It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Foodman

Bernanke’s QE2 Averts Deflation, Spurs Credit

"Ben S. Bernanke’s $600 billion strike against deflation is paying off, as stock and debt markets rise, bank lending grows and economists forecast faster growth. "

www.bloomberg.com...

Things keep looking better. QE2 was a huge success. Ron paul looks like a fool again.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Foodman because: none

I think you may be THE stupidest person in America.

Your doubt tactics don't work here, try another forum of fools like yourself.

If you do not like facts or dont believe anything that contradicts what you believe, then its hopeless showing you facts. Every time a something that is put up that you do not like, you dont believe it. If you close your eyes its not going to go away.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am pretty sure Ron Paul and his austrian school of economics theory is wrong! It would lead to stagnation or worse deflation in the long run.

We have two options. We can increase the money supply and therefore increase prices.

With this option which is what we have seen in my live time. Gas at $.20 => $4.00, Coke $0.10 => $1.29. Given wages lag the price increase it has been a net transfer from the working class to the elite.

The second option is to keep the money supply relatively constant with mining adding to the supply gradually.

So what happens ???

The ratio between money and goods changes and the prices fall. This is BAD??? The price of calculators and computers falling HURT the economy???

Ok. I see your point and must admit I got confused with "inflation, deflation, stagnation".

Wasn't the entire issue of "indepedent" private central banking to prevent inflation? Now they tell us quantitive easing by minor inflation is good yet the prices will go up again in relation to wages. I read your chart and agree 100% with what your saying.

My question is why then are most liberals->republicans and most conservatives-> democrats? Remember republican administrations spend 2-3 times more than democrat administrations. Are republican "conservatives" conservative only in relation to gay marriage, military and religion?

Why does Ron Paul stick around with those weasel SOBS if he expects respect&dignity? He should be on the libertarian or constitutionalist ticket, correct?

You really do not understand much economics. Its okay, I'm here to help. The more independent a central bank is the lower the inflation rate is. Increasing the money supply like in QE2 will cause inflation, but its nothing to worry about and we have a lower level of overall inflation.

As to why he is on the republican party instead of the libertarian, my guess is that he is becoming a shill.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
what is hopeless is this thread and the over 700 responses to the world according to gorgi.

second line wishes this thread could be flushed down the toilet because thats where it belongs.

propaganda minster the time is nigh.

to end the insanity of this thread.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
what is hopeless is this thread and the over 700 responses to the world according to gorgi.

second line wishes this thread could be flushed down the toilet because thats where it belongs.

propaganda minster the time is nigh.

to end the insanity of this thread.

On the bright side, this thread has become a wonderful RP propaganda tool for people that didn't know what he was about. I imagine all this thread did was get people more interested in finding out what he's about. And once you do, you're sort of hooked on the old fella.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am glad I was finally able to explain my point. If there is one thing all regular Americans should be able to agree on, it is getting rid of the Robber Barons who now run the FED.

Why does Ron Paul stick around with those weasel SOBS if he expects respect&dignity? He should be on the libertarian or constitutionalist ticket, correct?

Yes but he has a better chance of getting elected if he is one of the big two. Paul is smart enough to know that.

Actually if he can run on the Repub ticket he will pick up all three.

You might like to read this article on what happen to the gold stolen from US citizens: www.lewrockwell.com...

As far as DemiRat or ReBooblican... They are really the same, that is why we are "allowed" to vote for them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You have seen the shills attack ron paul throughout this thread. make your own mind up. Ask yourself if these anti pauls could even hold a candle to ron pauls left nut.
You young people better get off your butts and see who fights for you and the bull sh*tters who say they are for change.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
You have seen the shills attack ron paul throughout this thread. make your own mind up. Ask yourself if these anti pauls could even hold a candle to ron pauls left nut.
You young people better get off your butts and see who fights for you and the bull sh*tters who say they are for change.

Something about holding a candle to one's nut just seems kind of wrong.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

The more independent a central bank is the lower the inflation rate is. Increasing the money supply like in QE2 will cause inflation, but its nothing to worry about and we have a lower level of overall inflation.

Sorry that bird don't fly!

It is real simple Gorgi, In 1972 I put away $100 a month. It was enough to buy 1/22 of a new car or 1/2 a months groc. or a full months rent.

