It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan army knew about operation against Osama bin Laden

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Aggie Man

Of course they knew...saying they didn't is just Pakistan playing to the favor of the segment of their population that supports OBL and al Qaeda.

The fact is, our government reported to us that they did NOT advise Pakistan of the operation because they were afraid it would be jeopardized. Now we're hearing that the Pakistan army was involved in the raid prior to it even being carried out....and according to this link, the citizens are confirming this. If the Pakistan army was involved in the raid then the whole notion that we kept Pakistan in the dark about it is a bunch of bull.

Ah, yes, well it is very interesting, it does seem to show that someone could not keep to his original deal, i assume it was due to internal political or military pressure. Could this be the checkmate move that was being looked at once the former cia op was shown across pak tv only several weeks ago. Payback is a bitch.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

No they didn’t, they knew that the ISI as leaky as a sieve in 1998 the ISI tipped of OBL. There is no chance the Americans would risked letting Pakistan know about this operation.

Okay, so this report is b.s. according to you? This report posted by the OP has no truth to it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Well it has some degree of truth to it in so far as the Pakistani’s are claiming they knew about it. However I think it’s safe to say that the Pakistani’s are lying, so yeah this report is BS

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Well it has some degree of truth to it in so far as the Pakistani’s are claiming they knew about it. However I think it’s safe to say that the Pakistani’s are lying, so yeah this report is BS

Given that A-Q who are far more well rooted within pakistan than any other foreign intelligence unit openly point to pakistan for handing obl on a sliver platter than i suggest you give credit were its due. These are not cave dwellers as you might think or have been made to think. On a side note, any reason as to why the defence pak website is totally knocked offline.

its back up.
edit on 6-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Nope, I refuse to believe that they had prior knowledge of the operation to kill OBL my reasons for this are simple and I have already explained them

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Nope, I refuse to believe that they had prior knowledge of the operation to kill OBL my reasons for this are simple and I have already explained them

Unfortunately, Kevin, it's not that cut and dry. As outsiders who are not involved in the intricate politics of these issues, we don't know anything for certain. Our knowledge comes at the behest of the powers who own the media, which is largely full of propaganda geared to manipulate our beliefs and opinions. This is true with the media in all countries. We are the purveyor of just as much propaganda as any of these countries we are at odds with. We can not know for sure what has gone on behind the scenes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

And the Pakistani’s would never make a claim for reasons of propaganda?

It makes no sense for the Americans to tell the Pakistani’s about this whole thing when you recognise how leaky the ISI is.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

And the Pakistani’s would never make a claim for reasons of propaganda?

It makes no sense for the Americans to tell the Pakistani’s about this whole thing when you recognise how leaky the ISI is.

i would say i need you out from the west for a period of 2hrs, knowing full well how they operate, in the meantime i actually heading east. So on a technical side they did and did not know. Its simple to do especially when you have civilians doing the work.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I don’t quite understand what you are saying. Could you rephrase that because I didn’t make much sense to me thanks.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

I don’t quite understand what you are saying. Could you rephrase that because I didn’t make much sense to me thanks.

Sure, pak intel and as agreed upon during the rush meetings to and from the u.s. and pk. from both sides was the pivot point. You simply do not see a high ranking official from the cia flying from one country to another for no reason other than to seal the deal. In short, we need you to stay clear for two hours from this region and do nothing. Feeding appropriate intelligence in the event of a leak does ensure that your original objective is in no means in danger of interception. Thus, we need you out of the west, in the mean time create false commotion in the west while the original objective is heading to the east.

Conclusion
Mission Accomplished.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

So your saying the CIA had a deal with the ISI to keep it a secret. No the ISI had a history of supporting OBL the CIA could not risk that.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

So your saying the CIA had a deal with the ISI to keep it a secret. No the ISI had a history of supporting OBL the CIA could not risk that.

Did you honestly believe that drones were placed into pak simply for tracking only insurgents coming in from Afghanistan ?. Lets face it, if a country wants to seal its borders all it does is station several hundred soldiers along with check points and its sealed. The drones were there because everyone was aware of his location. It was merely a matter of time and its the isi that has dug its own grave many times over and the recent nail in the coffin was the release of the agents face and name across the media. That is simply something you do not do. Payback is a bitch and there is a large amount people out there who stated, that the u.s. is no two priority and no one is now pak. Again, this is hypothetical.
edit on 7-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well ok the Pakistani’s knew about the drones, doesn’t mean they knew were OBL was and had prior knowledge to the operation to assassinate him.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Well ok the Pakistani’s knew about the drones, doesn’t mean they knew were OBL was and had prior knowledge to the operation to assassinate him.

As much as i would like to....but sure....yes..they are as innocent as you and i.

Did you notice how quickly the libyans leader's family was found and targeted, was it within one full week upon deployment of drones or are you those who believe it was a lucky shot from nato bombers. ?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

They knew OBL was in the compound because they had the CIA spying on the building not because of drones.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The stealth helo already told us what we know. They were taking a risk to raid into Pakistan without the Pakistani govts' knowledge. Get in and get out quick before Pakistan could do anything.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

They knew OBL was in the compound because they had the CIA spying on the building not because of drones.

Lets make this easy.

Do you know how obvious a foreign person stands out in that particular location. Its not as if your in New York or Paris were you can blend into the surroundings. The residents there lived for generations so anyone new within there village would stand out like a fly in milk. It simply does not happen. The whole village or the leaders of the village who were being paid to maintain a casual look and feel of the place new exactly or had a rough idea of who and what was going on. So the reports of a supposed rich pakistan living in a village only several miles from an army base is as real as you and myself being related.

In short, they chose sides a long time ago...sadly they chose the wrong side, i guess its time the stand up to the plate.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

The stealth helo already told us what we know. They were taking a risk to raid into Pakistan without the Pakistani govts' knowledge. Get in and get out quick before Pakistan could do anything.

Would you put your number one team into a helo that was not state of the art knowing full well what the objective was about.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

You keep deflecting, the simple matter is that there is no chance that the Americans would risk tipping of the ISI because they would have known how leaky the ISI, jeez we even had Hillary last year saying in Pakistan about how she believed that member so of the Pakistani intelligence apparatus were protecting key wanted terrorists.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Except that the cia op was a failure. They didn't know he was in there. Which would explain the op instead of just droning the place or sniping him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join