It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

The stance on segregation at the time is a good example and measure on the true agenda of those who called themselves libertarians at the time. Are all libertarians racist? No, but I certainly did not see a vocal libertarian movement to end it. Now, it's 2011, and all of a sudden it's the FASCIST GOVERNMENT!

You are referring to Jim Crow laws, where the state created laws that forced businesses to segregate. In a society dominated by libertarians, such segregation could only exist at the behest of the business owner, not by the enforcement of the State. That business owner, who would choose to discriminate, would find him/herself suddenly with less than half the income of a business that chose not too.

Now, because the federal government stepped in, you have no idea what kind of restaurant you are eating in. If you are a black male and walk into a place owned by the grand wizard of the KKK, you could order a steak, and get something the cook wiped his butt with, he could be served a beer mixed with piss, all because there is no sign on the door that says "whites only". In a essence, people are supporting racist business owners without even knowing it now.

A restaurant is private property, and a person has a right to discriminate on private property. You do it all the time yourself, by choosing who you will, or will not let in your house. You discriminate every day. You choose your friends by discriminating others, pick your husband, or your wife in much the same way. Free association is not a bad thing, it's human nature.

Had the market been allowed to work on it's own, Racist business owners would have ended up were they belong, bankrupt and on the street.

edit on 6-5-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Everything you are afraid of happening could also happen on a federal level but it does not. Why do you think that these horrible things would happen on a state level? The feds can and have encroached on our personal choices. They can commit every single atrocity you are afraid of. That scares the crap out of me because, if the feds did it, there's no where to run. If a state does it, just cross the border.

Good lord, how do you think any small nation functions? Do you think the USSR functioned better before it split up? Giving a state more freedoms is exactly that: more freedoms. To assume that some states would just instantly turn into some 1950's era Mississippi is probably pretty insulting to many southerners (I know I would be pretty pissed if I were a southerner).

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Im very serious. The country is not on the fast track to destruction. That's simply not true. This country is a very resilient nation. This recent recession is far form the worst we've had.....

I am sorry Gordi but that is just not true.

Here are the FACTS as to why:

In 1970, 24% of the labor force was in manufacturing producing real wealth. Today less than 9% are in manufacturing. The biggest employer today is the Federal government (17%) followed by Walmart, Kelly Temp services, McDonald's and UPS. THAT does not give me the warm fuzzies about our economy.

So what happened?

Whether you blame the leveraged buyout feeding frenzies of the 80's that destroyed major companies like Gillette, Polysar and Digital Equipment or the World Trade Organization “Free Trade” agreement of the 90's the result is the same, America has been quietly sold off piece by piece. This is a sampling of the industries with over 50% foreign ownership, according to Source Watch www.sourcewatch.org...

* Sound recording industries - 97%
* Commodity contracts dealing and brokerage - 79%
* Motion picture and sound recording industries - 75%
* Metal ore mining - 65%
* Wineries and distilleries - 64%
* Database, directory, Book and other publishers - 63%
* Cement, concrete, lime, and gypsum product - 62%
* Engine, turbine and power transmission equipment - 57%
* Rubber product - 53%
* Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing - 53%
* Plastics and rubber products manufacturing - 52%
* Other insurance related activities - 51%
* Boiler, tank, and shipping container - 50%
* Glass and glass product - 48%
* Coal mining – 48%

A real eye opener isn't it. But it gets worse. The Department of Homeland Security says 80% of our ports are operated by Foreigners and they are buying and running US bridges and toll roads. www.alabamaeagle.org...

Up for grabs at the negotiating table is worldwide privatization and deregulation of public energy and water utilities, postal services, higher education and state alcohol distribution controls; a new right for foreign firms to obtain U.S. Small Business Administration loans; elimination of a list of specific U.S. state laws about land use, professional licensing and consumer protections, and extreme deregulation of private-sector service industries such as insurance, banking, mutual funds and securities. www.commondreams.org...

