It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Anyone that actually understands what the Federal Reserve is would never support it in a free nation.

Oh there are a few that will support it. The ones on the receiving end of the ill-gotten gains

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi The DOE oversees the US energy, inspections, research ect. The DHS keeps us safe. FEMA responds to disasters. The federal reserve is a very important body of the government.

The DOE has, in the past several years, been selling metal and fill dirt from nuclear clean-up sites to unknowing companies. This is radioactively hot material which is being used in the manufacture of buttons on childrens' clothing, and fill dirt in playgrounds, among other things (source: Project Censored). Other outrages the DOE has committed include the approval of nuclear waste being dumped in Denver sewers, and also mixed with fertilizer used on crop fields.
The DHS and FEMA are police state organizations, but almost everyone already realizes this anyway.
The Federal Reserve is a private bank that unconstitutionally prints our money. It is not an agency of the Federal Government, but it does control the fed gov on behalf of international financiers. Every penny of personal income tax collected goes to pay the interest on the debt owed to the federal reserve bank, according to the Grace Commission.
That said, Ron Paul will not save America. No politician will, and apparently the people won't even try to save themselves either.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Damn, I flagged this dumbass thread by accident... Can a supermod take my flag back if that is possible....

The erosion of our freedoms has happened slowly over time, one person is not going to sigle handedly reverse all the damage. Most Ron Paul supporters know this.... But if we don't start repairing some of the damage fast, this ship might just sink.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We need some drastic change in this country and we need to get back to what this country was founded on. Ron Paul is the only guy that says it like it is. He doesn't tow the party line, he thinks for himself and that's why he's always being attacked by both the left and right. His thoughts and ideas are what I call "water cooler" conversations. His ideas of how our government system should be are the same ideas the majority of Americans talk about at work and around the dinner table.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow, where do we start here? You rattled off an alphabet soup of agencies, all of them ineffective and unnecessary. Has DOE prevented even one energy related disaster? Have they developed any actual renewable energy technologies? Uh, no and no. Did any of the prior DHS agencies prevent 9/11? And if you waited for FEMA to save from New Orleans, you're pretty much dead right now.

Accept the truth, you, me, we are all on our own. It is our local support networks and communities that hopefully have the capability to provide us with help when it is needed, not some acronym from Washington DC.

TARP did not save anyone from catastrophe except for the large money center banks that had behaved irresponsibly and deserved to be reorganized. The "real economy" still had to endure a lengthy recession (depression) that continues to this day. Don't confuse TARP for a solution, it was a band-aid for a wound that is still festering.

And yes, if the Federal government maintained itself at a historically appropriate size it could be funded through a system of tariffs and consumption taxes. Yeah, I know consumption taxes capture revenue from those who have come to believe themselves exempt from financially supporting our government, but really, isn't it morally insulting to assume that lower income and middle income citizens are incapable of supporting our civil infrastructure? But capturing revenue from lower income people is not the reason that Rep Paul embraces these alternative methods of taxation, it's because under a tariff and consumption tax based system, citizens choose when and how they are taxed (you don't have to but the thing), you'll notice that individual choice is a large tenant of libertarian philosophy.

Of course then we have the Fed, which is actually the fountain of inflation.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

We can have a strong central republican form of government like we have now and still be free.

Now I KNOW you are young.
We are not free.

I am old enough to remember when I didn't have to wear a helmet or fasten a seat belt to go to work.

I am old enough to remember when I did not have to pee in a bottle to get a job.

I am old enough to remember when I didn't have to let some A$$hole cop a feel to get on an airplane.

I am old enough to remember when I didn't have to get the government's "permission" to fill in a hole in my drive way because some turkey decided to call it a "wetland" (yes it did happen to a friend at work)

I am old enough to remember when we didn't have to worry about the coyotes taking the face of our kids because some idiots in government decided to "Rewild America" releasing wolves, jaguars and lord knows what else.

I am old enough to remember when we just shot an animal that was harassing our livestock and didn't have to worry about fines or a jail sentence.

I am old enough to remember when we were not confined to “free-speech” zones or required to get a "permit" if we wished to express our opinion

I am old enough to remember when someone did not check to see if my name was on a "list" before I was "allowed" to travel

2009– The Year of the Slave

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
No one is forcing anyone to take drugs. The government should be in charge of health care and not private companies. Companies are out for profit, not ones health.

Wars are bad, but if there needs to be one, make it big.

I think they are forcing us to take drugs.
How about the fluoride+ in our tap water.
GMO foods
Aspartame
Just saying bro.