Remember the dollars only real value is what it can purchase.

So what can that SAME $100 dollars buy???

1/220 of a car a half a week or less of groc. and about 1/5 to 1/10 of a months rent.

Don't try to tell someone who remembers ten cent cokes, twenty cents a gallon gasoline and who lived in a house in a Westchester county N.Y. near the Rockefellers, bought for $3,000 dollars not to worry about inflation!

My 1972 dollar is now worth about a nickel and our buddies the bankers pocketed the rest of its "buying power"

Sooner or later Bernanki's doubling the money supply is going to come home to roost and this country is going to tank.

If I am lucky, I'll be dead but chances are YOU will have to live with through what you are so eagerly defending.

I am not the only one worried about inflation

EconomicPolicyJournal.com

....To date, Fed asset purchases have not had much impact on the economy since banks have simply kept the money on deposit with the Fed as excess reserves. However, an addition of another $2.6 trillion in assets by the Fed would most certainly see some of, if not all of the funds, enter the system. Further, as these Funds enter the system, it could very well cause banks to start to put to work the trillion they have sitting on the sidelines. The money supply (M2)would explode.

If Pritchard is anywhere near accurate on his reporting here, and keep in mind that my analysis of the situation earlier this month seemed to be heading in the direction of Pritchard's report,

then we may very well be about to head into one of the most inflationary periods in American history..

IMF Says the Age of America is Over

Submitted by Michael Collins on Fri, 04/29/2011

...Ben Bernacke says QE will end in June, but he is either delusional or lying. If the Fed stops monetizing Treasury debt, how will the $1.5-trillion-dollar annual operating deficit of the US government be financed? Are Americans, who are broke, suffering 22% unemployment, foreclosures on their homes and running out of money before the end of the month, as Wal-Mart's CEO recently stated, going to finance a 1.5-trillion annual government deficit? If you think so, I have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn.

The combined trade surpluses of China, OPEC, Japan and Russia are insufficient to finance more than one-third of the US budget deficit, assuming these countries are willing, in the face of the evidence, to continue to acquire US debt.

That means, even under the most optimistic scenario, that the Federal Reserve will have to purchase annually $1-trillion in Treasury debt.

In other words, the US, the great Super Power over-filled with hubris, has outdone the fiscal irresponsibility of third-world banana republics. Superpower America is financing itself by printing money.

Washington, by conducting open-ended wars of aggression against non-puppet states, by giving its approval to the off-shoring of US jobs and thereby US GDP, and by saddling bankrupt taxpayers with $1-trillion in non-recourse loans to mega-rich people in order that the richest and most favored could borrow from the Fed at nearly zero rates of interest hundreds of millions of dollars to buy under-valued student loans, credit card debt, mortgages, whatever, and have any profits from the purchase of under-valued assets put in their bank account and any losses put on the Federal Reserve's books. Obviously, the US economy is a scheme run by the rich for the rich.

In this scheme to impoverish Americans for the benefit of the mega-rich, the Federal reserve actually gave hundreds of millions of dollars to the wives of New York investment bank CEOs in non-resource loans. The already rich wives bought up under-valued debt and made a killing. The wives had no risk whatsoever, because if their investments failed, it went onto the Federal Reserve's books, not on the wives' entity. See Matt Taibbi's The Real Housewives of Wall Street in Rolling Stone magazine.

As the International Monetary Fund said, recently, "the age of America is over."
www.economicpopulist.org...

I suggest you read THIS bit of history.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Foodman

Bernanke’s QE2 Averts Deflation, Spurs Credit

"Ben S. Bernanke’s $600 billion strike against deflation is paying off, as stock and debt markets rise, bank lending grows and economists forecast faster growth. "

www.bloomberg.com...

Things keep looking better. QE2 was a huge success. Ron paul looks like a fool again.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Foodman because: none

I think you may be THE stupidest person in America.

Your doubt tactics don't work here, try another forum of fools like yourself.

If you do not like facts or dont believe anything that contradicts what you believe, then its hopeless showing you facts. Every time a something that is put up that you do not like, you dont believe it. If you close your eyes its not going to go away.

You have provided no real facts in this entire thread. All of your information is skewed and biased.

