It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by burntheships

The announcement was May 1st. At no point does it give a date that says "today" or "yesterday" we killed Osama.

Ah, yes I see your point now. Pardon me for being obtuse.
Yes, they announced it May 1st, Wikipedia lists his death date as May 2nd, and who
knows when he was "killed". Or dissapeared, or etc...

Your right.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see

Originally posted by burntheships[/i

No...whoever is in charge of this, The White House, The CIA, they have certainly managed to make a one unprecedented mess. And they have used The Media as a tool, as I see it!

My question is....could this all be intentional?

Have they made it so confusing on purpose...obfuscate the matter as a grand tactic?

I am curious to hear from everyone about this.

That's exactly what I have been thinking. If you take all of the mis-leading and/or confusing stories...

I really feel as though they want us to talk about everything as it changes in order to keep our eyes away from the ball. The ol' slight of hand technique.

Yes, I think that is a factor as well. Its like a two cycle operation...the first one being to confuse,
the second one being to distract.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The media (loosely defined) is 1/3 of the problem here. So it's funny to see them scramble. The other 2/3s are, of course, the originators of the information and us.

None of the three are doing that wonderful a job here. Too fast, too furious, too many assumptions, too many "official" sources, too much extrapolation, interpretation, and embellishment, too many snapshot moments that billions of people have different copies of, so things gets jumbled up, misinterpreted, miscommunicated, and basically mucked up.

And we will most likely never know for sure whether the confusion is intentional, but I would
guess it is from the looks of the mess.

I definitely think the leaked photos were a testing the waters event...as they deliberated on whether to
release them, someone was tracking reactions to the leaked photos.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Probably a combination? A lot of it depends on if it was "real" or not. I said in another thread that if this was a scripted psyop, they sure blew it big time. That one thing almost made me want to rethink a lot of things, but then I realized it still could have been scripted and they just didn't anticipate all the different reactions and the hard scrutiny and so didn't have very good contingency plans.

I so agree about the photos. Watching the way they leaked out and were discussed was just a bizarre experience.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
IMO the constant changes in the Osama issue is simply a False Flag to keep attention off of the NMSZ.
Second line, for your mind.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Oh, yes a mixed pot for sure. We can always anticipate human error, the propensity for rumors
to spread. We have all played the whisper in the ear story goes around the circle from one to another
until the originial line becomes so far from it we all laugh.

Yet, I see in all of this the "experts" of control, and as I mentioned on another thread....we are talking
folks who moniter the media to a degree they would call out a small time news paper for an ambiguous
remark made about The First Lady...and ask them to change it or remove it...speaks volumes to me about
the lack of clarity in the news reporting surrounding this "offical death".

And yes, on the photos, just wow.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Some of the noteable contradictions, as you pointed out....

"[Bin Laden] was engaged in a firefight with those that entered the area of the house he was in," said terror czar John Brennan. Similarly, Obama said that “after a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.” The next day, however, the White House spokesman admitted bin Laden “was not armed." Trying to save face and justify the killing of an unarmed man, the spokesman added, without elaborating, that “resistance does not require a firearm."http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24669

Now, I dont agree that he was entirely unarmed, as I read reports he was turning and heading for an SK47, which would be cause for a firefight.

I am more of the mind of the old west....when a person stepped out into the street for a fight and they had with them a weapon, no one waited past the first blink of an eye. So if Osama bin Laden was real, and if he was involved with the 9/11 bombings, I am all for his demise. I have no problem with open fire at that point.

Then again, who really knows who was the mastermind of September 11, 2001.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Another example: Who started the rumor that he used his wife as a shield as he fired? Did the White House release that tidbit or did someone embellish? If the White House said it. It's a contradiction, albeit one that might also have an explanation or not. If embellished, where was it embellished, by whom when and why, and how many people out there will spread this as fact from now till all eternity because that was their snapshot?

I have a lot of respect for you as a thinker. And I am not criticizing your intelligence. But maybe you and I have had a different kind of life. I grew up in one of the roughest, most drug and violence ridden parts of Oahu. Dog the Bounty hunter wears depends when he has to go there, and he doesnt even pretend he is tough there, because he knows he could really end up dead.

Long story short, I have seen a lot of crime and violence, and I have had at several junctions in my life to give statements at crime scenes. And I can tell you, no matter how bloody, violent, confusing, etc., it doesnt take days for even podunk cops in a small town to get a cohesive story and time line. It just doesnt.

