It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Wilkerson's 1974 Predictions...Right Again! This could be HUGE.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

This may 21st stuff; There was a preacher around the turn of the century named Miller he had a similar prediction complete with a specific date of Christs return. Needless to say it did not turn out and as a result he lost many followers but there were no suicides or other craziness to my knowledge. He did not lose all his followers and today they are the Seventh Day Adventists and they refer to this event as the great disappointment.
I believe Miller was sincere, however the founder of this May 21st movement may be trying to start his own cult or division of Christianity seeing that it worked for Miller; he may, crassly, be figuring he will lose 50% of his congregation after this does not happen and that will still leave him a lot of followers. By their estimation only 200,000 or so will be saved.
If anyone stands up and says that a specific date is the day of Jesus' return you know that they are wrong; The Bible states "The day & hour no man shall know" certainly not a retired engineer.
His followers seem a little brainwashed they will not think about what they will do if May 22nd comes around and they are stll here because that would be "disbelieving the Bible"

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Couple of things that caught my eye also.

The Beginning of Sorrows Floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and hailstorms will occur more frequently. More than one-third of the United States will be designated a disaster area within the next few years. (more details in the book)

Predicted in 1974?

So then he predicted all of this stuff thinking it was going to happen in the late 1970's? Well if that's the case he was most certainly wrong....given enough time I'm sure events will conspire through coincedance to make his predictions come true...but how long before we consider them to be invalid? He's already 20 years late if they come to pass now.....So if they don't then what? If they come to pass in 200 years are people still going to be saying he predicted them?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
And on that day, the sun will shine at noon, and the forces of nature will shake the foundations of the East, and a mighty river will become a sea, and the East will not know where the West has gone. A sea with many fountains will come in the time span of the outgoing tide, and the west will become a vast sea. The waters from the deep will roll upon the dry ground and many will perish. The place of old, Memphis will be no more, and in it's place, it will be called New Israel. etc. etc, and I could go on and on. Right now were waiting for Brother Camping's prediction of the end of the world in about 11 or so days, this will be his second prediction, but usually after one......... well you loose credabillity. Thing is I like the guy, think He really wants to get the word out..... just that it's not going to happen and he will once again have egge on his face, and I hate seeing that, as I say, I like the guy. Come on ...... you have to be more like : Between August first through August twentieth there will be an earthquake above 9.0 along the Mississippi river, the split will widen to twentyfive miles, great volcanic activity will lead to wind and tornado disturbances followed by hail of enormous size and continuous lightning ......know what I mean, something with information and boundaries.

If you go with the Bible content, there was a promise made by God that he will not destroy humanity with the flood again. If a major "end of the world" is to come, according to Bible it will be by fire (most likely Sun?). So nobody should freak out about the flooding that's happening right now and think this is the end of the world.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Amberry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The prediction about an EQ in Japan is...predictable. the prediction about the following EQ was more specific; in an area unexpected and would trigger two other quakes seems like that part is more out on a limb.
"not too distant future" yeah what does that mean?

"he seemed to have been a good man that helped a bunch of people...great. I think preachers should get out of the fortune telling business though and let their helpfulness to mankind stand out above trying to be a nostradamous".

Hear hear a couple of bad predictions and thats what people remember. or at least it gives detractors something to latch onto.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amberry

Originally posted by Plotus
And on that day, the sun will shine at noon, and the forces of nature will shake the foundations of the East, and a mighty river will become a sea, and the East will not know where the West has gone. A sea with many fountains will come in the time span of the outgoing tide, and the west will become a vast sea. The waters from the deep will roll upon the dry ground and many will perish. The place of old, Memphis will be no more, and in it's place, it will be called New Israel. etc. etc, and I could go on and on. Right now were waiting for Brother Camping's prediction of the end of the world in about 11 or so days, this will be his second prediction, but usually after one......... well you loose credabillity. Thing is I like the guy, think He really wants to get the word out..... just that it's not going to happen and he will once again have egge on his face, and I hate seeing that, as I say, I like the guy. Come on ...... you have to be more like : Between August first through August twentieth there will be an earthquake above 9.0 along the Mississippi river, the split will widen to twentyfive miles, great volcanic activity will lead to wind and tornado disturbances followed by hail of enormous size and continuous lightning ......know what I mean, something with information and boundaries.

