It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News: Banks are stealing Homes, but people would be put in Jail for Stealing food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So anyone here getting pinched in the housing market? Seems like the criminals are the ones making the laws to me. You guys still think the governments on your side?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I watched as much of that as I could stomach.

So, Person X wants a house. They don't have $100,000 just sitting around, so they go where most people do: to a bank. The bank says "OK, I'll loan you the money at interest, and you pay it back to us over X number of years." The person takes the money, through a contractual obligation and with the understanding that it is not their money. This house is not their house. It belongs to the bank until it is paid off.

Person X gets in a bind and can't pay the loan and the bank says "give me what you OWE me or I'll have to take MY property back." Then the completely rational hippies cry "Evil banks! Kicking people out of their own homes is immoral!"

Cry me a river. "The banks shouldn't have lent that money to them if they knew they couldn't pay it back!" IT DOESN'T MATTER. They can loan whatever they want to, for any reason they want to. But if you can't pay your bills, or honor a contract, deal with it.

/TOA

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

i agree with your assesment of the situation. it is just a pity it stops there.

who's money does the bank loan out? their own? or other peoples? if it is other peoples money they loan out then how can they claim the property is theirs?

it would be like me loaning out 30,000 of your money to somebody and then when they cannot pay claiming the property as my own.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

who's money does the bank loan out? their own? or other peoples? if it is other peoples money they loan out then how can they claim the property is theirs?

it would be like me loaning out 30,000 of your money to somebody and then when they cannot pay claiming the property as my own.

that and they use dirty tricks

banks lie change interest rates fub your payments and scam ya but hey blame it on the people bent over the table getting reamed. Thats the American way non?
@ The Old American maybe your old maybe you got your house paid for before the criminals took over but the young ones they are hooped heck even if it was an honest system there are no jobs and the one that have work are making less and paying more than ever just to live.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
the banks get their money from the federal reserve

they then charge the bank interest on that loan

then the bank charges the person getting the loan on interest..

then that mortgage as its called gets either bought by fanny or freddy or mers.

that money comes from nothing its printed out of thin air the fed makes money the bank makes money and the home owner actually becomes the home owner after the loan is paid off.

just because people make payments does not the own the home they made a contract to pay for a property.

if people must hate someone here hate the government because they own fanny and freddy and they own the majority of all loans in this country.

and they are the ones ripping people off if they foreclose the mortgage industry in this country has too many cooks in the kitchen and nothing can be done without the nod of the us government.

edit on 6-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the banks get their money from the federal reserve

they then charge the bank interest on that loan

then the bank charges the person getting the loan on interest..

then that mortgage as its called gets either bought by fanny or freddy or mers.

that money comes from nothing its printed out of thin air the fed makes money the bank makes money and the home owner actually becomes the home owner after the loan is paid off.

just because people make payments does not the own the home they made a contract to pay for a property.

if people must hate someone here hate the government because they own fanny and freddy and they own the majority of all loans in this country.

and they are the ones ripping people off if they foreclose the mortgage industry in this country has too many cooks in the kitchen and nothing can be done without the nod of the us government.

edit on 6-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yep no wonder the rich keep getting richer heck in the past ten years they've stolen more of the nations wealth for themselves than ever. What is it now like 90% of the wealth is in the top 3 or 4 percents hands...
The class war is real and we are loosing in a big way.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

Originally posted by lifeform11

that and they use dirty tricks

banks lie change interest rates fub your payments and scam ya but hey blame it on the people bent over the table getting reamed. Thats the American way non?
@ The Old American maybe your old maybe you got your house paid for before the criminals took over but the young ones they are hooped heck even if it was an honest system there are no jobs and the one that have work are making less and paying more than ever just to live.

My house has about 17 years left on the mortgage. I got my loan through Chase, and it's still through them. Everyone that I've ever told that my mortgage is through them has said something to the effect of "OMG Chase is evil they screwed me and my brother and his cat!" In the 13 years that we've sent payments to them there hasn't been one hiccup. We've refinanced to a lower rate twice with them and they did it with a smile and a "good luck and thank you for your business."

If you're young and not making enough to buy a house then perhaps you shouldn't buy a house. If you do, and don't make the payments, expect the bank to take their property back.

/TOA

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
as always when i see this type of threads...USA Inc serves the interests of corporations first and foremost to ensure rich americans' stake and agenda are fulfilled. over the years they have built an infrastructure to ensure their needs and wants are met no matter who you vote for...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

My house has about 17 years left on the mortgage. I got my loan through Chase, and it's still through them. Everyone that I've ever told that my mortgage is through them has said something to the effect of "OMG Chase is evil they screwed me and my brother and his cat!" In the 13 years that we've sent payments to them there hasn't been one hiccup. We've refinanced to a lower rate twice with them and they did it with a smile and a "good luck and thank you for your business."

If you're young and not making enough to buy a house then perhaps you shouldn't buy a house. If you do, and don't make the payments, expect the bank to take their property back.

/TOA

Thanks for the reply glad to hear you have no problems with your bank and for the record I do agree people who finance more than they can afford don't deserve a bailout. Then again neither do the banks. Facts are however the banks do get bailed out then turn that around into profit all the while practising immoral policies that cause more defaults because they make more money off the fee's than they would working out a deal to keep the people in their homes.

edit on 8-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join