Who the "official" source of the story is, is really beside the point. Because if it wasnt the Whitehouse, the Whitehouse should have had a cohesive story and timeline within 24 hours MAX. And when the media reporting did not match it, the right thing to do, what any police department would do, is issue a statement saying that this or that was not a fact, and here is what the fact is.

Thats not what happened here. I can understand in the heat of the moment that one person might think "he is armed" or "he is unarmed" or "he was reaching for a gun."

But there is no way in hell someone was mistaken about the difference between shooting him in the room, or dragging him alive down 3 flights of stairs and across the courtyard to the helicopter and THEN shooting him. Its just not possible that a bunch of trained men were that freaked out that they forgot that detail. No one forgets dragging someone down three flights of stairs and across a courtyard before shooting them. And no one forgets seeing it.

Its absolutely implausible that they forgot, or were confused on that point. The only plausible explanation is they fabricated the original story because they knew the true story would then beg the questions, "Why not go the extra mile and take him alive." Which, if they really did drag him down three flights of stairs to the helicopter, I think they probably did. His daughter may have seen them shoot, but I know she didnt check the pulse. IF thats the way it played out, the reason they "dumped the body at sea" is because........they didnt.

But regardless, that part is speculation, the part that isnt speculation is that the official version was initially a lie. Purposefully. Because there is no fog of war thick enough to make you forget that. Even untrained civilians would have remembered that kind of detail no matter how traumatic the situation was.

My two cents.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

St Udio,

Thanks for posting that write up, I had not seen that one. News hound that I am, dont want to miss
anything that important!

The first thing that threw me off about this whole story, aside from the past media coverage reporting
bin Laden dead, alive again and now dead....lol...was Obama's appearance.

His stone cold, zombie like speech...did not ring true in my ears. I had just watched him roast
Donald Trump, not that I am a fan of Obama, but I am not a fan of Trump either.

I was like....ummm.....No. This is not right, something is amiss.

What you said....pretty much sums it up. What the story was/is/will be.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yes, whats up with this "fog of war" thing. I dont discount the men who went in for the raid,
and whoever it was in there, well be it body double bin Laden or not...what they did was real.

However, it this body double bin Laden did not shoot at them...? What is this "war" stuff?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Serioiusly there may have never been a universally agreed "good" manner to handle OBL. In fact, it certainly is possible he has been dead for years and recent developments are no more than diversions from the truth.

Regardless, the greater point here remains that there may not be any way possible for our Keystone Cop officials to have bungled it worse. Of the multitude of ways for any conceivable situation to be played out, there appears at this moment that no other method of presenting fact or fiction carries more potential for disaster. It matters not if this is intentional or otherwise. It does not matter if it is the truth or a fabrication. The reckless actions of our "leaders" will not lead down whatever road they wished it would. It will only lead to an uncertain future fully devoid of contrition and any hint of sympathy or compassion for the national tragedy we endured to bring us here in the first place.

Will be remembered as one of if not the worst governmental screw ups in history.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over

joseph goebbels.

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.

joseph goebbels.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

joesph gobbels

well if you believe that obama killed osama i got some swamp land to sell you.

the most educated the most civilized era in human history had the wool pulled over their eyes.

hip
hip
hoorah

not.

suckers.

p.t. barnum " theres a sucker born every minute"

and apparently there were alot of them born.
edit on 7-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th

But I'll tell you something...and let me know if any of you find this happening in your life, people that I know that are so ANTI conspiracy and total sheeple are actually starting to question this...the same people that usually laugh or roll their eyes when I talk about stories I read on this site are actually having a "hmmm" moment.

Yes I see this too. Its pronounced, and I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am sure alot
of media folks, taking heads are getting off work, and shaking thier head.

Said well by Paul Craig Roberts Osama bin Laden’s Second Death

As it is, we must take it as more evidence that the US government has unlimited belief in the gullibility of Americans www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thought I'd throw this in the works, I noticed a potential slip-up by BBC news regarding the possible confirmation of Bin Laden's death by Al Qaeda

"[His blood] will remain, with permission from Allah, the Almighty, a curse that chases the Americans and their agents, and goes after them inside and outside their countries," it warned.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Notice the word "Allah"

"Before the sheikh passed from this world and before he could share with the Islamic nation in its joys over its revolutions in the face of the oppressors, he recorded a voice recording of congratulations and advice which we will publish soon, God willing."