If you go with the Bible content, there was a promise made by God that he will not destroy humanity with the flood again. If a major "end of the world" is to come, according to Bible it will be by fire (most likely Sun?). So nobody should freak out about the flooding that's happening right now and think this is the end of the world.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Amberry because: (no reason given)

According to his prediction this is not the destruction of mankind only the death of many. Then it could also be possible that the recent string of intense earthquakes around the world are man made and therefore is not God's hand in them. I remember hearing of a prophecy I believe Nostradamus made about earthquakes and the fact that there will be man made ones and it would be a while before the truth is discovered.

I don't believe we are going to see the end of the world but it is quite possible that things are going to drastically change.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is my first post so hope I do it right... Anyway, I reading this forum and it mentioned that somewhere that is not known for earthquakes will experience them. Well today I was reading the dailymail.com (it's a British paper) and I read that Maine has had some earthquakes. I thought that was strange.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't get why people think there have been an increase in big earthquakes... they've always been around and I've seen many things that state that there has not really been an increase... I think with all this doomsday stuff looming people just notice bad things more than they usually would.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hello all, I'm writing this in an effort to take another look at the earthquake prediction of a preacher, David Wilkerson. This prediction was in a book written by him in 1974, based on a prophetic vision he had in 1973. There are several older threads on this but a fresh look is very very important...

A little info...

David Wilkerson (May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011[1]) was an American Christian evangelist, best known for his book The Cross and the Switchblade. He was the founder of the addiction recovery program Teen Challenge, and founding pastor of the non-denominational Times Square Church in New York.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, from his 1974 book, The Vision -

The United States is going to experience in the not-too-distant future the most tragic earthquakes in its history. One day soon this nation will be reeling under the impact of the biggest news story of modern times. It will be coverage of the biggest most disastrous earthquake in history.

It will cause widespread panic and fear, Without a doubt, it will become one of the most completely reported earthquake ever. Television networks will suspend all programming and carry all day coverage.

Here's the kicker-

Another earthquake , possibly in Japan may precede the one that I see coming here. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind about this forthcoming massive earthquake in our continent.

Japan, huh?

heavenissoreal.info...

AND...check this out-

On April 27, 2011, while driving east on US Route 175 in Texas, Wilkerson crossed into the westbound lane and collided head-on with a tractor trailer. He was reportedly not wearing his seat belt, and was pronounced dead on the scene. His wife was wearing a seat belt, and was injured

R.I.P.

AND...an eerie statement shortly before he died-

Rev. Wilkerson's last blog post stated the following: "To those going through the valley and shadow of death, hear this word: Weeping will last through some dark, awful nights," he wrote, "and in that darkness you will soon hear the Father whisper, `I am with you. I cannot tell you why right now, but one day it will all make sense. You will see it was all part of my plan. It was no accident.

Thoughts?

edit on 6-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

I don't know much about David Wilkerson, but i have been following this psychic medium's predictions very closely ever since he predicted Michael Jackson's death before it happened a few years ago. His name is Joseph Tittel.

He says that the largest earthquake ever recorded is going to hit California sometime this year:

spiritmanjoseph.blogspot.com...

"For years I have been having feelings and visions of a quake that will occur in mid state of California that would be felt from hundreds of miles away. This Earthquake I keep seeing would be the largest recorded earthquake, damage wise, than ever before. The Earth shakes so hard that it cause large cracks and sinkholes that swallow up structures, buildings and even people. One crack is so large that it literally begins to fill rapidly with water therefore causing part of the state to break up in several places and creating new rivers and other bodies of water"

Now most skeptics will right take this with a grain of salt considering all the failed psychic predictions about a major EQ in california in years past. But if you continue to read through his 2011 predictions, you'll see he also predicted the Japan EQ/Tsunami, as well as the nuclear fallout.

What scares me the most though is when you connect the dots you see a very bleak picture - and let's not forget that Edgar Cayce (who was regarded as a legit psychic medium by the US government) predicted many years ago that the US (and entire world) geography would be altered signficantly in the future. He never really pinpointed a time frame, but all signs seem to point to the present time period.

This isn't a fantasy people - I'm not saying that 2012 is real. But consider the (scientific) fact that we've had 3 mega thrust EQ's in the last 7 years, including two in the last 13 months. These are apparently events that only happen every 500 - 1000 years according to scientists. So is this just a coincidence? I don't believe so.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I remember reading Edgar Cayce prophesied wide spread flooding, but I don't recall a major earthquake. Does anyone know if Edgar Cayce prophesied a major earthquake in the U.S.?

He predicted that violent seismic/volcanic activity would destroy the west coast and mid west. So presumably he was talking about the New Madrid, Cascadia and San Andreas rupturing - all within the same time period as well.

