It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan army knew about operation against Osama bin Laden

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Sorry they knew that there was a HTV in there and they were almost certain it was OBL

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Based on what? The cia op was scrubbed cause they couldn't ID the suspect in there. How did they figure it then?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Who said it was scrubbed?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There's a whole thread about that mission somewhere here. Cia talked about the mission and how it failed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Why would the CIA talked about their so called failed mission? You believed that?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything that would suggest they're lying. Could be that they are but cant say that for now.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Why would the CIA talked about their so called failed mission? You believed that?

I'm sorry for just jumping in but I thought the same thing when I read that...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Pakistani military and intelligence service are flip flopping more than Senator, John Kerry, in a Presidential campaign. If the official circumstance of the story by the US government is true, and things went down as they say? The Pakistanis got caught with serious egg on their face. Lets face it, they got caught with their pants down and a foreign government was able to go in there like they owned the place. Then, shortly after the Bin Laden operation, another drone attack in North Waziristan.

Suspected US drone attack kills 15 in first strike in Pakistan since raid

A suspected CIA drone strike targeted a militant stronghold area in the North Waziristan region of Pakistan’s borderlands yesterday, killing 15 people, according to news reports.

Talk about an insult to injury to the Pakistani government and military? Pakistan has let the cat out of the bag on this, and this is just more confirmation to the growing suspicion of them playing both sides against the middle in terms of the international war on terror and the military conflict in Afghanistan. The OBL incident could be a reason for an escalation by the United States within the Pakistani interior? Furthermore, it could be another justification to cut off aid to Pakistani over continued occasions of mistrust.

How does the most wanted man in the world live with in shouting distance to a large military contingent in Abbottabad, Pakistan? Moreover, it is home to the Pakistani military academy! So, serious questions have been brought to the forefront about the candor of Pakistan and their role as partners with the US in stamping out international terror and the Taliban. As far as I see it, Pakistan had ought to retreat from making a fuss about drone attacks, Afghan issues, and this whole Bin Laden thing. It is high time for them to launch a PR campaign to restore as much of their image as possible. Any legitimacy or moral high ground they may have had before recent developments in commenting about military activities by the US seems to be withering away on the vine?
edit on 7-5-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I think it's time to revive the "Great Game thread"
The pieces have been moved

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Jakes51

Yes sir! I think the resurrection of the "Great Game thread," is in order. This is a big development in the chess game taking place in central Asia. Good idea!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I do not trust Anything that falls from the mouths of those who wish to Harm and Murder others.

Plain and simple, stop buying into Their lies.
...because that's ALL they are offering.

Can you not See through their deceptions ?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by tristar

They knew OBL was in the compound because they had the CIA spying on the building not because of drones.

Except that the cia op was a failure. They didn't know he was in there. Which would explain the op instead of just droning the place or sniping him.

I doubt it was a failure for obvious reasons. Before you go on, surveillance teams do not engage targets, they are there only for surveillance, units that engage do not do surveillance, two different units for two different purposes.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Jakes51

the green cedar, that's what you should focus on, that's the fuse.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Please don’t patronise me I know what surveillance teams do and don’t do. The simple fact is there is no way that the Americans would have tipped of Pakistan about this operation, you seem to be struggling to accept that. For the rescord however it is possible SAD where involved in the raid

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Please don’t patronise me I know what surveillance teams do and don’t do. The simple fact is there is no way that the Americans would have tipped of Pakistan about this operation, you seem to be struggling to accept that. For the rescord however it is possible SAD where involved in the raid

I did not mean to patronize you but suggesting that a surveillance team was there and it more or less failed is what i was simply pointing out. One unit does a specific task while the other unit does another task. As for tipping of the isi, you need to understand that after a healthy trial and error of exchanging intelligence it become very clear early on that information was being leaked to proposed targets. Thus conclusion was that the isi are not to be trusted. Knowing full well how they operate and how easily either supposed intelligence found its way into the wrong hands made that extra easier to create a false sense of security over a set period of time. The result was low , silent rotar pitched helo's going in and going out only several hundred meters from a pak installation and local scouts aligned to him to be caught while sleeping. I would say it was a huge success.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

reply to post by tristar

They knew OBL was in the compound because they had the CIA spying on the building not because of drones.

Except that the cia op was a failure. They didn't know he was in there. Which would explain the op instead of just droning the place or sniping him.

I doubt it was a failure for obvious reasons. Before you go on, surveillance teams do not engage targets, they are there only for surveillance, units that engage do not do surveillance, two different units for two different purposes.

I know what the difference is. My personal belief is that they failed in the op to ID him before taking action. Wikileaks revealed that his personal courier was compromised. That forced the issue and they had to go in without being sure if he was there. That's why they went in with a team instead of using a sniper or a drone.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

reply to post by tristar

I know what the difference is. My personal belief is that they failed in the op to ID him before taking action. Wikileaks revealed that his personal courier was compromised. That forced the issue and they had to go in without being sure if he was there. That's why they went in with a team instead of using a sniper or a drone.

I am sure by now you are aware of the developing issue between both nations, my thread was not posted because i felt i needed stars or flags, it was posted on purpose for who ever is interested in looking into another world, often hidden and when reveled is cleverly disguised through the use of multiple media outlets and scenarios. This is how everything works, do not be surprised that news of obl being dead are revealed but not to the fact that he was shot on sight, but rather he was captured and is undergoing interrogation. Rational thinking points to the obvious, a decade of trying to find his network, his funding, and suddenly you find him and kill him without asking simple questions. Perhaps i am entertaining the thought of him being interrogated as we speak or perhaps i am not. Either way if he is being interrogated, then for him and his followers he is considered dead, therefore his chances are slim to none being or remaining alive. We are all familiar or have heard of method's used to extract information and not all of them required physical applications. There are more methods used with a higher success rate than the use of physical violence.

food for thought

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join