It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds over Northwest Indiana

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There is nothing special about the "rainbow" clouds other than they are pretty. I work on top of a 14,000 foot mountain, and see them daily. The ice and water particals reflect sunlight. I have TONS of pics and will upload when I figure out how.
This i my first post and I had to register because of all the cloud conspiracies. This is a natural phenomenon.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rjsfun

In northwest Indiana, we are at 700 ft elevation, so this event is not common nor ordinary.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
BIG 8.2 EARTHQUAKE JUST HIT INDIANA...!!!!!!!

Oh sorry....., it was just a figment of my imagination. Day dream kind of stuff... sorry

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I saw something similar to that only smaller at least several times in my hometown ..mid atlantic area several years ago. I would not say it is a precursor to a quake but it could be. Things seems a bit odd far as
weather goes here lately ( as a whole ). I've seen fast moving clouds a few times here in Florida where I
live now..seems like fronts moving thru a lot..got pretty chilly at night a few time too lately. ..like something
sucking up all the warm air and the cold front moving thru. I guess if pictures like this start coming out
of Arkansas and Missoui and Tennessee and Mississippi..I'd say yeah..s up..we may be having a big
quake soon..there is just no way to know for sure. We should be watchful and ready as possible.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

You know, I believe I have seen these bright flashes of light..think it is explainable but it is weird and you
wonder if you just imagined seeing it. It's like seeing for a small fraction of a second..a bright white flash
that you sense is high in the sky but covering the sky if you know what I mean. It's like someone took a picture
from above using a flash on the camera. LOL
www.sky-fire.tv...
There is a lot more that I don't know than do but I wish I could help solve this mystery.
I'm sorry that this is all I can think of at this time.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I believe they are known as Circumhorizon arc.

More here, and here
edit on 15-5-2011 by Zeil1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Hey guys remember the China earthquake of 2008? Those same exact rainbow clouds are taking up nearly 25% of the sky above Crown Point Indiana. The clouds are full rainbow, and very very large. I am trying to get the images out of my phone, but an android doesn't do a good job of taking pictures of the sky. But, here is a link to the youtube video over China-and this is how it looks here, right now.

Could this be a precursor to a big on over the New Madrid Fault?

Here is the China video: www.youtube.com...
We just had a 5.0 in Indiana that was felt as far away as West Virginia, and my son came home the other day telling me how they had an earthquake drill. In Indiana?

Plus the ground is splitting open just above us in Michigan: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no such thing as earthquake clouds. Where do you people come up with these things? An earthquake is an earthquake and a cloud is a cloud, not both, ok. Why can't people just say that this rainbow appearred, but no they have to make up something that is supposed to be out of the ordinary, that is a precurser to an event that is supposed to happen.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeil1
I believe they are known as Circumhorizon arc.

More here, and here
edit on 15-5-2011 by Zeil1 because: (no reason given)

Speaking of, I have a thread with an image of one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Cool vid! Did you find that, or is it yours? I thought it looked like regular sun dogs until I saw where the sun was in relation to them. Also that upside-down rainbow was weird. I still have not seen the correlation between the rainbows and earthquakes/flooding, but they are beautiful either way.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Wow, how can you say that? I am no geologist but the New Madrid quake is catching many scientist's attention. We had 1 earthquake here when I was 9 years old, and within the past few years we have had several. So don't tell me that you can guarantee it, a quake can happen anywhere in the world.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
O.P. HERE---->
Sorry guys for not posting-I've been working hard (for money not ATS topics)

I know that many of your posts are hilarious! Because-I do know a lot about the atmosphere, the clouds, sun dogs, solar flares and the likes. I am fascinated by the sky. I am not an expert though-I will admit.
BUT...If any of you would've seen this you would of freaked out too. This wasn't some tiny line of a rainbow in the sky-it was at least 25% of the sky-every person I know was calling me freaking as I called everyone I knew. There were people everywhere taking pictures along the sides of the roadway.
I turned the corner onto a street and my wife and I freaked-scary-overwhelming-and as far as we could see. It looked like something entering our atmosphere at high speed and we were getting ready to die-that was my first reaction. I am 33 years old. Ask any of my friends I watch the weather channel hourly, I view N3KL.org on a daily basis-I know what the atmosphere is capable of-this was extraordinary. I wasn't trying to get flags for a "sparkle" in the sky, something was/is wrong. That day and many before and after reports were all over the place about anomalies in the sky.
I wouldn't mis lead you.
However, the earthquake I "thought" we had I guess didn't happen. But the funny thing I told ATS because I woke up and friend called and asked if I felt the earthquake that morning I said no, at the gas station the clerk asked me if I felt it, I said no. At the music store (drummer-23 years) everyone was talking about how bad their houses were shaking. I am not sure what it was, perhaps an explosion, but ever this would show up on the reciter scale.
So sorry for the recent earthquake in that statement-boggling me still, I keep asking the same people, Was it an earthquake, an explosion, or what.

But the sky-hopefully you will see it too one day and try to explain how large it really was when we first saw it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join