It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by LexiconRiot

Gorgi, another account?

If a mod wants to look up IP's, go for it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kipfilet
No offense meant, but no person with a basic knowledge of modern economics takes Ron Paul seriously.

Peter Schiff would like a word with you...

As for this topic...I'm almost speechless. I try really hard to respect the opinions of others, but there is so much fallacy and so many illogical arguments in this thread that It makes it nearly impossible. All I can say is that I hope the OP and the others who tend to agree with him/her do much more diligent research on these matters and consider re-assessing their beliefs.

Ron Paul 2012...Not only the BEST choice, but the ONLY choice.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

No, helping our fellow man is not a civic duty, bestowed upon the Govt. It is a moral choice, plain and simple. No one should be forced to help (ie taxes welfare). If you want to help, you should decide how, when and who gets that help. Not the Govt, that is supposed to a system of Govt, not be a system for sympathy and empathy.

edit on 7-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

If he could cut all the agencies and programs he wants, then he would all be screwed.
Again If you want a weak government with virtually no taxes, go to Somali.

No, we would not be screwed. Any state can pick up those responsibilities. We don't need a large centralized government forcing most of an entire continent to all play by the same rules. USSR? The Romans? Colonized Africa? There are examples on top of examples of bloated infrastructures collapsing due to their sizes and civil unrest.

Every single state in our union is more than capable of defense, regulation, banking, and legislation. Are you saying we are the only people in the world incapable of managing government on a small scale?! Your opinion of your fellow Americans is pretty low.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Cuervo because: I KANT SPEECH GOORD

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Your an awful agent if you are.

You actually come across as one
. Your thread title of something like fox news.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

The Fed acts as a mechanism to prevent the inherently inflationary aspects of fractional reserve banking from taking hold by increasing the federal funds rate. Furthermore, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ron Paul's platform paraphrased, is basically, ... Riots!! ... Bankruptcy!! ... Phase out Social Security! ... Social collapse!! ... the Sky is Falling ... the Fed is evil!! ... cut Medicare!! ...

No wonder he's popular on ATS. Lots of doom! The guy's a puppet just like the rest of them. He probably doesn't even understand the distinction between 100% reservers vs fractional reserve banking (i.e. www.thefreemanonline.org... ). What's his solution when we go back to the old 100% Austrian model and family's who hold their money become ridiculously wealthy so there's no way to generate liquidity for new people being born in to the world's economy? Oh don't have an answer for that? Hrm ...

The world needs less talking heads and more empirical research. Problems aren't solved with emotional yammering and ideological nonsense.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kipfilet

Economics is flawed in soo many ways. Crime is a byproduct of that and will never change there needs to be a RESOURCE ECONOMY as this world isn't intended for us to work for material gain its to teach and create and help grow. The material world needs to be abolished it has no prevalence with LIVING LIFE it has done nothing but help these crooks brainwash and distract the masses. We need a GLOBAL cause for change for better living it is not chasing this fable called Terrorists . America has had more gun violence within its own borders long before middle east was a target. LA . MIAMI , NY , DETROIT....these places are considered by the families devastated from it WARZONES and acts of TERRIORISM . Soo putting a bomb in a car is and hanging out a window firing a machine gun isn't......If your country starts WW3 you will have no soldiers that have the passion needed for victory you can only manipulate so few mindless young men to fight your cause without thinking , But this war thats forseen isn't going to be like the rest you will have to call help from your Allies the newly own governement in CANADA will assist in this aswell as EUR and the rest of the stragglers .

These Wars that have happend are nothing more then one fading Super Power bullying a 3rd world country not much of a fight , but this war coming is going to be 1000X those and some they will not be able to bully Pakistain as its Allies are Russia And China who are not thinking kindly of America. YOUR COUNTRY CANNOT DEFEAT RUSSIA , CHINA there numbers are far to superior and they have a real morale to fight and thats the key thing here if there is a universal draft which Obama will sign those armies will be slaughtered within moments . Ive spoke to those that have faught in WW2 and they know that all wars after never had the comradely that they had fighting a JUSTWAR

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The adoration of Ron Paul is a symptom of a much greater ill. Why do people in a democracy wish to find a new governmental messiah? Do you really think Paul is the silver bullet?

One man, regardless of his intentions, does not a revolution make. How much power do you think the President has?

Small Government is an Assinine idea. That's just another way of saying 'let's concentrate the power base.'

In a democracy, that has the effect of robbing huge swaths of the citizenry of their voice in the political debate.

The US government is the largest, equal opportunity employer in the country.

What we need is to seperate the business of making profit from the business of taking care of our citizens.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HisMajesty
reply to post by gorgi

I thought smaller government is Part of the Constitution. Arent you American?

There is nothing in the constitution that says how big a government can be. I am a proud American, fyi.
Small or big, it can be either. In this time we nee a large one because this isn't 1790. We all do not live on farm and the world has changed so much, the economy has changed dramatically since then. Its not the same

I am a proud American as well. An over sized, overblown centralized government does NOTHING but infringe upon the liberties of its citizens. Its a self perpetuating monstrosity. The principals that our Constitution was founded upon are timeless. The fact that our economy and socity has grown makes it even more imperitave that we adhere to the priniple of a small centralized government and leave the States to the business of day to day government.

Big government has been a disaster for the average, hard working principled American.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government – lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
-Patrick Henry

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Gorgi, another account?

If a mod wants to look up IP's, go for it.