Here also stated that Japan will be devestated and the greater portion of it's land mass will sink into the ocean. We may have witnessed the first stage of this event on March 11, with the worst yet to come.

Here is some good info on Caycee and his earth changes prophecies:

www.dreamscape.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I guess I feel mostly caught on the side of rationality with this one. It just seems too vague to say what he said, especially without detailed dates etc. Most people on the street, if you were to ask them what they thought were the earthquake centrals in the world, they would most likely say California and or Japan. The man however was a great man, may he rest in peace.

As for the current times, I feel myself on the fence, leaning one way or the other depending on the day. Today is more of a rational day for me, and I have to say and acknowledge that yes things are pretty crazy in the world right now with all of the natural disasters and political tensions. Yet, I feel as though seeing as we are the first global generation, through assistance of technology and the internet, I have to say that because we are emerging as a global community, that we are more aware of the disasters and thus think there are more than usual. But who knows, at the end of the day we all go to bed without the assurance of tomorrow. And even tomorrow, my opinion and possibly yours will be different that today.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

According to his prediction this is not the destruction of mankind only the death of many. Then it could also be possible that the recent string of intense earthquakes around the world are man made and therefore is not God's hand in them. I remember hearing of a prophecy I believe Nostradamus made about earthquakes and the fact that there will be man made ones and it would be a while before the truth is discovered.

I don't believe we are going to see the end of the world but it is quite possible that things are going to drastically change.

you outlined things perfectly. i believe there is a little less than 8 years for earth. it starts with alot of death.

“When the great time will come, in which mankind will face its last, hard trial, it will be foreshadowed by striking changes in nature; the alteration between cold and heat will become more intensive, storms will have more catastrophic effects, earthquakes will destroy greater regions and the seas will overflow many lowlands. Not all of it will be the result of natural causes, but man will penetrate into the bowels of the earth and will reach into the clouds, gambling with its own existence. Before the powers of destruction will succeed in their design, the universe will be thrown into disorder, and the age of iron will plunge into nothingness.”

this is a prediction by Johann Friede, he was an austrian monk. he made it in the 13th century. the bold part sounds like haarp, doesn't it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuoatx

are you sure? when the last time there was an EQ in Italy ?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This got all my attention. I've read several of his books, and while i am always especially careful with christian "personalities", he's passed all my "tests" ... as someone else said, this guy gets more credits than most. I hink calling him a "prophet" would be accurate, he said things that were both very unpopular, and mostly true. He did this at great personal risk, and he just didn't fade away like swaggert and the rest, faithful to the end, albeit a rather dim end, his time here was done.

That being said, a prophet could only be either a fool or the real deal, and while most are fools, you only need 1 real deal to mess everything up. Guys like Harold Camping don't even get past the gate with me, they just SMELL bad, you know? You can feel that slimy self serving ego a mile away, his giving a date is clue 1. His trying again on a second date, FAIL. No prophecy has ever given a date, although usually there are some "clues" as to when, but no natural event follows our julian calender.

The other comment here relates to the number of debunkers, people who come in here merely to ... i have no idea, show the world their wit and wisdom, while same time proving that light travels faster than sound. (they look bright until they speak). Nothing is fixed, not even natural sciences, and some of us are able to debate what-if's without clinging feverishly to some belief in truth, be it scientific or even personal belief.

I'm reading a few threads at the moment, that all dovetail into a fairly simple cohesion:
1. The world is screwed (politics, wars, hunger, etc)
2. Any sentient being, human, God, mother earth, whoever, would be tired of us, we KNOW this.
3. Stuff happens, all the time, sometimes more than other times

But past that, there's a thread running from pre-history till the present, TSHTF scenario. That a christian minister ALSO tapped into "the future" isn't that astounding, that he correlates with blokes like Cayce (who he would consider an opposite) is quite alarming to me. Different sides of the same coin, and they're both saying if you're in Amerika, move or swim. Christians, moslems, hindus and quite a few others are all expecting this, and the current leaders are also encouraging this topic through movies and over hyping "possibilities".

IF something was coming, a large event that is not unknown to us humans, possibly just forgotten, and you had knowledge of this, imagine the advantage you could gain? In terms of personal survival sure, but also the ability to gain power over others, which is the elixir that TPTB have always been after.

This isn't what i wanted to say at all, but i hope it's added something to this thread, which i'll be following closely.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country. Luke 4:24

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join