It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it's really safe, then why does the Obama family avoid Monsanto foods?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

While I agree that GMO is terrible and Monsanto is one of the most corrupt corporations on our planet, this logic isn't reasonable...

Lets just say Obama abstained from alcohol by choice. Could anti-liquor people say "if liquors so safe, why doesn't Obama drink it?"
What about flying? The President only uses Air Force One and Two.. well, "If the public airlines are so safe, why doesn't Obama use them?"
See where I'm going?

Organic food is the choice for smart Americans. Food Sovereignty is a choice for even smarter Americans. But for everyone else, there's Monsanto.
Should they be eliminated? yeah. You shouldn't need to be smart to eat food that doesn't kill you... but this "if its so safe why don't they eat it" argument just doesn't cut it. The science should.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
At least you guys have something to eat.

If you don't like it, then give it to the 3 billion others than can't get enough to eat.

But see thats the way they want us to think.

However the reality is that food shortages have only been made worse by GMO crops.

Do you even know when GMO were first introduced into the food chain?

It really does not cost more for non GMO seeds, well at least it did not used to.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

plus we have enough rice and grains to feed the world times over... its just that people can't pay for it.
there is no food shortage, just greedy people

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OP I'm absolutely glad you posted the above topic because I recall seeing , I think on 20/20 almost ten years ago, the exposing of the then ADM (Archer-Daniels Midland) CEO and how he had large organic greenhouses at each of his mansions which grew produce for his consumption year round. The funny thing is they can't make a booby trap for someone else without they (to include their families) getting caught up in that same trap. So let them modify the food supply for the masses that same modification will find its way into their food supply.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 7-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Man has always cross breed species of plants and animals to get the best yields from them. I don't believe scientists are to be blamed for trying to make something better and researching the out comes.

It's when you get someone who is greedy or thinks hey this power point slide is great why don't we give these food out to people. Why are we waiting so long? (employee tells the boss why, boss gets angry, employee gets fired for telling the boss he can't sell it yet, employee vanishes.)

I think GMO foods are not going to be an issue when they create radiation resistant foods. Or plants that grow in radiation/low light/low oxi. environments. (quick way to terraform a planet.) Maybe even make GMO foods that change the gentic structure of man to become smarter, faster, stronger.

We are what we eat right. Right now we are eating beef pumped full of hormones, sea food filled with mercury and other pollutants, soil covered in radiation fall out in which our crops grow. Not to mention a hundred and one other things that we don't even know. Besides we are all ready pumped full of pharma. and inoculations. What else could they do to us. Man will adapt and survive.

As for me I will try to keep eating healthy until GMO's are safe to consume.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What's funny is...

The White House can NEVER have an organic garden because at one point humanure and sewer sludge had been used.

Source: www.dailyfinance.com...

edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Really excellent work OP. This is the kind of material that people need to be made aware of and if they are aware they need to be reminded. It is amazing how when an entity becomes powerful and enriched, it seems like they will do anything to maintain dominance and further enrich themselves - even if it means misusing science to create things like frankenfood.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If you don't like it, then give it to the 3 billion others than can't get enough to eat.

This is a key element of the argument... the crux of the matter is that monsanto et al are finding ways to exploit a viable market.... feeding the world...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think I'll reply to several at once without quoting.

First, Genetically modifying food sources will not help with world hunger. The Countries with the most money and influence will be able to purchase their share of the food supply....Have you ever been able to go into a McDonalds and get a burger on your good looks or a voucher? Also, when we pay farmers not to farm their land I think you can see that the PTB have no interest in humanitarian causes when you get to nuts and bolts of it. Yes, they put on a show but the corruption ensures that their pockets fatten while the starving people continue their strife.

Second, if Obama chooses to not eat GMO'd food that is his choice but the point is that this situation could escalate to the point that the only ones with a choice will be the upper elite. If you think thats a stretch research Meseca and the dominance in the Masa market in Mexico. I have recently uncovered this tidbit in my new found corn tortilla love.

