It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

on a scale of 1 to 10, how quickly could the ptb track you down and find you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
1; you live in a cave and don't even use currency.

10; there is a chip in your head and they know your location at this very moment.

me, i'll give myself about a 3. no bank account, live in an rv. no bills besides vehicle insurance in my name.
do not use plastic of any kind, even my grocery store cards are in a false name. i have a 'pay as you go' cell, no name attached.
i consider myself a positive contribution to society, i just live my life in private.

if you were honest with yourself, just this one time, give us a number.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
With or without a phone?

Without = minutes = 8
With = seconds = 10

But if you are Osama Bin Laden Years!
edit on 5/6/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
11 they already have found you. You are already on the net.

ETA didnt fully read the OP

For me it would probably be an 8 or higher. I have a phone, use the net, that seems to be enough.
edit on 6-5-2011 by TraptInTheSystem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ugh!

I would be an 8. But then again I have nothing to hide from them so why would they come for me?

....just one thing, you have a computer to post this message, therefore they can find you!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm going to say 8, no credit cards, cell phone isn't in my name, but I have a job and pay taxes, so they know where I am.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

10. I dont use a cell phone, etc. but I have an easily trackable paper trail, and Im not doing anything at all to hide or make it difficult for them to find me if they want me.

Im not doing anything my Constitution doesnt allow, Im not breaking any laws, im not inciting any violence, if they want to arrest or kill me for not liking and speaking out against the things THEY do that undermine my Constitution, violate law, and incite violence, oh well. I guess I am going to end up dead or in jail, and c'est la vive. Death/incarceration happens. You cant live in fear. Its not really living.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh I would be a definite 10, if they really wanted me they would.......

Hold that thought one second, there is someone at the door.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
11 im in school it would take them about 10 seconds to find out where i live (depending on their internet connection)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Finally! I'm a 10!

Woohoo!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
yes, of course we are all stand up, law abiding citizens.
while online anyhow.
it is a hypothetical situation.
it was bad intel from a beaten prisoner at gitmo.
he made your name up. i know, what are the odds?

computer for me is not an issue.
if they want to raid me here at my 78 year old fathers place, have at it.
the only other connection i get is wifi at coffee shops, hotels, libraries, wherever
i need to jump online for a spell.
i romp a lot, hence the handle.
edit on 6-5-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

1; you live in a cave and don't even use currency.
10; there is a chip in your head and they know your location at this very moment.

Probably 9 .
Homeowner, rural management has a map with all names listed for each property, because there are no house addresses here.
Driver's license, insurances, bills, taxes, internet connection......

If at home, there's no way to hide.

Away from home - that changes everything - Canadian northern wilderness, equipped with snowmobile shacks complete with firewood

Thankfully, if TSHTF, our government has told us before, to not expect help for up to at least 3 weeks, if rural, we're short on population, and Canada doesn't waste it's tax dollars that much on controlling its people. If we're not openly misbehaving, they generally don't bother with us.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

they are down the street..listening as i speak..

i cant even "pee" with-out intervention..

you want a number??

ok 25..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

*face palm*

i do own recreational land. off the grid, but it is in my name, i do pay prop. tax.
it's cheap, and not easy to get to.
i'm there less than 4 months a year.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Im not saying that I couldnt be targeted, or that the fact that I am law abiding will protect me from any abuses. Im just saying I dont let fear of what they MIGHT do change my behavior. I personally dont have such a big ego that I feel that anyone important cares about me, but if they did, oh well.

I speak out because I want the laws to protect us from abuses of power. I want to protect and preserve our rights. I dont shrug my shoulders or say "why should I care, Im not doing anything wrong" because I believe that if you dont protect the rights of others, you jeopardize your own.

But, I wont live in fear. Its not worth it. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

don't use cellphone or any phone, only use internet, don't let anyone know my plans and only my friends and you guys know what i'm thinking.

I wouldn't make it easy for them.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

basically similar.
i just choose to live my life in the woods, off the grid, disconnected from society as much as possible.
i still make a living and enjoy my life.
i just consider the possibility that some day soon they may want to remove the freedom of living like i do.

they already are for the most part.
forest service locking gates that lead into 'our' national forests.
that is just for starters.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

*face palm*

i do own recreational land. off the grid, but it is in my name, i do pay prop. tax.
it's cheap, and not easy to get to.
i'm there less than 4 months a year.

Well there you go, when you're there, you're easier to find - good that it's hard to get to. And you would still be hard to find if you're out fishing/hunting/hiking.....

With the power of their spy satellites though, you might be a little higher than a 3, at times.......

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I live in hotels and tear out the walls,

I have accountants pay for it all,

Just leave a message and maybe I'll call.

Life's been good to me so far.

edit on 6/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

ok, i concede.
3.5 it is.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Me a 10 I don't try to hide. I learned a long time ago, if someone want to find you they will, phone or no phone, internet or no internet, home in your name or not.

The only way you MIGHT to be able to make their job more difficult is if you live constantly on the move, or in a cave.....I have no interest in either of those options.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join