It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhastan UFO . Daytime footage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I`ve looked but haven`t caught it on here.

Is this CGI ?
It`s getting harder now for me to spot the obvious CGI ufo videos.
This one looks good to me but i`m not sure.

Any thoughts ?

youtu.be...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Notice the relation between the object, the camera movement and the surroundings. There are obvious discrepencies, which point towards this being a poor CGI attempt. Reason for this is the person who imported the "UFO" in the original footage couldn't manage to track the camera movement and shaking and to imply those to the imported object as well, if it was done correctly you wouldn't see the UFO moving in such an unreal manner according to the rest of the stuff in the video.
edit on 6-5-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Is it just me, or does every video of a UFO sighting seem to be filmed by a person with an extreme case of Parkinsons?

You'd think if they thought they were filming a UFO, they would take a little more care to hold the camera steady...

EDIT: Also, in my opinion, if the video ends and the UFO hasn't left yet, it's a fake. Who films only 53 seconds of a UFO sighting?
edit on 6-5-2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

the movement at :24 makes me think its a fake. Why hoaxers put so much energy into this stuff, I'll never understand

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
At :25 seconds.

Start the video at about 23 seconds in.
Make sure to use the tree in the foreground as a gauge.
At 25 seconds the camera (already shaky) slips to the right.
Whoever was in charge of making that UFO seem fixed in one spot sort of overcompensated

Computer generated

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
I`ve looked but haven`t caught it on here.

Is this CGI ?
It`s getting harder now for me to spot the obvious CGI ufo videos.
This one looks good to me but i`m not sure.

Any thoughts ?

youtu.be...

Hmmm, same as always:

- Is on a city where lots of people live, lots of cars going by, and no one stops and talks about it, records the event, screams in hysteria, houses below the object don't even notice something is up there.
- For some reason, as always, the video ends after a few seconds, no second video, apparently these people always forgets to charge the battery, have a cell phones which can only record one video per day, or simply say, oh well i have enough of this, lets move on, and suddenly stop recording.
- As pointed on the youtube comments, at 0:24 there's a glitch where the object moves in an impossible way, after a camera shake, why is the object affected by the hand movement?
- And finally, he got this incredible evidence, and the only thing he does is post to youtube, no calls to news channels, no paper interviews, no nothing, just a quick upload and he forgets about it? zero information about the video, time, location, names, witnesses, etc.

Why suddenly, since a few years ago, we started seeing lots of these videos? since personal computers and video editing software became powerful enough to allow anyone with some experience to do this and more, this is not the real deal, and i'm not saying aliens are not out there or maybe our own experimental tech or whatever, but this is not it, we would know, people would talk about it, same as when a plane crashes and then suddenly lots of people are there, or talk about it, or witness the event, it makes the news, it has made the news before, for something less than this, a light in the night or things like that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks guys.
All good practical answers

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Fake.

Here is one YouTube video showing how....I saw another (can't find it) that explains the technique seen in the one you posted. The one you found is using the "shaky camera" trick, and the foreground horizon is a STILL photo, form an archive somewhere. Photoshop in the "disc", add the fake movement (this distracts the viewer from the fact that nothing in the scene is moving....the trees don't blow in the wind, etc).

Adding in the fake soundtrack is the last step...yours had the street noises, honking horns (not very creative, at all!!!):

Here's the one I thought of, first...finally found it. Look at 1:00.......for comparison (and note, the better soundtrack he used....admitting a fake!!):

Did ya see the shout out to ATS, at the end???

Now...something else I saw, years ago that is quite impressive....Hollywood studio quality, almost....(guessing these guys might work for George Lucas, at his Skywalker Ranch in northern California...maybe).

Shows what a semi-amateur can do, with some good equipment, no doubt:

One thing they get wrong (but is typical for all such Hollywood-style SFX shots) is the sound. They ignore the difference in speed of sound in air, versus speed of light, as we see events unfold. An audience expects to see/hear simultaneously, which is erroneous, but that is what they expect. Unsatisfied, if it is more scientifically accurate.

Don't get me started about "explosions" in space, either!!!

edit on 6 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner... but this is a very poor fake.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nice work and good info.
I think they can close this one down now.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Just listening the video, and you can tell it's fake. You can hear all the traffic and all the cars, only the one who is making the video saw it ? The guy who made it, next time better be alone on some isolated place, it will be more authentic.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Looks real until you get to 0:24. You'll notice a quick movement by the object in the same direction as the camera movement. This is a mistake by the person trying to camera match the object.

The above was posted by a youtube user and is correct. It's a rookie mistake

FAKE!

NEXT!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The thing looks real. CGI has that certain Green Screen looking effect. It looked real except that when the camera moves it almost perfectly mimics it, as if the video was shaky, and the UFO was inserted at the exact center for all frames.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The thing looks real. CGI has that certain Green Screen looking effect. It looked real except that when the camera moves it almost perfectly mimics it, as if the video was shaky, and the UFO was inserted at the exact center for all frames.

new topics

top topics

join