Finally, yes man has manipulated plants by cross breeding to maximize yield and to produce varieties that are more hardy and disease tolerant but the process of natural selection has determined what strains were viable and what ones were not. I just have one question and that is; Can anyone honestly say that they want to eat the fruit of a plant that produces pesticide from the direct result of a lab manipulating chromosomes? Maybe wash it down with some brake fluid or something. YES SARCASM!

I once read that the United States of America could feed the entire population of the world by just utilizing the median strips between opposing lanes on highways as farm ground......now you tell me what the governments intentions are!
edit on 7-5-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Zippidee because: cause i can't spell

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

But see thats the way they want us to think.

However the reality is that food shortages have only been made worse by GMO crops.

Do you even know when GMO were first introduced into the food chain?

It really does not cost more for non GMO seeds, well at least it did not used to.

Growing things "organically" is inefficient and will never feed everyone on earth unless we all started farming.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The single best thing any of us can do for our health, and self sufficiency in case of emergency, is to grow our own garden. You can be incredibly productive in a tiny space, or even on an apartment terrace. A quick Google search will bring up a zillion hits on how to do it. Food will be a more valuable assest to trade with than gold.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Growing things "organically" is inefficient and will never feed everyone on earth unless we all started farming.

how have humans been surviving for thousands of years then?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
the answer is simple, its because obama practices the 'do as i say not as i do' policy.

when the hell are we going to see this kinda stuff on the news? NEVER

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The alternative media community is already ahead of the curve in terms indentifying these foods as a danger and avoiding them. We need to compile an FAQ/How-To guide on how to avoid this poison. We can survive this.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is news to me.. I'm annoyed that everything is abbreviated... what is GMO? i gotta google all this now.

Good read though. S&F

It's good practice to fully write out a term for refrence, then abbreviate it the rest of the way.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy
This is news to me.. I'm annoyed that everything is abbreviated... what is GMO? i gotta google all this now.

Good read though. S&F

It's good practice to fully write out a term for refrence, then abbreviate it the rest of the way.

G.M.O: Genetically Modified Organism

Now think, does that really sound like something you'd like to eat? (this question is directed towards everyone, not just you.
)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

While I agree that GMO is terrible and Monsanto is one of the most corrupt corporations on our planet, this logic isn't reasonable...

Lets just say Obama abstained from alcohol by choice. Could anti-liquor people say "if liquors so safe, why doesn't Obama drink it?"
What about flying? The President only uses Air Force One and Two.. well, "If the public airlines are so safe, why doesn't Obama use them?"
See where I'm going?

edit on 7-5-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

What??? (scratch head)

Obama is chief executive officer and presides over the FDA.

One function of the FDA is to oversee the safety of the nation's food supply.

If GMO's are dangerous to the health of Americans then it is his responsbility to at least insist the FDA take a look at the issue.

Not eating GMO's and instead opting for organic implies that he is aware that there may be issues.

It is completely illogical to attempt to equate a choice not to drink alcohol or flying Air Force One.to failing to administer his dutues.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthSeeker1996

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Good read though. S&F

G.M.O: Genetically Modified Organism

Now think, does that really sound like something you'd like to eat? (this question is directed towards everyone, not just you.
)

No chance in hell, but from the sounds of it, us people stateside arent being told whats what. I don't really eat produce though anyway, so im sure I'm ok. and the only meat they sell at my grocery store is USDA or Above. Choice and below isnt even an option.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Food-manufacturers will genetically modify organisms in order to change speed of growth. Cancer is a group of diseases characterized by cells displaying uncontrolled growth. It is not that hard to connect the dots here. There are studies linking cancer to GMO's, but some are censored by huge corporations because of our current legal system.

The big problem now, is how to avoid GMO's. Much of corn and soy are being polluted by default by GMO's. More and more consumers are waking up to the fact that it's better to eat organic food then it's industrial counterparts. And it is getting more and more important every day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join