Statistics (courtesy of Bridgewater) showed in 1990, before WTO was ratified, Foreign ownership of U.S. assets amounted to 33% of U.S. GDP. By 2002 this had increased to over 70% of U.S. GDP. www.fame.org...

That leaves less than 30% of the GDP owned by Americans. Of that 16% is thanks to Agriculture and that is under attack.

The Food Safety Farce that has just been enacted into law will remove the independent farmers from the land and drive up food prices as the Ag Cartel grabs complete control of our food supply. Please understand farmers have ONE buyer, the Food Cartel who sets the price they will pay the farmer. The spread between farm prices and consumer prices has been widening for years. Making the food cartel rich and bankrupting farmers.

This means the added cost of the new regulations can not be passed on to the consumer. Farmers already work an outside job to support their farms. They do not have the extra time or money to deal with these regulations. In 2002 the Average age of the principal operator was 55.3. "According to the 2002 Census of Agriculture, 50 percent of the farmers are 55 years of age or older" With bewildering piles of paperwork and HUGE FINES coupled with up to ten years in Jail, wouldn't you just give up and retire instead?

Forty-one percent of U.S. total land area is farmland (938.28 million acres). In 1900, the average farm size was 147 acres, compared to 441 acres today....

More than three million people farm or ranch in the United States. Individuals, family partnerships or family corporations operate almost 99 percent of U.S. farms. Over 22 million people are employed in farm or farm-related jobs...

The top five agricultural commodities are cattle and calves, dairy products, broilers, corn and soybeans. U.S. farmers produce 46% of the world’s soybeans, 41% of the world’s corn, 20.5% of the world’s cotton and 13% of the world’s wheat.

Nicole Johnson takes this core issue - the food we eat - and documents the sixty-five years of behind the scenes manipulation leading up to "Food Safety Modernization Act" see www.opednews.com...

Doreen Hannes gives the react of intelligent farmers to the new law "LET THEM EAT GRASS" This is because the WTO - mandated "traceability" allows the Ag Cartel to pass liability for food borne illnesses back to a farmer and remain unscathed. I for one will no longer be selling on the open market. My insurance company has already told me that they will not cover lawsuits based on illness. Instead I will be raising all of my own food and the idiots in the city can starve for all I care!

In 1974 Henry Kissinger stated: "...control food and you control the people...."

Purdue University Ag Economics Professor, John Conner wrote several papers on the Ag Cartel including "THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME: FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS OF THE 1990s" www.agecon.purdue.edu...

What all this means is we have doubled the money supply between 2008 and now, (this will eventually double the price of goods) many Americans are employed at dead-end low paying jobs, the world has had a series of bad harvests and as USDA Undersecretary Mark Keenum said “Our cupboard is bare.”

Now the US government just royally ticked off the people who grow your food with an idiotic burdensome law that saddles them with the very real potential for multi-million dollar lawsuits.

No Manufacturing, No good jobs and food costs about to soar and we are not in a world of hurt???

Oh you should read Food Safety’s Scorched Earth Policy One farmer I just talked to says he loses 1/3 of his crops to deer.(330 ac) If he has to destroy 30 feet on each side of the tracks he will have so little left he might as well not bother. He plants 3000 ac.

“I was driving by a field where a squirrel fed off the end of the field, and so 30 feet in we had to destroy the crop,” he said. “On one field where a deer walked through, didn’t eat anything, just walked through and you could see the tracks, we had to take out 30 feet on each side of the tracks and annihilate the crop.”Â

In the verdant farmland surrounding Monterey Bay, a national marine sanctuary and one of the world’s biological jewels, scorched-earth strategies are being imposed on hundreds of thousands of acres in the quest for an antiseptic field of greens. And the scheme is about to go national.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I would ask Gorgi to research how the US Govt was run prior to the creation of the Federal Reserve. He may be interested to know that our Founding Fathers discussed the pros and cons of a Central Bank.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Is this a joke? Perhaps you dont understand that ron paul wants to take these organizations and place theyre responibilities into the hands of the govt. And might I ask what federal body is the federal reserve last I checked it wasnt federal at all it is a private central bank. Im not even gonna waste my time explaining more you obviously know more than me. FEMA responds to disasters yeah right ask ppl from new orleans during katrina. It was established as a continuity of government program...but what do I know. Go watch some more fox news

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'm glad you are clear on your stance. States have NO right to implement such laws, but it's clear members here support states to do whatever the hell they want. Apparently, it's only fascism when the federal goverment does it and I've made it clear, that is not the case.

