It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

www.thenewamerican.com

While the establishment media was busy parroting President Obama’s announcement of Osama bin Laden’s supposed assassination, reporting the unsubstantiated claims as if they were unquestionable facts, much of the so-called “alternative” press was far more cautious — and accurate, it turns out. But more importantly, with the new official storyline indicating that bin Laden was in fact unarmed, bigger and much more important questions are beginning to emerge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Now that the "Official Story" of Osama bin Laden's death is coming under heavy fire,
I think this is just the beginning of the backlash.

Contradictions, Revisions, Alterations....

You would think that with all the importance of the worlds most notorious terrorist, somewhere someone could have at least got the narrative straight!

Its not bad enough that for the last decade Osama bin Laden was alive, and terrorizing the world, then supposedly dead, then surfaces again to be alive, and then is now officially dead.

No...whoever is in charge of this, The White House, The CIA, they have certainly managed to make a one unprecedented mess. And they have used The Media as a tool, as I see it!

My question is....could this all be intentional?

Have they made it so confusing on purpose...obfuscate the matter as a grand tactic?

I am curious to hear from everyone about this.

In terms of coverage, it turns out that the skeptical approach proved far superior in terms of getting it right. Countless mainstream sources were so confident in Obama’s word that they reported many of the claims as fact without even attributing them to the President.

www.thenewamerican.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just wanna know why there wasn't this same fervor with Bush's Iraq war and the blatant lies. That whole country is wrecked for the forsee-able future and everyones fine with it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

The story of denial... seems to work?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You know Bin Laden can't be dead till he is announced "Officially Dead" by the government....until they say he is officially dead he lives on.....without the official government stamp he just can't be dead...thats all there is to it....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
if they would have just focused on bin laden, they could have just killed him, declare the war on terror over and everybody can go on with their lives.

but this perpetual fear they have going, with no end in sight is depressing and destroying the fabric and mood of the nation.

they made al qaeda into something much bigger than it was, that it is now impossible to destroy the myth.

subconsciously, everybody has it in the back of their heads and it is interfering with everyday life, even if you're aware of it or not.

sometimes i wish i was in south america or europe, where no body even thinks about terror and al qaeda and are at much more peace.

this is b.s. just show the pictures, say al qaeda is defeated and give the people some peace and security. when politicians have to lie they don't. they are majorly f-uped.

behind the scenes to whatever it takes.

edit on 6-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

No...whoever is in charge of this, The White House, The CIA, they have certainly managed to make a one unprecedented mess. And they have used The Media as a tool, as I see it!

My question is....could this all be intentional?

Have they made it so confusing on purpose...obfuscate the matter as a grand tactic?

I am curious to hear from everyone about this.

That's exactly what I have been thinking. If you take all of the mis-leading and/or confusing stories... the concern about skeptics, or as the MSM says "Conspiracy Theorists." It's like a dog chasing it's tail.

I haven't been very active in responding to OBL threads because of this. I really feel as though they want us to talk about everything as it changes in order to keep our eyes away from the ball. The ol' slight of hand technique.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe that they killed him.

However, there are problems in the "official" story. Here is a good one, so simple. Go to the wiki on Bin Laden. His death is listed as May 2.

They announced it May 2. Did it HAPPEN May 2?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Interesting thing to note is: The gentleman in the Video who claims to live next door and takes walks by the compound daily said that you can't even get in that area without showing your ID and answer questions as to why you are in that area?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

well the government and media spew out so many lies they cant even keep up with a developing lie let alone contradicting the past ones,i turned off the tv months ago,i have no interest in it, by the way if thats ur pic u are freakin gorgeous

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
You know Bin Laden can't be dead till he is announced "Officially Dead" by the government....until they say he is officially dead he lives on.....without the official government stamp he just can't be dead...thats all there is to it....

If one thing is certain for sure, what you just said is. Thats right, Osama was not dead until he was announced offically dead by the governement!

I find it so very interesting that two new phrases have been coined by Obama the last 24 hours.

‘You will not see bin Laden walking on this earth again,’ says Obama

"Osama bin Laden will never threaten America again."

"There is no doubt that Osama bin Laden is dead. Certainly there is no doubt among Al-Qaeda members that he is dead. So, we don't think that a photograph in and of itself is going to make any difference," Obama said in an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes". www.dailyindia.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It is not intentional, they are just simply incompetent. This whole administration has no idea what they're doing and it shows at every turn. Put an issue in the spotlight and they will manage to f*ck it up. Everyone is all in a trance from this guy and I just cant figure it out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if they would have just focused on bin laden, they could have just killed him, declare the war on terror over and everybody can go on with their lives.

but this perpetual fear they have going, with no end in sight is depressing and destroying the fabric and mood of the nation.

they made al qaeda into something much bigger than it was, that it is now impossible to destroy the myth.

subconsciously, everybody has it in the back of their heads and it is interfering with everyday life, even if you're aware of it or not.

All very true, and very good points.

I found it strange, curious and even suspicious that President Bush seemed almost disinterested
in hunting Osama bin Laden down.

Then, as Homeland Security became what it is today, the pat downs, and scans it seems all too obvious.