Ron Paul is picking up steam as each day passes and each person wakes up to our joke of a government. Will Ron Paul win this election? it is very unlikely that he will be allowed this presidency but you're not changing ANYBODY's mind in this thread. You're speaking on behalf of the establishment and it is getting less and less powerful by the hour.

Why is the rest of the world getting away from the dollar? Oh yea because the FED is pumping trillions into the market.

You make 0 sense, your tactics have long been exploited and have actually backfired as this thread has so many facts posted and is more PRO-PAUL than anti-PAUL.

Everything about you and your other personalities have failed to distract the liberty movement. Might as well quit while you can still salvage what little bit of dignity you think you may have.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You have no idea what you are talking about. There is no missing money. 9 trillion did not get spent by the pentagon. Do you even know what a trillion means ? It doesnt look like you do.

I already posted a video showing donald rumsfeld stating that $2.3 trillion were unaccounted for by the pentagon budget just one day prior to 9-11 and that was 25% of the total accumulated pentagon budget since its inception.

Either you do not believe him when it does not suit your agenda or you are too lazy to watch the video!

You really do not understand much economics. Its okay, I'm here to help. The more independent a central bank is the lower the inflation rate is. Increasing the money supply like in QE2 will cause inflation, but its nothing to worry about and we have a lower level of overall inflation.

People in this thread have provided you a graph showing you that minor inflation over the years has added up to major overall inflation. Inflation is when money loses its value for whatever reason. A pack of chewing gum used to cost 10 cents in the 50s and now it costs $1.

While money keeps loosing its value, the minimum wages and/or average blue collar wages have not risen to the same level. In fact its not even close! This benefits the big time bankers who control the private central banks, which you prefer to call independent.

As to why he is on the republican party instead of the libertarian, my guess is that he is becoming a shill.

I think that is the ONLY THING we can agree on since he is too right even for most republicans. Instead of one private currency, he wants more private currencies! Within another ten years absolutely nothing will be public property and even state capitalism is starting to look good imho. At least only the elite will be wealthy and the middle man pimps will go out of business.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Great link's. However. The only way to correct a corrupt system is to reassemble it and build it back up.

The terms you use are as if he will do these thing's out of spite just to do it, with no precautionary prefix's.
Did health care STOP because of the new Universal health care system Obama put into place. NO.

Spare me your faint logic next time when trying to press something among people.

You can be dang sure he won't get rid of the federal reserve and shut it down on the spot, he can't. He would sure as heck push his presidential powers to move the people in power at the federal reserve out, and replace them. Maybe even rename it from "federal reserve" to, heck.. "The Peoples Reserve". He would start new organizations to replace such companies as FEMA and the many you listed.

For some reason your OP comes off as if you are scared for your life if Ron Paul gets elected.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Even if america tanks it won't be the end of the world my friend. No sense in over-dramatising everything although I do agree with much of what you say. Argentina tanked three decades ago and now its pretty healthy, greece is going through financial austerity measures by the IMF, Ireland likely to follow and then the good ole usa.

The end result, WHICH IS WORRYING, is that as nations start to fall, new monetary unions will form like the EU, NAU, SAU, AU, etc. Then perhaps a digital currency to replace all paper money and coins, then the VeriChip for national identication, "terrorist" concentration camps for those that can't handle the change, perhaps some form of alien disclosure of how reptillians&greys were always our "friends".

Its gonna get weirder and weirder. Thats for sure! But we still have some time left to prevent all this madness from occuring and perhaps saving a few billion people from their eugencist goals. Afterall Rand Inc is eager to start WW3 to stimulate the economy, just like WW1 and WW2 "did".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

I already posted a video showing donald rumsfeld stating that $2.3 trillion were unaccounted for by the pentagon budget just one day prior to 9-11 and that was 25% of the total accumulated pentagon budget since its inception.

Either you do not believe him when it does not suit your agenda or you are too lazy to watch the video!

He is a very reliable source. Donald Rumsfeld. I love his comment about going to war with the army you have not the one you want thing. Maybe the guy can not do math.

