It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul A Distaster For The USA. Hes Always Wrong. Why Is There So Much Love For Him ? Wrong Paul

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

So you don't think this country is already destroyed? Progressive policies over the last several decades have already destroyed our country... so lets try constitutional, limited government for a change.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ALL of you seem to be buying into the OP. Do you NOT realize it is a government survey of sorts maybe. See how many people knee jerk react or react at all? This is how the shadow governments gets it's polls and then adjusts it's programs to work better int he future. The OP was obviously set-up for this project. TPTB will see how this goes, if it gets any postings on other sites or gets blogged. Then they will adjust the criteria for the program and resubmit it for more responses.

Why even give this guy the time of day?

Repost this many times over to get people to "understand" what could be and probably IS going on.
edit on 7-5-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You don't think he'd know that? He'd have Carmine go start the presidential limo before he got in it.

Of course Ron Paul knows that. Why do you think he dropped out of the 2008 race three days after the Bilderberger June meeting when he had just assured his followers he would fight till the bitter end?

Hopefully he has put in place something to protect himself and his family and that is why he is willing to throw his hat in the race again.

From a few years ago:

Bilderberg tracker Daniel Estulin says he has received information from sources inside the U.S. intelligence community suggesting that people from the highest levels of government are discussing “eliminating” Rep. Ron Paul because its controlled political system is threatened by Paul’s exploding popularity.

Estulin, whose information has proven accurate in the past, went public with the bombshell story Dec. 14....

Retired FBI Special-Agent-in-Charge Ted Gunderson, 78, has been a whistleblower since his retirement nearly 30 years ago. He said “Yes, absolutely, they won’t hesitate to do it.”

Rather than shooting Paul, a more sophisticated silent attack such as poisoning or the provocation of a heart attack via exotic electronic technology would be more likely, he said.

“That way the real killers are not required to put a ‘patsy’ in place, such as in the Kennedy assassination,” he continued. “And don’t count out a plane crash or a car wreck, which has been another method of choice in recent years.”
www.americanfreepress.net...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I have to say, this is why I love this website. I want to commend all the people that took this persons comments and called them out for the garbage that it is. It almost sounds like this might be a TPTB infiltrator. Ron Paul stands for everything that they hate!!! Anyone who is for the FEDERAL RESERVE is either one of them, or completely does not understand how our monetary system works. Not how it works on the outside, but how it works behind the scenes. Not what BEN BERCRAPPY tells you how it works, but how it really works. If you do your due dilligence and research, you would know that inflation wasn't even an issue or taught in the halls of the major colleges until the FEDERAL RESERVE and the IRS was formed in the early 1900's. GOLD could be bought at $30 per ounce. Now it's $1500!!! Now we are spoon fed, like another person said earlier KOOL-AIDE that says we should expect 3% a year or so inflation, it's just natural, don't worry about it. What a load of HOOEY!!! Why is inflation natural? Have you ever asked yourself, Why???? There is nothing natural about inflation!!!! Does a rock inflate???? Does Earth inflate????

All inflation is, is another tax that is comfiscated by the BANKSTERS of this world and they use it to line their pockets. It is the greatest PONZI scheme ever invented by man. Bernie Maddof doesn't have nothing on those guys.

Have you ever done any reasearch at all on how Fractional Reserve Banking works??? Sheep deposits $100,000 into JPMorgan Chase, JPMorgan Chase calls the Federal Reserve and says, Hey I have 100k and would like to borrow 1 million against it? Fed says, Okay good old buddy. Here is 1 million, but it's going to cost you .25%. Wow, give me some!!! JPMorgan Chase loans 1 million out to other Sheeple at 5% for 15 years. Cost of doing business with the FED, $19,077. JPMorgan Chase collects, $426,393 in 15 years on a risk of 100k. Oh, but guess what? JPMorgan Chase is a member of the federal reserve, so their is kind of a conflict of interest. Oh, and since we are a debt based system. They not only can borrow 90% of deposits, but when you take a loan out for 400k, they can borrow 4 million against that!!!! Same way with Credit Card debt!!! Why do you think they love CREDIT CARDS????

Sorry, such a long response. I could go on, and on, and on about all the things that this guy said that doesn't make sense. I can't stand INGNORANCE

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

"Some people think that the Federal Reserve Banks are United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lenders." – The Honorable Louis McFadden, Chairman of the House Banking and Currency Committee in the 1930s

Federal Reserve

NOT a body of the government. Privately owned and thus, motivated to make a profit for their shareholders.

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest.

JFK vs Reserve

And he was subsequently assassinated. The new currency he issued was recalled. No one enforces this still existing law.

All said the Federal Reserve charges interest on every dollar they issue to the USA. How is that beneficial to our economy?