Source: Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Hmmmm, God Willing? It was put in " therefore it is a direct quote. Why would 'Al Qaeda' reference God?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I watched Real Time with Bill Maher tonight, and of course the most talked-about topic was the Bin Laden killing. What struck me first, was that it was absolutely the only topic discussed on the show, which is rather unusual. Being that it's a panel show, with 5 guests, many topics are usually discussed. Anyway I don't much care for Maher's commentary that often, or the childish slant some of the topics take (left vs. right), but rather I watch because the panel can have some good insight from time to time...

But no, only Bin Laden and the proximity topics like brief torture discussions and the ever present "Who gets props for the killing?" 'discussion'.

Then, what struck me once more, and actually rather terrified me, was the rather brutal realization that we are becoming a nation of complete hypocrites, even more so. Not that I ever fall for the "right/left" paradigm anymore, or subscribe to either mind you.. it's just that I was terrified to see the way they talked about the killing. Bill Maher went on bragging for Obama, how awesome he was, how incredible he is. He joked about how great it was that reports say Bin Laden was shot, while unarmed with his hands up. Remarking how great that would be. He even talked about how some of the K9's used in the raid, or rather just in the unit, had their front incisors replaced with titanium. He then went on to show a Bin Laden's head exploding over-and-over while reciting action movie cliches. It was basically this disgusting and horrifying display of glorifying murder, mayhem and brutality.

At this point I'm pretty much just horrified. Not because I'm shocked with the current show, but because how far it's gone in this country...The former "intellectuals" and the 'democrat majority' are now the psuedo-intellectual warmongers, who applaud brutality and cheer on stupidity. They take the warmonger throne in place of the right-wing, which has now moved so far right, they have come full-circle and reached the outskirts of the left. Yet the right has become too insane and detached from reality.

They are what make up the majority of our population in America folks. A pile of hypocrites, bloodthirsty, childish and barbaric. They need to feed on constant conflict and feuds in order to survive, like vampires. If there is no petty feud or barbaric event to be cheered on, they cannot survive.

I've been pretty detached from all of this, since the announcement of Bin Laden, as all the celebration of death and the unceasing praise for the president really disgusts me. So I turned on Real Time, hoping for something different, maybe some intellectuals.. but no.. like everywhere else, it's just what I'll call from now on, the "Murder Circus".

This will divide the country like never before; and yes the story is BS.
edit on 7-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't know if this is accurate, but it's interesting.

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works anymore." He continued "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

* Suskind, Ron (2004-10-17). Faith, Certainty and the Presidency of George W. Bush. The New York Times Magazine.
o The unidentified aide is widely said to be Karl Rove.[1]

I found this in Wikiquotes.

I don't think the political party is important. It's a media machine.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Because the real stories were posted 10 years ago

www.foxnews.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Link 3

link 4
edit on 053131p://000000pSaturday by seridium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
Thought I'd throw this in the works, I noticed a potential slip-up by BBC news regarding the possible confirmation of Bin Laden's death by Al Qaeda

"[His blood] will remain, with permission from Allah, the Almighty, a curse that chases the Americans and their agents, and goes after them inside and outside their countries," it warned.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Notice the word "Allah"

"Before the sheikh passed from this world and before he could share with the Islamic nation in its joys over its revolutions in the face of the oppressors, he recorded a voice recording of congratulations and advice which we will publish soon, God willing."

Source: Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Hmmmm, God Willing? It was put in " therefore it is a direct quote. Why would 'Al Qaeda' reference God?

Nothing strange about that my friend, god willing is a phrase many Muslims use, Insha'Allah would be the correct translation of God willing.
God=Allah and vice versa, just a different language.
Link

hope that helped.
OnlyLove
edit on 7/5/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/5/2011 by OnlyLove because: added link

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

After reading the thread title, I made the rounds and visited the MSM sites. Nobody is scrambling enough to make headlines it seems. Next I read the linked article. All I can say is welcome to the information age. With instant access to information we see over and over again that the initial reports, whatever the event, are wildly inaccurate. In the old days it would take weeks or months to get the amount of information out and circulated that now goes out in 24 hrs.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think that it is always a good idea to remind youself that when dealing with polititians and government, you are dealing by and large with mostly sociopaths. Sociopaths have a common delusion, that they are the smartest person that ever walked the face of the Earth. They think that the rest of us are idiots. So it is no suprise that they present these obviously false and fictitious scenarios of such poor quality. They see the latter as an ingenius example of their own superior intellect. They are deluded with unfounded grandiosity. Let them amuse you. Observe how an unfortunately large segment of the population gobbles up any propaganda presented, no matter how patently ridiculous the story line. (Ex: 911, OBL's assasination)Let this too amuse you. PEACE

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join