Thanks for the reply, sorry I was feisty back there.

I agree with you here 100%.

It doesn't matter "who" does it, if anyone or anything does it, it's wrong and needs to be stopped.

The ideals of authoritarianism and oppression blend into virtually everything. Not just Federal Govt, and not just governments worldwide in general.

What it all boils down to is this:

Someone else tells you what to do and uses threats of bad consequences to enforce you doing it. Or they will just arbitrarily stomp on your civil liberties as a human being through forceful measures.

This is the main problem we humans have on Earth historically and today in the modern world. Out of check rampant Authoritarianism and Tyranny.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think making Heroin legal is a good idea.
At least then addicts can get it by script from a Doctor rather than from a stranger who has mixed god knows what with it.

I don't know why parents are getting all up in arms about it.
It's not like it's going to be sold next to the soda and crisps at the local shop.

It'll only be legally available to adults and only sold through select places away from children.

I'm not into any type of illicit drugs myself, as I'm sure Ron Paul isn't either, but that doesn't mean you have to put your head in the sand that people DO BUY IT AND USE IT.
So harm minimisation would be first priority. Not to mention that the cost would go down hence putting a lot of drug dealers out of business.
Less drug related crime. And less money spent on incarcerating drug users. A win - win if you ask me.

Just because something is LEGAL doesn't mean everyone is going to use it.
If that was the case there would no non smokers or tea totallers.
We'd ALL be sucking on cigarettes and drunk as skunks...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Seriously!? Facts!? You just came from some place far off didn't you?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I like the fact that you are responding to people's posts. Its funny how nobody can take you seriously. I know I can't. But I'll play ball any way, and I don't appreciate the way people write you off without being armed with facts or at least the threat of them. The first link of yours "proving Paul wrong" I visited was FactCheck.org. Its first claims that Ron Paul has various conspiracy theories about NAFTA, but no such highway was being planned. The first thing I did when that NAFTA debate came up was looked at the Texas Department of Transportation website, which clearly and concisely stated that they were planning a "NAFTA superhighway". Well gee, FactCheck.org needs to check their facts better. Last time I checked, the Texas Department of Transporation is not a group of crazy conspiracy theorists. In fact I'm pretty sure they would be the ones to actually build the highway, hence their reason for posting plans to create what they called a "NAFTA superhighway" on their website.

Do I need to dredge out the ancient facts out from 2007 or can we move on to the next point? I just want to know what you'd think about the Texas Department of Transportation saying they're planning out a NAFTA superhighway. Because chances are, if you saw it on the TxDOT website, I bet you wouldn't recant your claims. So thats why I'll wait for you to admit in advance you would be wrong if such a webpage does exist (or can be proven to have existed).

No ATS post has ever had so many incorrect claims laid out all in one post. I'll be happy to tear each one of your figments of imagination to pieces more completely than I've ever done on any other thread. Are you game? Are you ready for some real fact-checking that will leave egg on Fact-Check.org's face (and your face)? I'd love to start with the NAFTA superhighway and work from there. In 2007 people actually were so retarded as to say Ron Paul was a "conspiracy theorist" for mentioning the NAFTA superhighway, when in point of fact TxDot spent big bucks on what they very clearly called the "NAFTA superhighway" and in fact it wasn't any secret at all... but rather public information that anybody could easily find on the internet with a basic Google search. So lets go and see who's wrong about what. I welcome that. Can you really handle it is my question? Are you ready to take every last fact to the bitter end of research in the order you listed them off?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen: STOP!!! I repeat...STOP!!!