Ron Paul is a genius far ahead of his time. He has my vote. The status quo is not working for the USA. Severe changes need to take place in order for this country to survive let alone remain number 1.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You don't investigate. That is obvious. My posts always contain the source of the stories that spread to other outlets. The fact you haven't read Dr Paul's voting record available at congress.org or .gov, is also obvious.
I know lots of people do not agree with this man or his philosophies. I think its because people like living above their means and don't want to give that up, or the corporate elite still have too much to milk out of us. How come corporations give campaign donations to all the rep's that bootlick the lobby firms in DC and not Dr Paul?? Dr Paul's donations from last election smashed all time records and every dime came from private citizens!
And Sag...69, Kennedy's law was rescinded by executive order less than 2 hours after the assassination by the former vice-prez.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
17 pages to this "SHILL" .WOW we are bored aren't we.

This person must be makeing you spelling critics nuts.

What if one of these Obama shills posted and there were only as many comments as star's ? Do you think that would send a message?
edit on 7-5-2011 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
In all honesty, i've read your OP and as well as the links provided
You pretty much did not even offer an argument

Can you in your own words, your own words, tell me 3 things that you do not like about Ron Paul?

I do offer an argument. It is that Ron Paul has no business in dealing with the economics of the country.
1) Hes almost never right about the economy or how it works.
2) He ignores experts who tell him otherwise
3)His actions will destroy the country and I like my country.

Now I am more focused on the economic side of this. Any other positions of his I might even agree with you

I beg to differ...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

He was also against TRAP. TARP was instrumental in saving the US economy and has worked fantastically. Since then the US has made a profit off it and kept the economy together.

I pretty much stopped there

He has my vote

I think I'll go back now and read some of the responses..should be interesting

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stygmartyrZA

I'm not an American citizen, but I still know that the federal reserve is as federal as federal express.
\

maybe they should change their name to FED REZ? ya know...make it sound hip, while breaking the country.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

lol where did you get your mba? university of phoenix? Here is your lecture of the day grasshopper. the usa is still #1 in manufacturing, #1 economy, our currency is world reserve. gdp is positive, job growth is coming back, stocks continue to soar on great earnings, consumer is alive and well, bailouts worked.

My degree is from a big ten University and I most continue to take 18 credit hours every three years to keep my professional accreditation. I have also lived long enough to watch the cost of everything soar to ten times what it used to cost, my taxes go sky high and my REAL WAGES shrink.

the USA is still #1 in manufacturing

Where the heck did you get that from?????

MY sources was the US government census and the bureau of labor statistics.

Here is another
This is "U.S. Labor Force Trends" POPULATION REFERENCE BUREAU a nonprofit organization.

...Since 1980 jobs have shifted from manufacturing to the service sector, but white collar service sector jobs are increasingly lost to overseas....

Since 1980 there has been a downward trend in manu-
facturing employment (see Figure 5), while employment
in service-producing industries continued to grow at an
even faster pace. As a result, the percentage of all nonfarm
workers in manufacturing declined from 24 percent in
March 1973 to 10 percent in March 2007, and workers in
the service sectors went from 70 percent to 83 percent.
This shift from manufacturing to service jobs in the
1970s and 1980s was most acutely felt by residents of
large industrial cities in the Northeast and Midwest....

After 1970, growth in the number of engineers slowed,
reflecting sluggish growth rates in manufacturing, in
which about 40 percent of engineers work.....

Despite productivity increases of more than 30 percent in
the United States in the decade from 1995 to 2005, real
wages—wages adjusted for inflation—as well as health
and pension benefits have stagnated in recent years.31
Between 2000 and 2005, wages for entry-level workers
actually fell....

From 1992 to 2005, median
pay for chief executive officers (CEOs) in major compa-
nies rose 186 percent, while the median wage rose by 7
percent. In 2005, U.S. CEOs earned 262 times more than
an average worker whereas in 1965 they earned 24 times
more. Decline in the real value of the minimum wage,
weakening labor unions, globalization, and the shift from
manufacturing to services have contributed to this grow-
ing wage inequality.....

U.S. government tax and immigration policies are actually
speeding up offshoring. U.S.-based multinational corporations
that outsource work offshore receive tax breaks.4 And offshore
outsourcing firms have exploited loopholes in U.S. immigration
policy, particularly in the H-1B and L-1 guest worker visas, to facili-
tate the transfer of work overseas.5

Major changes in technology and social norms have enabled
offshoring. Technological breakthroughs in telecommunications,
the Internet, and collaborative software tools have dramatically
lowered the costs of doing business remotely and across borders.
Additionally, shifts in employment relations and norms have
made it much easier for firms to substitute foreign workers for
U.S. workers. There is little or no cost, monetary or in terms of
public perception, for laying off U.S. workers....

www.prb.org...

