It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Virgin Crys Tears of Blood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Hundreds of Venezuelan Catholics are flocking to a small chapel in Caracas where they say a Virgin Mary statue has been weeping tears of blood as a peaceful message against a looming U.S.-led war with Iraq.

Worshipers have lined up to catch a glimpse of the small Mary Mystic Rose statue at Belen College in eastern Caracas. Tracks of red stains mark the cheeks of the blue-eyed statue, which resides in an ornate wood-and-glass case inside the school's chapel.

Workers at the school run by nuns said the statue had bled from its eyes since Monday morning and again more heavily Wednesday in what they saw as a message of peace.

"They started oozing blood all at once. It was really an amazing sight," said Sister Maritza, who is a member of the Servants of Jesus religious order at the college. "We cannot guess at the plans of God, but obviously it is a call to avoid a war."

She said the statue had arrived in Venezuela from Germany about three years ago and had been carried in processions throughout the predominantly Catholic South American nation.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Does it taste like blood?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wonder if it is blood what the DNA information would be.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good question! Hmmm, is it blood though? It red, but so is ketchup, red food coloring, so forth. It probably just a scam/hoax to get money form the religous folks.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Truth
Good question! Hmmm, is it blood though? It red, but so is ketchup, red food coloring, so forth. It probably just a scam/hoax to get money form the religous folks.

On tests of other bleeding statues, it showed that it was impossible for it to be a hoax. Some things are miracles and cannot be expalined by science.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is neither new nor denominational: Hindu statues leak milk with alarming frequency.
I f you don't believe: the conclusion is obvious. If you do believe: yours is not the decision.
And if anyone finds a statue that weeps 15-year old Glenfiddich: U2U me.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I watched those statues drink milk, they debunked it... it was surface tension of the milk in the spoon touching the statue...

Also I've seen statues with tiny holes in the eyes and a pump inside of the statue.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Same here, and not a miracle. Has anyone tested to see if it is blood? No, they say it is and no one says different. Probably just red food coloring as TT says, or maybe goats blood, etc. No one ever checked the statue, and until then, won't believe it. ANd I mean check check, not call a preist, have him look at it and go yep, it a miracle. Have someone look at it, study it, magnify glasses and microscopes and stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The interesting part to me is that they were able to look at it and say, "Yup, that there is obviously "America is going to attack Iraq, how sad." blood.
That's more amazing than Timmy's long conversations with Lassie.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
T-C, you are no stranger to the apostles on miracles, and yet politics comes in again.
You know that this is an issue of the Divine omnipotency and the Pauline doctrine of faith and yet, without charity, you make it political!
Have we not discussed the Epistles, in this context, in depth, in the past?
What version of the Bible, since you seem to have given up on the KJV, are you promoting?
What are you thinking? You were my one ally, in sanity, on this thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Hundreds of Venezuelan Catholics are flocking to a small chapel in Caracas where they say a Virgin Mary statue has been weeping tears of blood as a peaceful message against a looming U.S.-led war with Iraq. "

Ther disciple "Reuters" is the one where the politics came in. Very first paragraph.

Come on, you're a professor, read more thoroughly. Or maybe you did. Maybe because you are a liberal professor you want to make an issue of it. Maybe you are siding with those who want us destroyed?
Makes no difference as you are out of reach of us, considering the nation in which you now reside. Is it irony that you now teach in a country that views the U.S. as the enemy?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What on earth is wrong with you? Mind your manners!
You are way out of character here. What is wrong? Stop with all the political/Religious nonsense for a minute and clue us all in on what is going through your head. I have not known you long, but what I have known of you and what I have read of your past post, this is not you here.
Do you remember the post you sent me? That was the real Thomas C
Magestica

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My dear Thos, you appear to be hell-bent on making matters of dogmatics matters of politics!
I know that you are, on past record, not unamenable to reason grounded in fact.
So, since you appear to choose to fly in the face of Holy Writ (would not the commonly-known Epistle of James be enough?) I can only ask what has driven you to abandon your (albeit drearily fundamentalist) establishment in the Bible for this new field of jingoistic superscription of Christianity.
You seem almost to be a new Roman!

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
he didnt add politics to the subject... poltics was already there estragon.

and just because these miracles happen ... if they are real...doesnt mean they are from God. Satan can create such things too. The bible warns us of satan coming disguised as good or light.... warns against the time when people look for signs etc. etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Could that blood be used to clone somthing...?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Krossfyter i agree with you on the ""miracles"" that can be from satan ......

in order to deceive many, satan will appear as an angel of light to create confusion and therefore sit back and laugh......

Faith is what is needed and that is why Jesus Christ did not like to use ""miracles"" for unbeleivers......
Althogh Christ worked many miracles,He refused, ""enslave man by a miracle""(Dostoevsky)
The Lord would not perform in Nazareth, for He wanted their faith to be given freely,not induced by magic.He would not display His power to Herod or descend from the cross on demand.
As Christ so long ago said,''''I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive'''(John5:43)

ok, not all miracles are from satan ,but if we have faith then why run to something just to satisfy our curiosity!!!

'''''Take heed that no one deceives you,''' our Lord warned.'''For many will come in My name, saying,'I am He',and will deceive many''(Mark:13:5,6)

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Perhaps she is crying tears of joy because those who commit acts of terrorism against civilians will not be treated as prisoners of war when apprehended. John Bull 1 I question your motives and I as well questions your morals.

Blatantly there is a political motivation for this post.

Here is a question for your intellect
Do you think that God sees premeditated attacks against civilians as just??

Are suicide bombers, which in respect to both the governments of Saddam Hussein, as well as those who supported Osama bin Laden. Viewed by the Almighty and creator of all reality as doing the right thing??

Perhaps in your opinion God thinks of people who are born to a certain culture. And whose choice in life is to be non-combatants in the political arena of life, as combatants simply because they pay taxes. You see that was Osama Bin Ladens opinion and apparently that perspective of Saddam Hussein (as he supported suicide bombers whose targets are civilians).

Here's the biggest problem I have with your point John Bull 1 it royally S^%$. It very clear to me that you support acts which are blatantly criminal. Furthermore the idea that civilians should be treated as combatants because they pay taxes. Is against everything that
any religion teaches.

To be honest here are my thoughts

Take them seriously

[Edited on 4-4-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hundreds of Venezuelan Catholics are flocking to a small chapel in Caracas where they say a Virgin Mary statue has been weeping tears of blood as a peaceful message against a looming U.S.-led war with Iraq.

Who are they?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Like everyone one has said, is it really blood. Ive seen a program on television about this certain topic once. Many scientist say that is most likely sap which is leaking from the statue [as most of the statues are made from wood]. Who know, it could be a hoax it may not, but would we ever find out in the end...

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The thing that did it for me was, "came from Germany about three years ago". Not that I think Germany is the devil... just principalities. Out of Germany, in the past we've had some pretty demonic forces come out. I could say the same with civil war America and many other places around the world. Of course... I believe there's a group out there that wants people to be uninformed, to control the world, to become gods (they believe). And I am suspicious of Nazi party members from old Germany that have taken refuge in the US as an example. Or, freemasons not accepting black people, until nowadays... why not USE them. You know what I mean?

I just don't like that she assummed, above in the article, that we must succumb to the seclusion, without a doubt, it must be God and this is what He thinks of this war. It could be, but use your brains. God invites ALL to to be at the wedding. It's just those who show up experience The Life. It's biased if it tells you WHAT to think with no evidence. Why couldn't it have just said it bleeds, what type blood (you would think by now they have tested it), people have been gathering together, and be done with it without the huge jump in conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join