And governments are for death, not life, so them being "in charge" of health care. hell no.
I do think that corporations are as corrupt as governments. We need to utilize boycott power.
And every dime the government steals from us is profit without producing anything.

As far as banks, the bailouts that were paid to the banks, was our taxes/money so they got our money without it paying off our debts to them. So if the bail out would have come to the people we could have payed it to the banks and that would have paid off our debts to them. And they would still have had the 9:1 on the received monies. HELL no they can't have that. They want the money with 9:1 loaning power and the property from us when we still can't pay. And people are bitching that the banks did not loan it to us. WTF? Loan our own money back to us + interest. Not the low interest they pay us to loan it to them in the form of our savings and checking. 9:1 loaning power. Makes me sick.
$500 Us loaning to them. = 1%
$500 Them loaning to us. = 6-10%
We need a few bank runs to show who has the power. Oh that's right we can't the international cartel banks will cover the local sub cartels.

So no matter how the hell we look at it, we got screwed in the bail outs. Dude it is so simple, "Screw the people" should be their motto.

Those millionaires in DC don't give a rats for the rabble. And they get the millions from the corporations to pass the bills into law that they wrote. WTF? again. I wish I could write some bills and have them passed into law. Everyone must buy my product, made in china, and outlaw the competition. One more time WTF?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

.....we had a republic? We are still a republic in name. You've shown repeatedly you have very little understanding of history, economics and political theory.

It is so hard to hire good employees these days - David Rockefeller [/sarc]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Damn, I flagged this dumbass thread by accident... Can a supermod take my flag back if that is possible....

The erosion of our freedoms has happened slowly over time, one person is not going to sigle handedly reverse all the damage. Most Ron Paul supporters know this.... But if we don't start repairing some of the damage fast, this ship might just sink.

No, but one person can galvanize the masses to collectively take action to reverse the damage and wake people up to that reality. He can be a leader to that end. Presidents are leaders, they are not Gods, even though certain presidents who shall remain nameless may think they are.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by miconATSrender

Originally posted by gorgi
No one is forcing anyone to take drugs.

I think they are forcing us to take drugs.

The government has forced children to take Ritalin and other psych drugs, they force psych patients to take psych drugs, and manhunts have been mounted and people have been imprisoned for refusing chemotherapy for their children. Even though it's common knowledge psych drugs don 't work and are all highly toxic, and that chemo doesn't do a thing for cancer. If you have cancer, and take chemo and survive, that means your body fought off the cancer AND survived the chemo.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I can't believe our schools are producing such ignorant fools and/or idiots these days.

It is deliberate see Dumbing Down America by Dr. Samuel Blumenfeld

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I think you need to do a little more research on how the country regulates businesses. jan.ocregister.com...

Thank you very much for that reference - BOOKMARKED. I knew the cost of regulation added a lot to the cost of doing business but I never had any numbers before.

A corollary is 80% of start-ups go out of business, many not because of financial failure but because of the hassles involved.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

But we live in reality bud.

Even if Ron Paul is elected, you think he can get rid of the IRS? It'll never happen, nobody will let him do that....

The point is, Mr Paul understand what the country was supposed to be like.... And let this be clear...

Nobody is prepared to be the President of the United States, ever..... until you are the President. There is sensitive information that changes conventional thinking, that is classified....

The Idea behind Ron Paul, is, he understands American Principle. He's the guy you want making decisions when it comes to xray body scanners and obtrusive TSA.....

Some things he truely believes he will realize are simply impossible, but he will still make the most for the people decisions a president can make. He shows his bias, he shows his understanding of history... don't judge this mans capacity to learn.

Until you realize POTUS doesn't do anything....

I mean...

What does he actually do?

Figure head... does what he's told, makes decisions on things that other people are talking about....

It's not like Ron Paul is gonna come in and ruin the country... Nobody actually does what they say they are gonna do when they run their planks..... That's because they don't really know what the President does...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by wardk28

I think you need to do a little more research on how the country regulates businesses. jan.ocregister.com...

Thank you very much for that reference - BOOKMARKED. I knew the cost of regulation added a lot to the cost of doing business but I never had any numbers before.

A corollary is 80% of start-ups go out of business, many not because of financial failure but because of the hassles involved.

Who do you think set this up? You honestly think the Government desires keeping people down? Its laughable that people fail to see the real culprits here. Its BIG business with its paid off politicians. Oligopolies and the lobbiests are in control. We take aim at each other and attack the governmental institutions that are inplace to help us. Instead of allowing them to divide us we need to unite under our government and stand up against the tyranny of corporate oppression. You think we are any better off than the Chinese workers? We are given much heavier chains to wear because they are less obvious. For a website dedicated to the enlightenment of people I'm shocked that so many are blind. We see the conspiracy in everything but not always do we see what we think we do. Ron Paul is correct about the need for change. His way though would allow more control. Things progressed past the point that he wants to bring us back to for a reason. Do we want to go back to the days when corps had their own laws they were allowed to enforce?