In short we are a nation of store clerks and burger flippers as I showed you in the previous post.

The Fed has flooded the world with US dollars.
Standard & Poor's alert that it might cut the U.S. credit rating should have sent government bond prices lower.

The U.S. could lose its AAA credit rating

November 24, 2010: China-Russia currency agreement further threatens U.S. dollar
The motive is to "promote the bilateral trade between China and Russia, facilitate the cross-border trade settlement of [the yuan], and meet the needs of economic entities to reduce the conversion cost," according to Chinese officials....

The dollar reserve currency status allows the U.S. to run up high deficits and have its debt be denominated in the U.S. dollar, which in turn enables it to print unlimited dollars and inflate its way out of debt. America, understandably, wants to protect these privileges.

In fact, some allege that the U.S. wants to protect this status so badly that it invaded Iraq because the country began selling oil in euros instead of dollars. Now, the U.S. is allegedly threatening Iran because of the country's desire to use euros or Russian rubles in oil transactions.

Meanwhile, China and Russia are gradually revolting against the U.S. dollar....

Moreover, as this policy extends to Russian exports of oil and natural gas to China, it threatens the global "petro-currency" status of the U.S. dollar.

This latest move -- a continuation in a series of efforts by both countries to move away from U.S. dollar usage in international trade -- further threatens the dollar's reserve currency status.

The dollar is in a world of hurt and you have to be living in a cave not to realize that by now.

Here is a money supply/gold/wage chart:

Date.....$ /oz gold.. Money supply......minimum wage...min wage in gold..CEO pay in gold
1971 ......40.62.............. 81 billion...........$1.60 ...................0.0394 oz.
1974 ......195.20...........101 billion...........$2.00.....................0.0102 oz.
1976 ......124.74 ........... $113 billion.......$2.30.....................0.0184 oz............0.663.oz
1985 .....354.20 ...........$205 billion........$3.35....................0.0094 oz.
1994 .....409.80........... $ 406 billion.......$4.25.....................0.0104.oz.
2006 .....636.30 ...........$808 billion........$5.15.....................0.0081 oz.
2008 .....880.30........... $831 billion........$5.85.....................0.0066 oz.............2.44.oz
2009...1,020.28...........$1663 billion........$6.55.....................0.0064.oz.

From the beginning of 1964 to the end of 2010 the bankers have made $1961.967 billion dollars in fiat currency out of thin air. That is the amount they increased the money supply
2016.205 - 54.238

In 1976 A typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker. By 2008 the average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker. timelines.ws...

If you look at the table the typical American CEO is actually paid five times MORE in “buying power” compared to 1976 while the rest of us are now paid a third of what we were paid in 1976. The price of gold indicates the steady devaluation of the US dollar as its purchasing power is diluted by the ever increasing supply of fiat money.

At the same time our wages were devalued, the price of goods was inflated thanks to taxes and the increased money supply. Therefore we can no longer SAVE to buy things. All the excess "fat" from the economy has been siphoned off and placed in the bankers' pockets. We are now in a vicious cycle of more and more debt.

"If people need any more concrete explanation of this, start with the staff of life, a loaf of bread. The simplest thing; the poorest man must have it. Well, there are 151 taxes now in the price of a loaf of bread — it accounts for more than half the cost of a loaf of bread. It begins with the first tax, on the farmer that raised the wheat..." - President Ronald Reagan

According to an article in The New Republic of Dec. 2, 1991, in 1948, a married couple with median income and two children, paid only 2% in state, federal, and Social Security taxes. In 1999, Social Security was 15.3%, plus 2.9% for Medicare, out of the first $62,700 in wages, or $11,411.40, and then perhaps 30% in federal taxes…if you were lucky.... www.gold-eagle.com...

Yeah sure the Fed has made live SOOOoooo much better.

Try selling that crap to someone who does not know how to do research.

I was doing professional research in French German and English in 1973

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
ALL of you seem to be buying into the OP. Do you NOT realize it is a government survey of sorts maybe. See how many people knee jerk react or react at all? This is how the shadow governments gets it's polls and then adjusts it's programs to work better int he future. The OP was obviously set-up for this project. TPTB will see how this goes, if it gets any postings on other sites or gets blogged. Then they will adjust the criteria for the program and resubmit it for more responses.

Why even give this guy the time of day?

Repost this many times over to get people to "understand" what could be and probably IS going on.
edit on 7-5-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

Obviously few people 'get it".

Second line if needed

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
-S&-F

dood are you for real starting a thread like this ?

Has anyone asked how Old the OP is .. ?

My guess he/she hasn't been around long enough to gain any meaningful Life experience

"Sofa King Re Tar Ted" say that 3 times fast

edit on 5/7/2011 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by gorgi

Hello CHINA?

