It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl takes brutal revenge, watched by classmates with cameras

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
These bullied kids need to fight back. If that girl slugged the other girl a few times, it would probably be different. But I remember I was bullied in school, and I never fought back, which I blame on my parents and raising, to not have the balls to punch the other guy. If I could go back in time, it'd been different.

But Russia went straight to the crapper once Stalin died. He was what made Russia great, when it was great.
Little kids should not be unsupervised, and they should not be allowed to have cameras either.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

What was so great about purging tens of millions of people? Or living in an extreme fascist dictatorship?

I think the worst thing about the situation is how it reflects the increasing isolation of humans from one another and our true nature. I.e. instead of helping each other out, many people would rather capture an event on video so that they can upload it to youtube and receive as many hits/comments as possible. I believe that it is representative of the ever-increasing emphasis that humans are placing on their egos, encouraged by certain technological mediums and hence increasing exposure to negative values.

Asides from my family, I can count my true friends on one hand (probably not even using all 5 fingers) - those who would never judge me no matter what I do or say, never knowingly harm me and that would help me in any way that they can. These are life long friends and even if I didn't see them for 10 years, which wouldn't happen, it would be as if we'd just seen each other. Therefore, I'm trying to keep my list of friends on Facebook as short as possible - most people do the opposite and compete to see how many 'friends' they can add. They feel that this adds validity and superiority to their character but I feel it does the opposite and lose respect for them. And don't get me started on those 'swimsuit shot at an angle with high contrast'/pouting lips profile pictures! Point is, our values are becoming way out of whack, I wish people would just be themselves - they'd be a lot more interesting!

And although the aforementioned behaviour is benign enough, it applies to more serious situations. Take gang violence for example, if those guys were able to admit in public that they didn't like hurting people or living in fear, I bet it'd subside a lot. Violence really annoys me - in the UK when you go out you see so many idiots beating each other up as bad as possible. That is not natural behaviour at this stage of evolution, we have incredible intelligence for a reason.. Deal with your insecurities, don't let them control you and indirectly harm others, jeez.. More importantly, use your brain! /Rant over

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join