It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Look before there was a federal reserve in 1913, we had a lot more economic problems on our hands. Since then they have been less, and not has bad.

Great Depression?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Look before there was a federal reserve in 1913, we had a lot more economic problems on our hands. Since then they have been less, and not has bad.

A strong independent central bank keeps inflation low. centeral bank independence

that pre 1913 dollar had the purchasing power of over $22 dollars today and was backed by gold

today there is over $1 trillion dollars of fiat currency circulating in this country and the rest of the world at any given time.

fiat currency means it has no value its just a piece of paper.

and if you take a good look around in this country today the federal reseve which as been said numerous times already is not owned by the government or the people in this country.

the federal reserve owns the money it sets the rates of every thing financial in this country that one single entity controls the entire destiny of this country.

we are talking about today man and things are seriously screwed up and this country is in dire straits and the biggest reason wealth has been destroyed in this country is due to the federal reserve.

the federal reserve is the very embodiment of pure fascism and anyone who supports it.
edit on 6-5-2011 by neo96 because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

centeral bank independence

Ummk... what's the national debt now like 7 billion or something...in 1913 you could have purchased all the land in the world for that amount of money. That's definately not "HAS" bad.

NO the national debt is not 7 billion. Its Higher. Debt isnt a bad thing really. Too much can be. The revolutionary was financed on debt.

Yes i do have a grammar and spelling problem, thanks for pointing that out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.
im not just going to stop in and call you a troll. ill go one step further.

you are either a troll or a shill, neither are really welcome here hence the flaming.

He could just be an honest to goodness moron. A shill or troll has an intent or plan which requires thought to set in motion. A moron is just a moron.

you're right, that could be. i'll give people more credit from now on

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ummk... what's the national debt now like 7 billion or something...in 1913 you could have purchased all the land in the world for that amount of money. That's definately not "HAS" bad.

NO the national debt is not 7 billion. Its Higher. Debt isnt a bad thing really. Too much can be. The revolutionary was financed on debt.

The revolutionary what? Yea Debt's not a bad thing when you can get/force tax payers to pay it off. Oh wait I'm a tax payer, dam.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To be fair, I don't think the OP is a "shill". I've been in his position. He's probably working on his finals for a conventional macro-economics course and is running on one publisher's opinion of the more recent events in our fiscal history. That's fine. I did (and still do) fall into that trap sometimes; it helps keep you interested in the course.

He is also very biased towards Ron Paul and believes a few lies about him (wants to run the government solely on tariffs?) that he's heard from one source or another.

I've come to the conclusive perspective of leaning towards Ron Paul after extensive independent research. You can't go to commentary blogs or opinion sites and start hating somebody without looking at facts. And you can't have "facts" about speculated alternate histories that never happened like you do when you say "he would ruin America" or that "without qe, we'd be screwed"... you can't know that. Nobody can. Without qe, we'd survive, then brush ourselves off, and then be more prosperous than before. How do you think we did things before? Microeconomics translates quite beautifully into macroeconomics. Many economics professors are split pretty evenly on that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by gorgi

Are you serious here? We shouldn't even have to say anything about this one. You've gotta be nothing more than a troll.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
4 flags ??

I hope members realize a thread making you laugh is NOT a reason to flag it..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread is a good joke lol. I laughed for a while atleast

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Reply to post by gorgi

So before you said the federal reserve is part of the government, now you say it's independant? You're almost as bad as the whole Osama story.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Its part of the government but has a certain degree of independence.

And which part of the Govt should it be in? Executive, Legislative or Judicial?
Can't seem to find where in the founding Documents it outlines what Branch you speak of?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

The Revolutionary war was funded by Americans, the weapons were hunting rifles, the uniforms often home made, and the food possessed by the army. What debt their was, was backed in Gold .. so the Government couldn't borrow to pay debt, like they do today. essentially there is a difference between "real debt" and "ponzi debt"
Our debt for the Revolutionary war was $75m dollars. By Andrew Jackson the debt was entirely paid off, and the US had no outstanding debt.

It wasn't until the Federalist war of aggression, the Civil War, that public debt became a mainstay of American life. Under a non-Federalist, non-reserve model, we incurred annually no debt except during war.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by gorgi

Great Depression?

That did happen. Look at the history of economic problems in the country. Then you will see the big difference.

Originally posted by neo96

A strong independent central bank keeps inflation low. centeral bank independence

that pre 1913 dollar had the pruchasing power of over $22 dollars today and was backed by gold

today there is is over $1 trillion of fiat currency circulation in this country and the rest of the world at any given time.

fiat currency means it has no value its just a piece of paper.

and if you take a good look around in this country today the federal resever which as been said numerous times already is not owned by the government or the people in this country.

the federal resever owns the money it sets the rates of every thing financial in this country that one single entity controls the entire destiny of this country.

we are talking about today man and things are seriously screwed up and this country is in dire straits and the biggest reason wealth has been destroyed in this country is due to the federal reserve.

the federal reserve is the very embodiment of pure fascism and anyone who supports it.

The economy of the world has changed since 1913. Gold standard doesn't work anymore. No one uses the gold standard for a reason. It doesn't work anymore. Here is why

Gold has no value unless people give it value. The dollar is back by the US government. The worlds only super power.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Debt is not a bad thing???
What school of economics did you go to?
What kind of crap is this?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok ,Gorgi left the building ..thanks for the laugh and say hello to your economic teacher

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You would have to change the corporate economic model for Gold standard to work ...

It would fail otherwise..

But ..... that's kinda the point.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

dude the us dollar is backed by nothing

a promisory note thats all

it has no value.

i got a news flash the us is NOT a super power we havent been one in a long time.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by gorgi

dude the us dollar is backed by nothing

a promisory note thats all

I think you mean I.O.U.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

what is an iou?

a promise to pay

tomato to mat o

nit picker

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by gorgi

The Revolutionary war was funded by Americans, the weapons were hunting rifles, the uniforms often home made, and the food possessed by the army. What debt their was, was backed in Gold .. so the Government couldn't borrow to pay debt, like they do today. essentially there is a difference between "real debt" and "ponzi debt"
Our debt for the Revolutionary war was $75m dollars. By Andrew Jackson the debt was entirely paid off, and the US had no outstanding debt.

It wasn't until the Federalist war of aggression, the Civil War, that public debt became a mainstay of American life. Under a non-Federalist, non-reserve model, we incurred annually no debt except during war.

The war was funded in part by debt. Guess what happened when Jackson paid off the debt. Recession hit!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Lets pause for a moment.
The problem that is in this thread is also inherent throughout America. WE don't need to be convinced of the dangers in the Fed, WE don't need to be told about what has happened to our country.

The problem is that the OP, like many in America, get their news and views spoon-fed to them from the nightly news or othr outlets.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It's obvious that many here on ATS have perfect vision. Lets try to educate (though I kid in my posts) and try to teach, to break the bond that have so many convinced that without government/big brother/big sister they are screwed.

Government is too big. It has gotten too big to even sustain itself. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join