We're the slaves to the world's NEWEST superpower!

No , China is not the worlds next super power. They are a major power, they wont attain the status of super power. China has a lot of problems.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by gorgi

You do not need to pay off the national debt. We have had one since the 1800's and we are the worlds super power. National debt isnt a bad thing as long as there isnt too much. Without deficit spending WWII would have been very hard to finance among other stuff.

Well in the 1800's men got to keep the vast majority of their hard earned dollar..
Now around half is taken in taxes and charges and the percentage is ever increasing..

Why?? Because of that deficit you consider healthy...

We have some of the lowest tax rates in the developed countries.
In the 1800's they didnt really keep most of their money. It got spent because everything cost a lot.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. More food for thought for me on JFK.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You should read more on the Fed before you claim that we need them. They authorize the printing of money, which in the constitution is authorized to be done ONLY by congress. They set interest rates for damn near every thing from banks to the housing market. They devalue the dollar by printing more money than there is gold to back it up and don't even try to get an impartial audit of what their doing. We really need to get rid of the Fed and probably jail a few of the officers for criminal activities if not treason. Just saying.

edit on 7-5-2011 by yrwehere1 because: corrected wording

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by gorgi

Think for myself? That is all I have ever done. I do not read news regularly, I do not watch TV, I do not listen to radio, so I am pretty sure I can think for myself. I read books, do tons of research, and have an open mind on most issues. I study history, specifically political history, with a passion. My ideas are mine they are not provided to me by anyone. They are not written on a script. They are not political or partisan talking points.

So no TV is the answer for thinking now? You will not watch TV but you will read books by them? Thats not much of a difference.

You want to argue history and facts bring it on. I would love nothing more than do that. Please create a thread and lets get to it. Invite me, I will debate you respectfully and openly for everyone to see. I am 100% sure of what I say. It is time people such as yourself learn to respectfully disagree rather than hit below the belt. And there would be nothing I love more than be the one to teach you that.

As for the Old Right and Amish joke how about doing some research rather than make unintelligent insults against something which I am sure you have never studied, read, researched, or even know when it existed or what its principles are.

If we do that, I might agree with you on a lot of stuff. Im talking about Ron Paul here. Ron Paul does follow the Austrian economic theory and participles well. I'm not really disputing that as I am saying that this economic ideas do not work anymore.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by gorgi

You do not need to pay off the national debt. We have had one since the 1800's and we are the worlds super power. National debt isnt a bad thing as long as there isnt too much. Without deficit spending WWII would have been very hard to finance among other stuff.

Well in the 1800's men got to keep the vast majority of their hard earned dollar..
Now around half is taken in taxes and charges and the percentage is ever increasing..

Why?? Because of that deficit you consider healthy...

Then consider 1950's Eisenhower taxed at 90% for the top 1% and we became the super power... Account for that era, ...
edit on 7-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

He was a great president. He wasn't perfect. I wish we could get higher taxes now for the upper classes. Not 90% but definitely not the very low rates we have now.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

...Do you understand the difference between Keynesian and Austrian economics? ....

This thread has really been enlightening. I did not realize how many on ATS actually understood that. Now if it spreads throughout the USA and thanks to Ron Paul and Friends it is, we may have a chance of taking our country back before it is too late.

Sept. 14, 1994 David Rockefeller, speaking at the UN Business Council,.
"This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

And darned if Mr. Clinton wasn't right there to manufacture that crisis for Mr. Rockefeller

First you got NAFTA and WTO ratified. Then Gene Sperling (Clinton's head of the National Economic Council) and William Daley (Clinton's Sec of Commerce) working to make sure China was admitted to the WTO and POOF 20 percent of US manufacturing jobs are gone in just 14 years.

But the real kicker that most people did not catch was Clinton signed into law many of the "new improved" Banking Laws that lead to the recent Economic meltdown!

Consolidation of Mega Banks, AIG Bailout and Foreclosuregate: Quick list of Banking laws

After the Great Depression, several laws were put in place to prevent another depression. The 1933 and 1934 Security and Exchange laws, The McFadden Act of 1927, The Glass-Steagall Act or Banking Act of 1933. Also Bank Holding Company Act of 1956.

Clinton signed laws Negating the above: Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994 and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999

More pro-banking Clinton laws:
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991: Allowed big banks to gobble up smaller banks more easily.

Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 and RTC Completion Act - Housing and business loans to minorities.

Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - left CDSs unregulated and set up AIG bailout and Foreclosuregate.

This is a A Great article detailing the set up of the AIG bailout and Foreclosuregate. And The government bailout of AIG has actually encouraged foreclosures because the taxpayers continue to fill AIG’s coffers with enough cash to pay out insurance on defaulted home loans

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join