It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Wilkerson's 1974 Predictions...Right Again! This could be HUGE.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hello all, I'm writing this in an effort to take another look at the earthquake prediction of a preacher, David Wilkerson. This prediction was in a book written by him in 1974, based on a prophetic vision he had in 1973. There are several older threads on this but a fresh look is very very important...

A little info...

David Wilkerson (May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011[1]) was an American Christian evangelist, best known for his book The Cross and the Switchblade. He was the founder of the addiction recovery program Teen Challenge, and founding pastor of the non-denominational Times Square Church in New York.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, from his 1974 book, The Vision -

The United States is going to experience in the not-too-distant future the most tragic earthquakes in its history. One day soon this nation will be reeling under the impact of the biggest news story of modern times. It will be coverage of the biggest most disastrous earthquake in history.

It will cause widespread panic and fear, Without a doubt, it will become one of the most completely reported earthquake ever. Television networks will suspend all programming and carry all day coverage.

Here's the kicker-

Another earthquake , possibly in Japan may precede the one that I see coming here. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind about this forthcoming massive earthquake in our continent.

Japan, huh?

heavenissoreal.info...

AND...check this out-

On April 27, 2011, while driving east on US Route 175 in Texas, Wilkerson crossed into the westbound lane and collided head-on with a tractor trailer. He was reportedly not wearing his seat belt, and was pronounced dead on the scene. His wife was wearing a seat belt, and was injured

R.I.P.

AND...an eerie statement shortly before he died-

Rev. Wilkerson's last blog post stated the following: "To those going through the valley and shadow of death, hear this word: Weeping will last through some dark, awful nights," he wrote, "and in that darkness you will soon hear the Father whisper, `I am with you. I cannot tell you why right now, but one day it will all make sense. You will see it was all part of my plan. It was no accident.

Thoughts?

edit on 6-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is such a broad prediction. Any smart individual who follows the EQ activity and fault line updates knows that Japan Italy and California are the most active. Dozens of EQs a day. I predict that a huge EQ will happen in the near future, and it's somewhere in the western hemisphere. With a preemptive EQ in Italy. yeah
edit on 6-5-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well, first, he was a pretty amazing guy, whether you're religious or not. He helped MANY people change their lives for the better. Second - I am shocked that he was not wearing his seat belt...! But, if it was 'No accident', then...

As for the predictions? Only time will tell.
Interesting Post though - thank you.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Good find - very interesting considering he names Japan followed by California - did he make any other predictions.

Making predictions of quakes on the 'Ring of Fire' is I guess pretty much a given but the size of Japans Quake was exceptional.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Couple of things that caught my eye also.

The Beginning of Sorrows Floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and hailstorms will occur more frequently. More than one-third of the United States will be designated a disaster area within the next few years. (more details in the book)

I am not at all convinced that this earthquake will take place in California. In fact, I believe it is going to take place where it is least expected. This terrible earthquake may happen in an area that not known as an earthquake belt. It will be so high on the Richter scale that it will trigger two other major earthquakes.

I believe we are going to witness the bankruptcies of some of this nation’s major and most popular corporations. I see tremendous difficulty arising for credit corporations. There are going to be many people unable to pay off their heavy obligations to major credit card companies causing near-chaos. Thousand of small businesses will also be forced into bankruptcies. Three and possibly four of the major religious denominations will be forced to operate with skeleton organization due to a lack of funds. More than a few churches are going to go bankrupt and a number of independent missionary societies and church organizations are going to have to pull back. All but a few of the radio and television ministries will have to be abandoned. The President of the United States will make one and possibly two, national radio and TV appearances to reassure the nation that all is well and that the best of economic times is just ahead. It will not work. People will distrust these statements ad their fears will lead to revolution at the polls. The auto industry is going to be hurt badly. Makers of recreational vehicles are going to get hit very hard. Appliance inventories will pile up and sales will fall off drastically.

Predicted in 1974?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I didn't see where he said California which makes it even scarier for me (not that I am not praying for you Californians). I just wonder if the future Navy Map of America will come to fruition. Hope not!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not trying to cast doom, New Madrid ?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

New Madrid was my guess also.
Very eerie, that this could come to pass.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This just in.

Stunning foresight; Man predicts that earthquakes happen in the US.

And that they also happen in Japan.

Honestly, this is a joke. Japan has major, major earth quakes and have built their homes around earthquakes for centuries.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It could truly be anywhere......

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for the post...

1974 is what led me to starting this thread, it's amazing.

+11 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Signals

This just in.

Stunning foresight; Man predicts that earthquakes happen in the US.

And that they also happen in Japan.

Honestly, this is a joke. Japan has major, major earth quakes and have built their homes around earthquakes for centuries.

If it's a joke...

Why are you hanging out in the Predictions Forum? For giggles?

Was Japan's disaster a joke too?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Well if he knew his 'accident' was going to happen it could mean that the 'accident' was self induced.
Suicide?
I don't really know anything about this man so i couldn't comment on his mental state, but if he posted a comment on his blog that it was "no accident" it could mean he was planning it.

i do find his predictions interesting yet a little general as some of the others noted.

OnlyLove

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Mark MY words, in the not-too-distant future, there will be floods in one part of the US, and soon after, there will be an earthquake on the west coast!

--his prediction was just as vague. Of course there will be earthquakes in California and Japan. Japan's building codes require each structure withstand a 9.0 earthquake (this according to my engineer friend). Why? Not because of a preacher's prediction....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

sounds like a winner to me,half if not more is evident.and the alarms are going off about the rest of it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
This is such a broad prediction. Any smart individual who follows the EQ activity and fault line updates knows that Japan Italy and California are the most active. Dozens of EQs a day. I predict that a huge EQ will happen in the near future, and it's somewhere in the western hemisphere. With a preemptive EQ in Italy. yeah

(fixed so I could read it)

Sounds like you are quite a prophet....Please start a new thread based on your predictions, I await with eager anticipation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

"no accident" could also mean "they" were hot on his trail...perhaps he had received threats based on the predictions? That's pure speculation, but it's not like we can ask him now...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That's actually pretty fascinating.
Thanks for posting, I'm going to do some further reading on it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No real "thoughts." Just a comment. I got a dream several weeks ago that I believe was a "message" from what I think of as "God," and it just showed me that millions of people would soon be dying all at once. And the bottom line was not to let it bother me, that it was ok, they (we?) were all returning to "God" and just to accept it as the way we returned more or less.

I dont know how, when, (except for a vague feeling that it must be soon, within a year) and of course I cant know if it was only a random dream. It felt different to me, but only time will tell.

Nice thread, I hadnt heard of this guy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Teen Challenge has helped many many people..I thank the good pastor for that. As for his predictions I know about the same time period from the late 60's to the early 70's Edgar Cayce made a come back and a few books of his predictions were published.

For many who lived through that era the "60's" it seemed like a time a great upheaval, you don't need me to give you a history lesson on that, however prophecy made a big come back as did the Jesus Freak movement.

Here's what Edgar Cayce's book said

“As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye …” Edgar Cayce reading 3976-15

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f1eddca25ae.jpg[/atsimg]
The Sleeping Prophet Edgar Cayce

Link: www.edgarcayce.org...
Their is also a thread on EC on ATS : www.abovetopsecret.com...
Disasters leave an indelible mark on the collective unconscious it seems and those are willing to go into a trans state and access the data are few. Over all most people enjoy reading prophecy and predictions and if they come true..well fame and money seem to follow. I enjoyed your post cheers coco

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join