Pancreatic Cancer Deaths in the United States: Why We Need to Stem the Tide Today. This report was written by the organization's Research and Scientific Affairs team, led by our Vice President of Scientific and Medical Affairs Lynn Matrisian, PhD.

The alarming findings presented in the report include the fact that by the year 2020, and possibly as early as 2015, pancreatic cancer will move from the fourth leading cause of cancer death to the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States.

edit on 14-6-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
And here is yet another study

''September 17, 2009

SAN DIEGO, Sept. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to continue to deliver on its vision of a world without breast cancer, Susan G. Komen for the Cure,((R) )San Diego conducted an in-depth, county-wide research and community needs assessment to identify disparities in breast cancer across populations. Komen San Diego conducts a Community Profile every two years to ensure its programs are meeting the breast health services needs in San Diego County. This recent report unveiled important data that will guide the Affiliate's strategic activities as it looks to close gaps and ensure equal care, education, treatment and resources to all populations in the county.

"This is the first-ever in-depth study on breast cancer completed in San Diego County. While some of the statistics are alarming, we feel empowered by the data, which has helped us identify the populations most in need of breast health services and identify gaps in services that must be reduced to improve breast health among members of our community," said Laura Farmer Sherman, executive director of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, San Diego. "We now know where the needs are, and we can pursue opportunities to fill those needs, establish granting priorities, focus our education needs, and drive public policy with a clear direction and strategy to make a bigger impact where it's needed."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join