It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a Good Thread Not Make New Topics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm beside myself!

I found some info that I thought needed to be seen and discussed concerning the weather. I put together an intelligent post, added multiple screen shots to back up my thread, picked what I thought was the best forum category and posted.

I went about my business and checked back a short while later expecting to engage in an intelligent discussion and found no replies and only 1 flag. I added the latest info to my thread and went outdoors to water the garden. When I came back in 30 minutes later I expected to at least have a few replies but nope, nothing.

I checked the New Topics fire hose and didn't see my thread. No wonder nobody replied!

Are some forum categories not worthy of the new topics fire hose? I hate to post in the wrong category and add the ubiquitous "Mods, please move..."

The thread I'm talking about is in Geo-Engineering and Chemtrails titled HAARP Heating or Background Clutter?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that I thought my thread was time sensitive and needed someone else to see it and verify the information before it disappeared.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That may be the reason why....They are scared of posts about HAARP now...DutchSinse has been threatened with a release of ALL his personal info if it doesn't stop putting up videos about HAARP rings....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think it is the nature of popular forums such as this one. Unfortunately, with so much activity, some threads that may be of high interest probably get missed in the heap.

However, I think that every thread I have written has made it to the "New Topics" page... depending on the traffic, they may have only appeared for a minute or two, but they were there.

I think the official line is "they are the victims of their own success".

Cheers, and keep up the good fight.

the Billmeister

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

yes...yes...

see below oops
edit on 5/6/11 by darrman because: ?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

yes...yes...

me too!! www.abovetopsecret.com...

wrong time of the day??

great one...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/6/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I had considered time as a factor, however in retrospect maybe I should have titled the thread something more ominous sounding like "PROOF Of HAARP Weather Modification!!!!"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Happened to me also.

Had a thread with some very scary statistics and it was on New Topic Fire-Hose and was getting some excellent responses when * POOF *. Gone! Never showed back up.

Dropped Thread - We're #1! We're #1!

A real bummer was I posted on the ATS Board Business & Questions and got one flag but no reply from the MODS.

Not on ATS New Topic Fire-hose

Since I never got a reply on the Board Business thread I have no answer except apparently it's a glitch.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I don't start a lot of new threads but I can't recall one that didn't make the New Topics fire hose. I guess you are right, just a glitch in the system. Sometimes I am amazed at the number of new posts and the amount of members online at any given time doesn't cause more problems here.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Perphaps you should re-post and include in the newer thread the fact that you already had a thread and it disappeared?

I'd sure like to know what happened though.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is a user content-generated site. Sometimes a thread captures the attention of members. Sometimes it doesn't. In all honesty, with the whole OBL debacle going on at the moment many other interesting threads are being overlooked. Had you posted your thread say a week ago, you probably would have had a much different outcome.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Thanks for the reply. True all the OBL threads are keeping people busy. I would have loved to have posted this last week but it just appeared on the radar a few hours ago. LOL, just my luck.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

My suggestion is to wait a few days for the OBL to simmer down a bit and then bump your thread. Chances are you'll have a better chance at garnering attention.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Thanks for the suggestion. I just updated the thread with a new picture of the developing weather front. I think that's about all I can do is post some relevant updates and hope someone stumbles upon it in the near future.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When I have a thread I want people to respond to, I try to answer most of the posts, individually, and spread them out, so each response bumps the thread back to the top of recent posts page. I also sometimes hold back some information for bumps, too. Keep trying, and keep bumping your thread. That's my advice.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I posted my first thread today. it took off with 69 replies then the mods closed it... Easy come easy go I guess.
It all happened in under an hour.

Seems like a hit or miss on here. Perhaps yeah wait until the OBL stuff has died down and bump it. Or wait until the next big earthquake or natural disaster hits then cry out haarp did it!

new topics

top topics

join