It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Considers Exit from Euro Zone - Athens Mulls Plans for New Currency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Greece NEVER considered exiting the Euro Zone. We just have a very hard time fetting out of the mess, Goldman Sachs and others put us in. They turned us into guinea pig and now they proceed with their plan on other countries.

We were born free and free we'll die!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Greece NEVER considered exiting the Euro Zone. We just have a very hard time fetting out of the mess, Goldman Sachs and others put us in. They turned us into guinea pig and now they proceed with their plan on other countries.

It is time you Greeks start taking responsibility. Decades of poor governing is the primary reason that your country ended up in the current situation. I've seen Greeks blaming the EU, Goldman Sachs (which does play a role in this situation), but I don't see them blaming themselves and taking responsibility.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

It is time you Greeks start taking responsibility. Decades of poor governing is the primary reason that your country ended up in the current situation. I've seen Greeks blaming the EU, Goldman Sachs (which does play a role in this situation), but I don't see them blaming themselves and taking responsibility.

Tale responsibility for what? I didn't take 300 billion nor did any other greek. Some politicians were the puppets of companies like Goldman Sachs, Siemens etc. So why should I pay for this? To hell with all the corrupt bastards and everybody who gained from this.

And as for the germans, Greece is paying 600 million interest to Germany. So before saying whatever, let them pay us what they owe us from WW2, which is way more!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Greece is not considering exiting the Euro zone, the greek government might be considering this, but they say nothing.
They keep this a very well guarded secret and keep saying one lie after the other. There is even an active trial on hold against this government for betrayal of the country. As far as responsibility that Greeks need to take, well, that's a whole other story, cause, to cut a long story short, one government after the other kept lying to the people, stealing their money, and letting them live poorly. Now the situation is getting worse and worse and things are getting agitated. There is a lot of anger towards the governments... Maybe I should write an indipendent article for ATS concerning the situation in Greece, as an average Greek thinks about it. It's not about pride or taking responsibility, it's all about being deceived, and then asked to pay the debt that someone else (the past governments) created, with scandals and stolen money. But then again, you wouldn't know how things are here, because this would never be mainstream news...
edit on 7-5-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Tale responsibility for what? I didn't take 300 billion nor did any other greek. Some politicians were the puppets of companies like Goldman Sachs, Siemens etc. So why should I pay for this? To hell with all the corrupt bastards and everybody who gained from this.

Are you now saying that the huge deficits of your country are all to blame on foreign MNCs? Like I said, decades of mismanagement is the reason that you ended up in a dire situation like this. Should you have had the economy in order, you wouldn't haven fallen victim of MNCs and hedgefunds taking advantage of the situation that you, the Greek people brought upon yourselves. In the end it's not countries like Germany, the Netherlands and Austria that are in such a situation. Why? Because they have structures in place to deal with corruption, because it is their governments that worked hard to build a solid economy.

Your politicians haven proven to be incapable to run the country, your leaders have shown to be corrupt and now you can blame whomever you want, the fact remains all these decades you have allowed it to happen. Blaming the EU, MNCs and all the others without looking in the mirror is rather sad.

And as for the germans, Greece is paying 600 million interest to Germany. So before saying whatever, let them pay us what they owe us from WW2, which is way more!

I'm not sure whether you are pointing out Germany exclusively, as your country owes a huge load of money to pretty much every EU state, but Germany does pay its dues. As a matter of fact, they only recently settled all their debts for World War I. They have a long time to go to pay their World War II dues. Difference is, they are taking responsibility as well as the blame. In contrast, I see you again blaming others.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

The truth should be said and said loud. The politicians through corrupt methods managed to siphon billions over a 30 year period and with the blessing of its citizens. Over and over i have heard how many people would turn to politicians to find a job for their son's , daughters and other members of the family. All these small but over time destructive methods of doing business has brought about its current situation. The citizens themselves are now beginning to realize the level of corruption within its political system. The current Prime Minister has suddenly made everything apparent to its citizens with the tool called the I.M.F.. Suddenly its citizens and former hard core politically orientated citizens are realizing that the former political institutions that governed the nation over decades were doing nothing but siphoning billions under the common and over rated term "democracy".

Its internal economy has literally come to a stand still. The average salary per month is that of about 700 euro, were it once was over 1200. To give you a small indication based on what i am aware of , utilities such the state run "electrical power organization" has stopped disconnecting customers for lack of payment due to the fact that its citizens do not have the means to pay the bill's. It is a tragic scene and anyone not living within that nation or doing business cannot begin to comprehend how extreme the situation is. To highlight the citizens disgust, politicians avoid moving about in public amongst their citizens for fear of attack from them as it has repeatedly happened, not by an organized group, but simply by normal citizens like you and myself who are fed and disgusted and refuse to listen to anyone anymore.

What you and myself and everyone is reading over the net or listening to bankers or financial institutions is the fact that its really upto its citizens as to if they are going to stay within the e.u. Its a common to hear the majority of citizens openly saying that the day they entered the euro without them being allowed to vote was they day the countries economy and sovereignty died. In short, the euro is very scared as if greece or should i say, its citizens begin to mobilize and exit the euro regardless of its bankers or what nations holds how many bonds will create a domino situations that will bring other supposed strong euro supporters following in their steps. In short, the euro would dissolve. This is why you are seeing or hearing or reading the hardcore of financial institutions within euro openly saying that that euro is strong and there is no concern regarding greece.

As it stands, the billions that have been given to greece and the austerity guidelines being imposed or agreed simply will not allow greeces internal economy to bloom for at least another 8-15 years. By bloom i am not saying to pay back the loan as the amount cannot be paid back with those measures imposed. On a weekly basis, new taxes and taxes upon taxes are being imposed on everything that walks, talks or simply is static. The Prime Minister has no other option but to either listen to its citizens and before it agrees to its pressure its citizens must realize that if they do exit the euro, then sure it will become highly attractive as its devaluation would be ideal for tourism as that is one of it export industries to the world, however, on the hand, it would create a ripple that i doubt its citizens can even begin to comprehend. The sad part of all this, is that they have not even begun to export their mineral resources, nations such as china , u.s. russia, nor, france, germany know all to well. This explains why the new loan being offered requires that ownership for a set time of its natural resources be handed over. But keep in mind, this nation is thousand's of years old, its culture and history always refers to its struggle to remain free and ends up doing so, having said that, its simply an inbuilt mechanism to the core of its citizens that they would rather die fighting for what they believe than remain enslaved.

This is also depicted on their national flag. its simply encrypted into the horizontal lines. Counting the horizontal blue and white lines translated into english mean's Freedom or Death. So all this radical news being spread and speculations and the quick reaction in an emergency meeting in luxembourg are not random but very very important to see how and at what level of damage control needs to be applied. Make no mistake if greece chooses to exit the euro zone, then its more than likely that euro would not exist beyond a decade as other euro zone nations would follow.

my brief internal report.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Given that S&P has once again downgraded Greece's ratings from B to BB-, it is a representation of what my previous post was about before S&P made its rating known to the public.

Rand Weakens as S&P Cuts Greece's Credit Rating Two Steps, Bonds, Advance

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join