Again I suggest you look up The Battle at Blair Mountain. A historical example of what corporations are about when unchecked.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot

One that needs more funding to go after those corps like GE that are able to turn a profit and still get a Tax return....

That is the funniest thing I have hear yet.

...To replace Larry Summers as head of the National Economic Council, Obama brought in Gene Sperling, who held the same position in the Clinton administration. With Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel back in Chicago running for mayor of the Windy City, the president brought in the former mayor's brother, William Daley, a former Clinton administration official and banker.

And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

.....“You would have difficulty finding a company that has outsourced more jobs and closed more American factories than GE,” Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing writes. “While they have slashed their American workforce to fewer than 150,000, GE has dramatically expanded its global presence, now employing over 300,000 workers worldwide.”

In the past, Immelt was a vocal supporter for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. He also spoke out against the proposed “buy American” provision.

Immelt, Daley and Sperling certainly do not represent the “change” the president was fond of referring to in 2008. In fact, all three represent more of the same - failed trade policies that result in the loss of millions of jobs. www.economyincrisis.org...

I think you can forget the IRS touching GE anytime soon.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

The great thing about the original conception of America is that the expression of ideas (the self) was a -basic- freedom. We haven't really come that far if that's all we can flaunt. Because a couple generations sure lost their right to their bodies, not to mention liberty, when they were drafted for wars. I probably don't need a naitonal government at all, but if I did, I'd like it to protect me from real threats. Or threats that I did not create, unlike the galactic empire that is DC.

A corollary to each side of this argument is the -potential- for the loss of freedom. Paul, libertarians, etc., are not necessarily arguing that we're currently being abused, but that the current path will more than likely end in abuses. This can be both a realistic or abstract idea: not wanting someone in DC to get rich off my tax money in real life, or the moral abstraction of being indirectly involved in injust wars or practices because my money, in part, funds asuch activities.

I'm glad that others are perceptive. We'd have no chance against..certain people..if not.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul works for 'them' as well. They keep him there as the false hope for the conspiratorial and the Im angry at my government crowd.

I see with spirit not the brain...thus I'm smarter than most. If laughter, argument, and rebutal makes you feel better,,, enjoy yourself.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by LexiconRiot

One that needs more funding to go after those corps like GE that are able to turn a profit and still get a Tax return....

That is the funniest thing I have hear yet.

...To replace Larry Summers as head of the National Economic Council, Obama brought in Gene Sperling, who held the same position in the Clinton administration. With Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel back in Chicago running for mayor of the Windy City, the president brought in the former mayor's brother, William Daley, a former Clinton administration official and banker.

And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

.....“You would have difficulty finding a company that has outsourced more jobs and closed more American factories than GE,” Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing writes. “While they have slashed their American workforce to fewer than 150,000, GE has dramatically expanded its global presence, now employing over 300,000 workers worldwide.”

In the past, Immelt was a vocal supporter for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. He also spoke out against the proposed “buy American” provision.

Immelt, Daley and Sperling certainly do not represent the “change” the president was fond of referring to in 2008. In fact, all three represent more of the same - failed trade policies that result in the loss of millions of jobs. www.economyincrisis.org...

I think you can forget the IRS touching GE anytime soon.

Thanks for making my point for me. This is exactly what I'm saying. We need to remove the corporations from our government. We need them to pay their taxes. Smaller Government only means less regulation on the corps. We fail to see the plain evil in front of us. Helping each other is easier to change therefore we attack the welfare state. Lets focus on the real issues nothe fake ones that lead to our division and easy oppression.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

IT is the blind spot which Paul cannot rectify, his sons name is Rand...

Actually his son's name is Randal Howard Paul

If you ever bothered to watch Atlas Shrugged Part I, you would see that Ayn Rand very clearly shows "corporatism" as "evil" and anti productive. She clearly differentiates that from capitalism (innovation and wealth creation)

I really would suggest watching it with an open mind because it depicts what has been happenning today.

The long battle over Monsanto's "Food Safety Modernization Act" immediately comes to mind.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
When I see bait, I mean threads, like this,
I think several things,
1-very young and inexperienced writer.
2-bored and just posting to cause trouble.
3-collecting a paycheck and reaching the quota.
4-a litmus test to gauge response and record data.

Yes sir, those are my thoughts when I come across morsels like these.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join