It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABTS has freaked me out already ! New member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Maybe it's normal in the USA to have an email telling you that they have recorded your ip adress . Never seen this before , I'm from the uk , normal guy , hard working , open minded , nothing to hide , but this kind of email makes you realise that everything you type on here is being analyside by some1 . Maybe I should feel safe that agencys or goverments study these website to keep us safe ? I supose freedom isn't free and privacy isn't free either .

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Probably a SPAM dude

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you are a normal person then why would they want to tap your computer to begin with?

If you have nothing to hide why are you freaked out like you did something wrong?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
all sites log and store your ip, ats.com at least has the decency to inform you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ukcitizen

If you want to really be safe and anonymous on the internet, use a proxy, like Tor. Otherwise, things are a lot more open and traceable than you think.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Captain Reynolds because: Spelling

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I already knew every site logs ur ip adress , just never expected an email telling me , I guess your rite at least abts tells you .

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Unless you are proxy surfing, this is unavoidable. Your IP doesn't belong to you it belongs to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) which is assigned to your device. I'm just wanting to help you understand how the Internet works across the globe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The only time I've been emailed this info is when I've changed my password. They are making sure that is your IP making the request to change the password. This helps avoid hacks, yet isn't totally secure.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

and we even know what size shoes you wear..!!

but it all for the common good....

dont fear...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi welcome,

Its often a fascinating read here, I hope you enjoy yourself.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Freedom is free, when you take it and live it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
If you are a normal person then why would they want to tap your computer to begin with?

If you have nothing to hide why are you freaked out like you did something wrong?

You won't mind me searching your home then?

Perhaps at 3am when it's convenient for me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have my internet settings to delete all cookies when I log off,seems to help quite a bit,but I bet there are
more tech savoy people on here to instruct you further.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ukcitizen
Maybe it's normal in the USA to have an email telling you that they have recorded your ip adress . Never seen this before , I'm from the uk , normal guy , hard working , open minded , nothing to hide , but this kind of email makes you realise that everything you type on here is being analyside by some1 . Maybe I should feel safe that agencys or goverments study these website to keep us safe ? I supose freedom isn't free and privacy isn't free either .

Except they don't study these websites to keep themselves safe, they study them to keep the puppeteers, the banksters and the corporations safe - and to protect their lies, their cover-ups and their scams.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ukcitizen

Who sent the email?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Cheers mate , I ain't got much of a clue about the Internet , Just wanted to see if this was normal ,, or maybe the men in black are on to me
and will kidnapp me at my next rugby match . Lol to be honest tho ,, I remember Reading sumthing in the SUN newspaper saying the Queen said dark forces are at work in the uk , so if the important as I say wanted to take sum1 out , what chance do we the normal people have , plus if the goverment tell us somthing , what chance on us dosproving it ?? I mean all thus forums on here are great reads and that , but there just words , has any ever proved a goverment line wrong and they come out and admit it ??? It appears to me wiki leaks is the great White hope for us all and the way forward ?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hi Ukcitizen, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"Maybe I should feel safe that agencys or goverments study these website to keep us safe"

Perhaps I missed something here, but at what point in time did the U.S. Govt ever care about the safety of the citizens enough to study any website?

top topics

join