It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it's really safe, then why does the Obama family avoid Monsanto foods?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ATS user lowgo who's father is a farmer in one of the areas stricken by flooding along the Mississippi River mentions Monsanto and makes some very interesting points. Her statements while maybe not intending to just reaffirms my urgent feeling of needing to take a stand. Read her posts in the thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We are quickly approaching the point of no return on this issue. Don't just be informed, do something about it.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Never fear my friends, just pray before you eat.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
what worries me most about these gmo foods, is this stuff is already in our environment growing and it is not how nature intended, could these frankenstein plants eventually spread like a disease and wipe out the original plants on our planet? do they affect nature for example the honey bees?
they apparently have in built pesticides.. well if insects wont touch this stuff, that should be telling us all something..

so if i want to avoid these foods, should i only buy organic products? are organic products definitely gmo free?
do we know or have any cases of why this stuff is not good for humans? or are they just theories at this stage?

Well, the plot is a two fold attack. You see, not only is the GM'd a compromize to your health but the cross pollination of non GM'd food enables Monsanto to capatilize on the entire food sources of the world eventually.
I'm sure that in the future there will be a bill passed that will mandate genetic testing of your backyard garden varieties and guess what? Your veggies will show Monsanto gentics because of cross pollination and the Big Bad Ag firm will be able to say that you are growing and harvesting their product while you thought you were growing generations old heirlooms. Well here comes the fines, penalties and growing taxes levied on your organic garden that turns out to be just as poison as the Frakencrops! Unless you garden in a climate controlled, air filtered green house with state of the art controls for detecting rogue pollen, you will have to conform! Don't think it could get this far out of hand? Do some digging you will be horrified!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Good work my freind!

Thanks for posting that, I have searched a couple of times with no luck.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Write to the Obama's, write your senator, your congressperson and demand it be done away with.

What country are YOU living in??
Scratch that....What PLANET are you living on???

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Here are the fulltexts for 2 articles.

Foe fights new wave of agriculture on many fronts /4RuR4BHb

Labels not required to reveal all /RWcH3Exm

The context -

(...)

Now as the first gene-altered food nears the supermarket this year, the FDA is beginning to rethink that policy. The outcome could determine if these new foods find a place on America's dinner tables or are abandoned by the agribusiness companies developing them.

"Labeling is the key issue," said Norman Braksick , president of the Asgrow Seed Co. "If you put a label on a genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it. " It would be a tragedy to drive people away from designer foods that might actually be cheaper or healthier than normal food, contends the biotech industry, which has sunk billions into research.

But many Americans, not satisfied with FDA's assurances that biotech foods are safe, want to make their own choices on what to eat. And they want labels.

(...)

edit on 7-5-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We are the guinee pigs,thats why they avoid it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Why does Michelle Obama think the cure for childhood obesity is PLAYING?!?!?! It's not (1). And don't forget that researchers have recently found that children remain active UNTIL they become corpulent, suggesting that inactivity is an effect of obesity, not the cause.

Anyways...point is, we shouldn't follow in the footsteps of leaders simply because they are leaders. Sometimes they can be wrong
(and when talking about nutrition and exercise science...most times they are wrong)
edit on 7-5-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Someone should buy some GMO's, become a chef at Monsanto's leader's houses and serve it to them. Make it taste really good and when they ask what the ingredient is... say "Well I decided to show you how awesome your advanced scientific breed of plants are, so I served you only your own Genetically Modified Foods. After all the science you've done; I feel that I myself am going to go eat my own tray too
See you in a bit"

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I sit here now looking at my pop-tarts...... then to my back yard garden........ thinking "Well at least I only ate half of the pop tarts!"

We are changing our grocery list around, thanks for the heads up!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Im guessing the presidential family can afford real food

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think it's time for the modern day witch hunt

Lets burn those evil bastards

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
as for the osama/obama family,they have been promised they will be "taken care of" in return for their 8 years of "service" to the government(want to bet he wont be reelected?)....as the bushes have been....and the klintons.....ever hear from chelsea?......you can believe what you want but if you watch the trends and see what happens to who,you will get the idea pretty quick

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As I read this thread, I found myself asking, "How to know what food I buy is GMO/Non GMO?"

So after a little looking, I found a printable guide you can take to the store with you to help make more informed choices.

I also have noticed that I will need to go through my pantry and toss a BUNCH of stuff!

I hope this info helps others who, like myself are just now becoming informed about this soooo important issue.

NON GMO Shopper's Guide

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If it's really safe, then why does the Obama family avoid Monsanto foods?

Maybe they eat a lot of bananas from the Banana Republic?

Its cheaper to eat bad, expensive to eat well, so I don't drive a huge SUV gas guzzler down to the grocery store (instead of hauling livestock on the farm with that unnecessary waste of testosterone supplement ego boost) to buy $50.00 cuts of meat from the butcher counter.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the read, I ended up digging up as much as I could related to this company. and stumbled upon the death of Smedley Butler, who was a major general of our Marines during the early 1900s.

In 1934 he was involved in a controversy known as the Business Plot when he told a congressional committee that a group of wealthy industrialists had approached him to lead a military coup to overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt. The individuals that were involved denied the existence of a plot, and the media ridiculed the allegations. The final report of the committee stated that there was evidence that such a plot existed, but no charges were ever filed. The opinion of most historians is that while planning for a coup was not very advanced, wild schemes were discussed. Butler continued his speaking engagements in an extended tour but in June 1940 checked himself into a naval hospital, dying a few weeks later from what was believed to be cancer. He was buried at Oaklands Cemetery in West Chester, Pennsylvania; his home has been maintained as a memorial and contains memorabilia collected during his various careers.

So he exposed a plot against Roosevelt, and died weeks later?...hm

In June 1940, Butler checked himself into the hospital after becoming sick a few weeks earlier. His doctor described his illness as an incurable condition of the upper gastro-intestinal tract that was probably cancer. His family remained by his side, even bringing his new car so he could see it from the window. He never had a chance to drive it. On June 21, 1940, Smedley Butler died in the Naval Hospital in Philadelphia.[64] The funeral was held at his home, attended by friends and family as well as several politicians, members of the Philadelphia police force and officers of the Marine Corps.[65] He was buried at Oaklands Cemetery in West Chester, Pennsylvania.[66] Since his death in 1940, his family has maintained his home as it was when he died, including a large amount of memorabilia he had collected throughout his varied career.[65]

Sorry for kinda going off track, I just wanted to show that these companies have no problem silencing people that apposed them.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think this pic says it all

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

What if everyone in the country(well at least enough) people to not go to work for a week in the US? Hmmm I wonder what will happen....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So what I get from this thread is that everyone hates the elites... but it's ok to eat like them?

Come on!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
At least you guys have something to eat.

If you don't like it, then give it to the 3 billion others than can't get enough to eat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join