People in this thread have provided you a graph showing you that minor inflation over the years has added up to major overall inflation. Inflation is when money loses its value for whatever reason. A pack of chewing gum used to cost 10 cents in the 50s and now it costs $1.
While money keeps loosing its value, the minimum wages and/or average blue collar wages have not risen to the same level. In fact its not even close! This benefits the big time bankers who control the private central banks, which you prefer to call independent.

There has been time when inflation was not what it is now. Inflation was very high back in the 70's and 80's and the fed lowered it. Volker did an excellent job.
As for the minimum wage, that's congresses fault for not raising accordingly or pegging it to inflation. Some states like the one I live in does that. Last time I checked we had the second highest in the country.

I think that is the ONLY THING we can agree on since he is too right even for most republicans. Instead of one private currency, he wants more private currencies! Within another ten years absolutely nothing will be public property and even state capitalism is starting to look good imho. At least only the elite will be wealthy and the middle man pimps will go out of business.

The idea of multiple currencies being used for every day transactions in this country is a horrible idea. that will wreck havoc on the US economy. If you think its bad now, just wait and see what would happen if that policy came into play.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The idea of multiple currencies being used for every day transactions in this country is a horrible idea. that will wreck havoc on the US economy. If you think its bad now, just wait and see what would happen if that policy came into play.

And what would your ideal currency be? A barcode tattooed to everyones forehead I assume?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

And what would your ideal currency be? A barcode tattooed to everyones forehead I assume?

The US Dollar. Its the worlds reserve currency, most transactions are done in it and there is no reason to have others. If it aint broke dont fix it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The US Dollar. Its the worlds reserve currency, most transactions are done in it and there is no reason to have others. If it aint broke dont fix it.

The US Dollar IS broke and we NEED to fix it. Do you even know what year it is?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The US Dollar IS broke and we NEED to fix it. Do you even know what year it is?

The dollar is not broken. It is fairly normal. Look at this and see for yourself that there is nothing really wrong with the US Dollar.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the case he is making is simple: bigger government means less money and power for the people. therefore, reduce the size of the government and the power and wealth is restored to the people. i think we can all agree this is good, yes?

an elaboration on his point is that all of these departments are not only failing in their jobs to protect us or provide us any services. using the department of homeland security as an example: protecting the country is the upmost priority of the government, however the DHS is not doing that. there is a pattern of blowback because of invasive, violent US foreign policy stretching back many decades, and it is this policy that has garnered us so much resentment from the rest of the world. if the US had not "protected our oil interests" or the "spread of communism" or sold weapons to warring countries, there would simply put not be as many enemies overseas. so you have this huge world filled with angry people at the united states, and what does the DHS do? it frisks the genitals of 5 year old children and forgets almost completely about the southern border of the united states where thousands of drug smugglers and gangs wage war against anyone who stands in their way and infiltrate our communities and jails. so the priority of this organization is to "protect us" from violent terrorists that WE CREATED, and not to stop actual american citizens from being shot and killed on our southern border.

this kind of ineptitude is what the current federal government is all about. you cut the size of the government, then you cut the invasiveness of its foreign policy by association, then you cut our threats from the middle east, then you dont need the DHS for molesting 5 year old girls anymore. extrapolate this for every organization in the federal government and you have what he is trying to do.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The great thing about Ron Paul isn't a matter of where he stands on the issues... It's a matter of *knowing* where he stands. He votes the way he says he'll vote. His speeches and statements match up with his voting record. He doesn't promise one thing and give you another.

The absolute first thing that needs done in Congress is the removal of corrupt politicians and lying thieves, and he's one of the only guys in Washington who doesn't fit into that category. None of us can make an informed voting decision until that FIRST THING gets taken care of.

I'd be more than happy to have a President I didn't agree with if it meant ending the con job our government has set up to rule over us.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakerolex
the case he is making is simple: bigger government means less money and power for the people. therefore, reduce the size of the government and the power and wealth is restored to the people. i think we can all agree this is good, yes?

Wrong, a smaller government does not mean more people will really keep their money. So instead of paying taxes you could pay out of pocket for fire fighters or police.Instead of paying taxes you could just pay a huge few to private road owners instead of having a gas tax.
You are still gonna pay, its just a matter of your taxes taking car of it and not having to do all that work or do it yourself and have payments to dozens of separate for profit corporations at a higher rate.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join