And your right, I think the idea of terrorists has so much become a part of our life its to be accepted as normal.

Could that be why Osama bin Laden was allowed to hang over our heads for a decade?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
“Fog of war” was claimed by the White House spokesman...

Funny that excuse was suggested to him by a member of the “press” corps asking a question.

After the numerous discrepancies and falsehoods in the storyline became painfully obvious, the Associated Press, USA Today, Fox News and other outlets slowly and begrudgingly started to report it. “From the first moments, a good number of the details about bin Laden's killing, on points large and small, have been wrong,” admitted a Fox reporter in one of the more candid acknowledgements to appear in the mainstream press. www.thenewamerican.com...

An apologist reporter at USA Today wrote that “the administration did its best to get the story quickly,” adding “it's common situation with military action.” The paper quoted a Pentagon spokesperson under the Bush administration to bolster its case. www.thenewamerican.com...

The AP offered a similar excuse along with the “fog of combat” line offered by the White House. “The contradictions and misstatements reflect the fact that even in the case of a highly successful and popular mission, the confusion inherent in a fast-paced, unpredictable military raid conducted under intense pressure in a foreign country does not lend itself immediately to a tidy story line,” the reporter claimed, citing “some experts.” www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
with his daughters comments that he is indeed dead, AQ confirming it, I'd say it's the " he died years ago" story that has crumbled

at first I thought they were foolish to rush to release the statement, I thought they should have waited until monday night in primetime, which would have given them time to get all the facts straight and maybe even decide to spread the credit around more. (obama said " I, me, my" way too much for my taste)

then I realized they were working against the clock, worried stories would start to leak out of pakistan, so as soon as they had the DNA match, they rushed the story out. in your own lfe, how do things work out when you rush ? sloppy

they also were fighting against a bazillion people trying to get scoops and to get "breaking news updates" more or less constantly. sloppy

I know about 20 people that were in tower 2. I have spoken to most of them, and even they are already more or less done with this story and just want to move on. think about that. they were at work, in the tower when the planes hit, and they are already moving on to talking about gas prices and jobs again

why then do the CE's want to keep the story alive so desperately ?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
I just wanna know why there wasn't this same fervor with Bush's Iraq war and the blatant lies. That whole country is wrecked for the forsee-able future and everyones fine with it.

Because we all watched live on TV as two planes flew into buildings which then subsequently collapsed killing thousands of Americans, and two other planes were also crashed.

Emotions were running higher at that time.

And even then some of us WERE asking "why Iraq?" I know I was. I knew there were no WMDs, and I knew, as the media itself had reported, that the hijackers and bin Laden were Saudi.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
why then do the CE's want to keep the story alive so desperately ?

Thanks for your comments.

I would venture to say that no doubt we are all relieved to hear that Osama bin Laden is
now offically dead. Yes, that is no doubt the positive aspect of this.

The Media has egg on thier face...and its a Media outlet that published this story...

I dont think its just conspiracy minds who are left confused and questioning.

And if the Media has any redeeming value left, they will pursue this until the questions are answered
in such a way as they add up to some semblence of truth.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The media (loosely defined) is 1/3 of the problem here. So it's funny to see them scramble. The other 2/3s are, of course, the originators of the information and us.

None of the three are doing that wonderful a job here. Too fast, too furious, too many assumptions, too many "official" sources, too much extrapolation, interpretation, and embellishment, too many snapshot moments that billions of people have different copies of, so things gets jumbled up, misinterpreted, miscommunicated, and basically mucked up.

I don't see how it course be otherwise, given these circumstances.

ETA: Seems that everytime I ask for an example of a "contradiction," I get nothing. Turns out to be new information that contradicts nothing, an unofficial source, someone else's speculation that someone took as gospel. You know the drill. When the dust settles, the picture maybe become a bit clearer as to where the true contradictions and the real holes are.
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The media, for whatever reason, (and a good argument can be made they are catering to our tastes, not driving it) has dumbed itself so far down its not funny. It hires reporters solely for their looks. Said reporters spend 98% of their reporting time on crap the National Enquirer used to handle, and they cant even debunk a photo shopped "dead bin Laden" photo on their own.

They have become mouthpieces, actors, script readers, instead of intelligent investigative journalists.

I hope this embarrasses them into at least returning to some semblance of professionalism. Even if all you are going to do is package and hand out propaganda, how about not completely sucking at it?

Or, honestly, we should thank them. Ive been telling people in my life for a long time they are a bunch of paid propagandists and they totally proved my case for me.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

ETA: Seems that everytime I ask for an example of a "contradiction," I get nothing. Turns out to be new information that contradicts nothing, an unofficial source, someone else's speculation that someone took as gospel.

You dont think there is a difference between shooting someone armed in a room, then not armed in a room, then possibly reaching for a gun, then being dragged alive to a helicopter and then shot is a contradiction?

I do.

And if the sources of these contradictions were so "unofficial" why didnt our leaders first thing Monday morning call a press conference and clear up the details that the press had unofficially mucked up so badly?

How many hours does it take to articulate a 40 minute raid? Even if you debrief every person there and review their statements, what? 24 hours max?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join