It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Considers Exit from Euro Zone - Athens Mulls Plans for New Currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Greece Considers Exit from Euro Zone - Athens Mulls Plans for New Currency

www.spiegel.de

The debt crisis in Greece has taken on a dramatic new twist. Sources with information about the government's actions have informed SPIEGEL ONLINE that Athens is considering withdrawing from the euro zone. The common currency area's finance ministers and representatives of the European Commission are holding a secret crisis meeting in Luxembourg on Friday night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Greece is planning on possibly leaving the European Union and reinstating its own currency. This is huge news and could be very dangerous for Greece so we have to keep an eye on them as a community. The EU and other unions of its type are agents of globalization and the fact that Greece has recognized its folly is great for us here in America as we fight off the Amero.

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
How will changing their currency effect the bailouts they owe the EU I wonder. Can anyone give me some insight into that issue.
edit on 6-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: Fixing Spelling

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

I am not the right person to answer but....

Depends on what it's backed by and how many of these new bills are printed .

As far as what it would mean to there debt , well it depends. They could devalue there new currency as a means to increase more trade there buy increasing investment . This devalued currency might even equal a lower pay level for it's workers , there buy drawing investment to form a manufacturing base within the country . Tis would equate to more taxes payed buy there population .
edit on 6-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Thank you. On a side note, as i stared you, you lengthened your explanation.. would double star if i could..lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
At a midnight oil crisis meeting between the Greek Minister's , European Officials and members from the I.M.F. at around 3 hrs ago made a public statement saying that the magazine Spiel has reported a false article that has no foundation. Obviously when the article went online, major hot lines were set ablaze. Its interesting to see how this will develop.

The article in question

www.spiegel.de...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Good work cyber sleuth.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Iceland told the bankster fraudsters to stick it where the sun doesn't shine . Good for Greece if they do the same . Default on the EuroZone gangsters and bring back their own currency . The people of Greece have been forced to their knees to pay off the shylocks with the economy , wages , job security and pensions all but destroyed as the loan sharks of the EuroZone loot them . The best way to fight crime is to shoot back .

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

What they should do is put Alexander the Great on one of the bills and king Leonidas on another . Talk about a great way to inspire there people

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

If memory serves me right, didn't Iceland put some banksters in jail? Although apparently the UK taking Iceland to Court over bailout.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws."

www.trade2win.com...

Amschel Rothchild's plan is still in action obviously. I am just glad that Greece is finally waking up to reality. Is it too late? Time will tell.
edit on 6-5-2011 by LuxFestinus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hmm, Greece leaving the EU and going with it's own currency. Could this possibly be influenced by China's bailout to Greece?

Who's next to leave the EU? Spain?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Funny you mention Spain , if memory serves , I believe Spanish was another EU country that China was going to invest heavily into .

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LuxFestinus

Its not his plan.

His and Cecil Rhodes plan for a British Federation of Nations went down the toilet after WW2. The Roosevelts, Morgans and Rockefellers had their own plans.
edit on 6/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: a

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Is it bad my first thought was "I wonder what this will do to gold and silver"?

Well it's about time we dealt a blow to the NWO. They won't get all of us!
edit on 6-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

"The currency conversion would lead to capital flight," they write.

answered my own question. Will this cause a flight to the U.S. dollar? or Gold and silver?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
After reading the wikileaks about a "nuclear-hellstorm" coming after the death or capture of Bin Laden this news kind of worries me. This is certainly a big blow to the NWO but information has been released stating that a nuclear bomb is hidden somewhere within Europe. All the pieces are in place for a retaliation against Greece if they choose to leave the EU so wish them the best everyone, rough times are up ahead for every country.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Ireland.... Dear God let it be Ireland...
And while we're at it put them bankers in prison! They all retired with bonuses and pensions and bailout from the gov which collapsed our ecomony.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ain't gonna happen. Should they decide to reinstate the drachma, confidence among investors would fall very rapidly. Interest rates would skyrocket, the drachma would cause hyperinflation.

Not a viable option at all and Greece knows it. The Euro is the only thing that keeps the country from failing. Removing that wall of defense and they are done. In no time, they would beg on their knees to get back into the Euro. Moreover, I don't think that the people of Europe would really appreciate such a move. We haven't invested (thrown away) more than EUR150 billion for them to eventually dig their own grave.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
Is it bad my first thought was "I wonder what this will do to gold and silver"?

Well it's about time we dealt a blow to the NWO. They won't get all of us!
edit on 6-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

Is it bad that my first though was cheaper holidays in Greece. I think controlling their own currency is essential in bringing back tourists to their country. It's a great holiday destination, but when you dont get a good exchange rate on the Euro, European holidays are less attractive

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join