It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flaws I See In Religion (Long Read)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In the New Testament, it is described as the place or state of punishment after death or last judgment for those who have rejected Jesus

en.wikipedia.org...

So here we see it's not only until the New Testament, where the "gentle Jesus, meak and mild" is introduced who preaches "believe or burn". And a whole load of contradictory moral and ethical teaching to go with that.

John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Hebrews 3:19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

bible.cc...

(1) Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

bible.org...

For everyone to have a read, and do their own research before taking note of the person i am replying to.

edit on 9/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I know that they discourage "1-liners" on these forums, but I must indulge myself just this once...

Amen!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
wasnt the bible written by humans?? i dont think it just dropped out of the sky did it?? maybe what jesus taught was different, and the church kind off manipulated his teachings in their favour....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sesto6element

wasnt the bible written by humans?? i dont think it just dropped out of the sky did it??
You're right it was written by many different people and it took many years to write.

maybe what jesus taught was different, and the church kind off manipulated his teachings in their favour....
Maybe Jesus never even existed.
But I agree the church was extremely corrupt and definitely manipulated religion in their favor just like you said.

edit on 9-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i really cant understand the point of religion.... god exists im sure but nothing like weve imagined.

to some extent we are also gods. we take care of our families, provide them unconditional love and support, punish them for any mistakes. etc etc..isnt that what most religions say god does?? the difference being we dont ask to be worshipped, although an occasional gift would be fine

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sesto6element

i really cant understand the point of religion
I feel the same way.

god exists im sure but nothing like weve imagined.
I disagree, I don't think there's a need for a creator.

Back in the day, people didn't understand what the sun was and what caused it to rise, what caused solar/lunar eclipses, what caused the tides, what caused rain to fall, so they thought a god was responsible for those things. Now that we have a much greater understanding of the universe, we know what causes those things and think it's silly that a giant wolf or dragon was eating the sun or something like that.

Now people claim to believe in god because we don't know what kick-started the Big Bang, but just like with those previous examples, in time we will have an answer and god will become a thing of the past

Religion is just a fairy-tale to help alleviate peoples fear of death, and also a cop-out for science when an answer is unavailable.

to some extent we are also gods. we take care of our families, provide them unconditional love and support, punish them for any mistakes. etc etc..isnt that what most religions say god does?? the difference being we dont ask to be worshipped, although an occasional gift would be fine
Great point, god gets all of the attention and all of the praise, but what the hell does he do? He sat back during the Holocaust, he sat back during all of the genocides throughout history for that matter, but he gets praised. He lets innocent children get kidnapped, raped, tortured, and murdered. Prayers to save terminally ill kids go unanswered, but he gets praised. God doesn't work two jobs and put food on the table, so I really don't understand why people pray to him.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
okay when i say god exists i mean some form of energy .... okay it all started with the big bang, but what caused the big bang?

im thinkin we are a part of somethin waaay bigger! somethine our minds can see but cant notice

oh and just for info, the religion i was born into has a million gods (and counting...) we have gods for machines, gods for sex, gods for death, gods specifically for restaurants, gods for exams.... man its freakin insane!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Being punished for following the wrong religion is unfair and no logical, understanding, just God would do such a thing- There are dozens of religions out there, so how can a God punish me for not choosing the right one? According to most religions it's a matter of faith and believing that theirs is the correct one, so how am I supposed to know which one is correct? Some pastor tells me Christianity is correct, so should I just take his word and spend the rest of my life following the teachings of a book? Should I base my religion off of what the other people around me believe? Which religion I believe is the most beneficial to humanity? Which religion has the most followers worldwide? There's no way to know which is the right one, so you could be setting yourself up for hell in the afterlife right now by following the wrong religion, even if you believe it to be the right one.

I'm pretty sure that Hinduism and Buddhism do not have an exclusivity clause. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I'd look it up for you but I have go.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I was going to participate in this thread but this discussion has turned pretty jew-view-nile!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join