Oh, you can spoof/mirror IPs. Big deal.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mishmashum

Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

The Fed acts as a mechanism to prevent the inherently inflationary aspects of fractional reserve banking from taking hold by increasing the federal funds rate. Furthermore, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ron Paul's platform paraphrased, is basically, ... Riots!! ... Bankruptcy!! ... Phase out Social Security! ... Social collapse!! ... the Sky is Falling ... the Fed is evil!! ... cut Medicare!! ...

No wonder he's popular on ATS. Lots of doom! The guy's a puppet just like the rest of them. He probably doesn't even understand the distinction between 100% reservers vs fractional reserve banking (i.e. www.thefreemanonline.org... ). What's his solution when we go back to the old 100% Austrian model and family's who hold their money become ridiculously wealthy so there's no way to generate liquidity for new people being born in to the world's economy? Oh don't have an answer for that? Hrm ...

The world needs less talking heads and more empirical research. Problems aren't solved with emotional yammering and ideological nonsense.

Someone who knows what Ron Paul is about. Be careful not offend some one. they will call you a shill and then say its one of my accounts.
Ron is exactly like this guy said.
thank you

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No, helping our fellow man is not a civic duty, bestowed upon the Govt. It is a moral choice, plain and simple. No one should be forced to help (ie taxes welfare). If you want to help, you should decide how, when and who gets that help. Not the Govt, that is supposed to a system of Govt, not a system for sympathy and empathy.

This is an untrue and incoherently selfish statement. It is our civic duty to help each other. Prior to welfare communities helped each other. That is welfare on a small scale, a better version. The problem with that is that the people can not count on each other to help without enforcement. We have become glutenous and consumerist. You have a fantasy about a Utopia that will never exists due to your own world view. Simply put come back to reality.

That said, our welfare system is empirically broken. We shouldn't just be handing out money for years untold to the same people who do nothing to stop suckling the teat. Welfare should be about helping people improve their quality of life via job training, education and government approved humanitarian aid (i.e; habitat for humanity, meals on wheels and other programs like this.) which rewards with monetary compensation. Government is big because America is big. This is impossible to change.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I dont eat. Im a robot.
Inflation is actually very good right now. Current inflation rate

Technology has made it so that less people can make more goods. Thats not voodoo from the evil government.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What Ron Paul wants is not going to happen.

Too many dumbasses in this world who will never live by principles of self-reliance and working hard to get what you deserve.

Also, there is nothing wrong with his economic view. I went though micro and macroeconomics with all A's I have to say that the only problem with his view is that it will never happen in the next 100 years.
edit on 5/7/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Oh, so I'm selfish. Big deal. I could care less what your thoughts are of me.
Again, it is not the place of Govt to do this. It is a moral decision.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

If he could cut all the agencies and programs he wants, then he would all be screwed.
Again If you want a weak government with virtually no taxes, go to Somali.

No, we would not be screwed. Any state can pick up those responsibilities. We don't need a large centralized government forcing most of an entire continent to all play by the same rules. USSR? The Romans? Colonized Africa? There are examples on top of examples of bloated infrastructures collapsing due to their sizes and civil unrest.

Every single state in our union is more than capable of defense, regulation, banking, and legislation. Are you saying we are the only people in the world incapable of managing government on a small scale?! Your opinion of your fellow Americans is pretty low.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Cuervo because: I KANT SPEECH GOORD

Have you seen how bad the DMV is? Thats state run. Lets run national defense like the DMV.

USSR was a communist country. IT was not free like here.
Roman empire lasted 1000 years. not bad for an ancient empire. Look what happened when it got split.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Are you kidding?
AZ and UT have some for the greatest DMVs our there.
GA and CA are terrible.
That is the way it should be.
Crappy state Govt, crappy Govt departments.
Good state Govt, good state agencies.

Vote the local people out.

You just presented how the system should work.

Oh, and national defense is part of the original construction for the Fed Govt.
Read a book, please!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

Originally posted by HisMajesty
reply to post by gorgi

I thought smaller government is Part of the Constitution. Arent you American?

There is nothing in the constitution that says how big a government can be. I am a proud American, fyi.
Small or big, it can be either. In this time we nee a large one because this isn't 1790. We all do not live on farm and the world has changed so much, the economy has changed dramatically since then. Its not the same

I am a proud American as well. An over sized, overblown centralized government does NOTHING but infringe upon the liberties of its citizens. Its a self perpetuating monstrosity. The principals that our Constitution was founded upon are timeless. The fact that our economy and socity has grown makes it even more imperitave that we adhere to the priniple of a small centralized government and leave the States to the business of day to day government.

Big government has been a disaster for the average, hard working principled American.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government – lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
-Patrick Henry

A large government does not necessarily mean t will infringe on liberties. Our government has protected us and and given us security so that we can have liberty with out fear of unjust persecution. the constitution is what made the government.
I agree with Patrick Henry, however the government isn't restraining us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

Are you kidding?
AZ and UT have some for the greatest DMVs our there.
GA and CA are terrible.
That is the way it should be.
Crappy state Govt, crappy Govt departments.
Good state Govt, good state agencies.

Vote the local people out.

You just presented how the system should work.

Oh, and national defense is part of the original construction for the Fed Govt.
Read a book, please!

Great by what standard ? people show up to work ? This is how the DMV works. Excellent system.

edit on 7-5-2011 by gorgi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Sorry, but I don't need a youtube video to show me how these DMVs work in those states. Been to them and witnessed first hand.

Your book knowledge is ok, but your real world knowledge is poor.

All your touted hero economists look good on paper until they are applied.

Family guy as a reference point? Really?

Sorry, but you are now turning into the most full of crap person I have ever been in contact with, in our out of ATS.

edit on 7-5-2011 by macman because: Grammar and addition

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join