Do not feed the TROLLS!!!!!!

Seriously... LOVE - Foreshdow

Disinfo... to get your blood flowing??? I think so!!! - Proto....where r u my friend??

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Your whole argument rests on the premise that bigger government is good

Is bigger government justified under a state level? If Texas was to criminalize any woman who carried out an abortion for whatever reason, if they were to outright ban gay marriage and reinforce the religious institution of marriage in place, or if they were to establish their own racial segregation laws within their borders, would this be fine for you?

Libertarianism showed it's true colours in the 60's and even before, its just a front. True libertarianism in my opinion is yet to be seen.

That has nothing to do with countless and pointless departments. You're mixing apples/oranges here. Bigger government vs government (state) laws. I actually agree with Paul to eliminate those departments that were discussed. As for state laws or potential state laws, if the people in the states voted for them, then that would be their right.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You sir, are completely ignorant.

"No one will be saved because FEMA isn't there!" "Who will we borrow money from when we want to go to war if there is no Federal Reserve?" "No bureau to regulate energy means no energy."

Seriously?

Get a clue.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I see clouds... : (

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

clearly youre about big government, corporate superiority, throwing our rights away, losing our sovereignty, not giving justice to those who are suffering in this country, dictatorship, tyrannical governments, a one world government & social strategic brainwashing.

i could go on, but something tells me you were paid to create this worthless thread.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I know.
Propaganda machine agents in ATS

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

RonTrolls do not even need to be paid. They are a computer sock puppet trick at least or an ignorant poorly trained shill or wanabee at best. No pay is required. This is not a professional attack in my opinion.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I really do not know what to say: : )

Ron Paul = Bad Guy = Check yourself!!!

Fed Reserve = Good = Seriously... "Check Yourself"

Plain and simple. For all the people that even wish for a "CHANGE" = Ron Paul

Change??? Real Change....what's that I hear??? = Ron Paul!!! +999999999

Forgive me if I just had a Root Canal and some pain killers tonight....but...Ron Paul has some amazing answers to our nations problems... B.T.W.

God Bless America - I Love You - And I want our soldiers home!!

I'm sick of the F*ing BS

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

He has a great reason to disband government agencies such as the DHS, DOE and FEMA. They use taxpayer money to give the job they are suppose to be doing to a subcontractor who recieves the bid without competing with other subcontractors in order to lower the price. These subcontractors then hire other subcontractors to do the work(governemnt hired contractors have been known for hire subcontractors to look for sunbcontractors to hire) and it keeps going this way till someone who isn't even local to the area is hired for extremely cheap. In turn the millions in government contracts gets stolen or used in the hiring of contractors. Then the job that agencies such as FEMA do is inadequete. Look at what happened in New Orleans. It became another Iraq where the rich lived in greenzone like gated communities and the poor lived in red-zone crime filled projects.

Also when it comes to monitoring the private sector, government agencies tend to give contracts to the private sector to monitor themselves. So it would be useful to disband the DOE and FDA that works for the corporation that hold oligopoly's and monopoly's.

As for disbanding the Federal Reserve, well you don't need me to tell you the necessity of that as every member here has already done so.

His economic reforms would be revolutionary. Yes tariffs reduce competition between local and foreign firms, however his promotion of free-market competition and reliance on small business would see inflation fall, where as you claim the opposite with no substantial proof.
edit on 7-5-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
hes not going to win! do you think the voting process (your ballets) actually count for something? dont you remember bush getting egged in his limo after winning? is human memory so short that we cant remember anything past 5 years clearly? republican/democrat/ this guy/ that guy whatever. ron paul is obviously not on board with the illuminati and if by some miracle of god the next voting period isnt jerry rigged and he actually wins, he will be assasinated just like jfk.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You know I don't have much respect towards any snake getting their hands in office. But I have to admit Ron Paul is probably the only person who is telling it like it is.
edit on 7-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join