It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony maybe Hacked a third time this weekend!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sony has spent the last two weeks fighting a security and PR nightmare. The company’s PSN and SOE systems were breached between April 16 and 19 and the details of more than 100 million users were stolen. That’s a hard pill to swallow, but it seems there may be more on the way.

Sony claims that though the attack on the PSN and SOE systems were separate, it believes they were related as they were very similar. Now rumors are doing the rounds that the company is about to be hit with a third attack, this time from another group of people. These hackers are said to be pretty peeved about how Sony handled the PSN breach and are planning a retaliation.

"The people involved plan to publicize all or some of the information they are able to copy from Sony's servers, which could include customer names, credit card numbers, and addresses, according to the source," writes Ogg. "The hackers claim they currently have access to some of Sony's servers."

The news follows an update from Sony in which the company says its security team is in the final stages testing of its new system for PSN and Qriocity users. The company has also just answered questions from congress and was yesterday subpoenaed by the New York Attorney General. If another group manages to breach Sony’s network after it's supposedly rebuilt its system, the company will have a lot to answer for.

www.tomsguide.com...
www.g4tv.com...

edit on 6-5-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Seems like Sony can never catch a break from failing security to servers being down all week. Just as hackers always hack, Sony will always fail epically.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I see this becoming a trend among hackers just to do it because others have. Or, trying to outdo the other hackers for bragging rights. Can't this group that claim they are coming forward with info on the hacking they will do be prosecuted? On another note I wish they would fix this problem already. I really want to whoop some little 9 year old's butt in over seas at Maortal Kombat.
edit on 6-5-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Even more scary this may affect more than PSN.

Steam now integrates with PSN.

See here....

edit on 6-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow another unprovoked attack on the general public. What a bunch of ditch pigs. This is ridiculous. All they are is terrorists. Just the new model. Maybe they should leave their moms basement for a week. There are these things walking around with long hair and boobs. I understand that you've probably never seen or touched a breast that wasn't made of chicken. Unfortunatly they probably won't be impressed by your life size 3cpo or you replica light saber.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Why is this is the Fragile Earth forum? MODS please move...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Why is this is the Fragile Earth forum? MODS please move...

Because starting a new thread is not a simple matter of clicking a button anywhere on the board, you have to actually drill down forums then click new thread.

Not very intuitive.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If they are caught, they should get life in prison.
second line
edit on 7-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
second line

Next time you forget a little thing on your taxes, you should get life in prison too.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So get off your sorry asses and quit playing GAMES.

"get prison for life" for taking away some precious hours of "video game time"

How sad.

You guys who focus on and get bent over this kind of crap are a huge part of the problem that is "america".

a giant corporation who doesnt give a $hyt about anything other than money..
gets hacked..
and said hackers should be "locked up for life".. wtf

Give me a fn break.
Remove your heads.
(or clench your cheeks a little tighter around it, so it also keeps your mouths closed.)
edit on 7-5-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

Originally posted by DuceizBack
second line

Next time you forget a little thing on your taxes, you should get life in prison too.

Your comparing something that could happen accidentally [missing a tax payment , by possibly losing money]
to something one does intentionally.

you don't unintentionally hack something.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
these hackers are financial terrorists...and if you ask me...this whole thing has raised some red flags...whoever did this wanted to blame anonymous for the attack...even though it obviously wasn't them...these hackers deserve to be investigated by the FBI cyber division and need to be put in jail...because if they expose many people's information publicly...they're opening the door for identity theft...and will be the main cause of it...they're criminal no matter how you put it

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
So get off your sorry asses and quit playing GAMES.

"get prison for life" for taking away some precious hours of "video game time"

How sad.

You guys who focus on and get bent over this kind of crap are a huge part of the problem that is "america".

a giant corporation who doesnt give a $hyt about anything other than money..
gets hacked..
and said hackers should be "locked up for life".. wtf

Give me a fn break.
Remove your heads.
(or clench your cheeks a little tighter around it, so it also keeps your mouths closed.)
edit on 7-5-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

Ahmose you're ignorance should be clenched instead...it's not about taking away some game time or anything like that...it's about exposing people's financial interests such as credit card information and PERSONAL INFORMATION that makes what these hackers are doing criminal...the fact you even seem to support what these hackers are doing makes you a fool...many people play games just in their spare time when they aren't sitting on their butts and are out working earning a living, and many of these people like to spend a bit of that money on the gaming industry simply because video games are a fun way to pass the time...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey as long as these no-life hackers teach Sony a lesson, screw the 100 million people that it's affected.. I'm kinda pissed about the whole "welcome back" program they are offering when the service comes back online.. I know it's free and I shouldn't complain but I would much rather $20 credit in my account to use as I see fit... Instead you get a 1 month service of something that strips away the games you downloaded after the membership is up.....
edit on 7-5-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join