It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds over Northwest Indiana

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

Well actually it should be 30 minutes after the rainbow clouds appear....according to the Chinese video....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

UM yeah- so definitely not cool that your link redirects me to some random site that's trying to install malware on my computer- THANKFULLY I have a MAC...but seriously, WTF is up with that?!
Really wish there were 'anti-stars' or something

BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH:

I'm sorry but honestly, some of y'all are starting to sound a lot like this chic....

***IMAGINE IF HER AND THE DOUBLE RAINBOW GUY GOT TOGETHER!?!?!***
ROTFL'ing everywhere

edit on 7-5-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

What you have referred to on EDIS is nothing to be greatly concerned about. It's not an anomaly: it's simply the track and forecast track of tropical storm Aere (03W). Just click on one of the green "TS" icons beside that line and you'll get the details. The yellow section of the line shows where it's actually been already, the red section is the forecasted track over the coming days. By the time that Aere reaches Taiwan it's expected to have weakened to a tropical depression.

This storm has no relation to the fault lines shown on the regional map; purely by coincidence it passes over or near some known fault lines and plate boundaries, but it also misses some other sections of those same boundaries by a long way.

Mike

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Hey guys remember the China earthquake of 2008? Those same exact rainbow clouds are taking up nearly 25% of the sky above Crown Point Indiana. The clouds are full rainbow, and very very large. I am trying to get the images out of my phone, but an android doesn't do a good job of taking pictures of the sky. But, here is a link to the youtube video over China-and this is how it looks here, right now.

Could this be a precursor to a big on over the New Madrid Fault?

Here is the China video: www.youtube.com...
We just had a 5.0 in Indiana that was felt as far away as West Virginia, and my son came home the other day telling me how they had an earthquake drill. In Indiana?

Plus the ground is splitting open just above us in Michigan: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So a little scared right now, anybody else see it?

I live in southern Indiana, just south of Indy and I don't see all that crap. We have had rain out the ass and now the weather is trying to change back to sunny, hence the rainbows....... Get a pic Indiana instead of china to prove your point.
However, that doesn't change the fact that I have been seeing these brief (less than a second) white flashes that resemble lighting but not quite as strong. It gives me the creeps everytime I see it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by Seagle

What you have referred to on EDIS is nothing to be greatly concerned about. It's not an anomaly: it's simply the track and forecast track of tropical storm Aere (03W). Just click on one of the green "TS" icons beside that line and you'll get the details. The yellow section of the line shows where it's actually been already, the red section is the forecasted track over the coming days. By the time that Aere reaches Taiwan it's expected to have weakened to a tropical depression.

This storm has no relation to the fault lines shown on the regional map; purely by coincidence it passes over or near some known fault lines and plate boundaries, but it also misses some other sections of those same boundaries by a long way.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I have always found this theory interesting, and while I have seen some compelling images right before major quakes, for every positive sighting there are thousands and thousands of flase ones. Meaning, they are seen, but are not followed by a quake.

Always wanting to keep an open mind though, I have been documenting sun dog and sun halo sightings in my area....just in case. Here are a couple of images I have taken in the past year. Mind you, nothing ever came of it. Just the light refraction off the water/ice crystals in the clouds/atmosphere:

So here are some typical ones for comparison that I took:

Sun dog (scroll to right)

Sun pillar

Sun halo

So while I am not convinced these are linked to quakes.....by all means, document away. We will never know for sure if we don't pay attention! AND....if this is as large and widespread as you guys seem to indicate it is, perhaps this really is some unusuall phenomena. Looking forward to your pics!!!!
edit on 6-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

I have been seeing these exact types of light displays , but you have to know that the cloud formations are not natural ones.
They are the chemhaze from the spraying by people who dont seem to like our planet .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I live in Indy, follow NewEarthquake & the USGS on Twitter and have updates sent to my phone - I can assure you there was not a large earthquake in Indiana recently. I know however there has been some speculation of the recent historic (isn't all the weather news 'historic' 'worst in history' so often anymore) in Southern Illinois and Indiana effecting the New Madrid fault line. Again, speculation. I do recall an earthquake in Northern Indiana in the last year that was on a previously undiscovered faultline for what it's worth.

I would be more concerned with California at this point rather then Indiana. 6.0 in Alaska and Mexico in the last week and Japan continues to shake every day. Also, while earthquakes in Cali on a daily basis is nothing unusual, they appear to me to be swarming in a way I saw before in Honshu before the hellish Japan quake. Not to mention there is some very compelling evidence and research by ATS members such as westcoast and others.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Your post says a whole lotta NOTHING. No ics, no video (except of China from'08). Go amuse someone else. Your not very good at conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I live in Northern Indiana and this morning, I woke up with the worst sinus migraine I have ever had. I wonder if there is some kind of connection!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have seen "Rainbow Clouds" the past couple days here in Pensacola, FLorida. I just figured it was the sun and light interacting with humidity. But you are saying these could be from a pending earthquake? hmmm...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Alright, guys, I absolutely cannot wait to get flamed for this. Either way, it's just me posting something of
interest, since anyone can say this. Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

Without giving too much away, an acquaintance who is normally very secretive about job situation and the like came to me very much unlike his usual mood. He wasn't panicking, but he did seem very worried. He finally said that he'd like to talk more and warn but that it might mean consequences for him and his family, but did say that he worked at a highly sensitive underground installation somewhere in Europe (he did say where, but I won't, just in case he's telling the truth, and he's shown me that he's pretty darn honest about everything he's told me so far) and that the "buzz" and "rumors" floating around the base were that around the 11th or 12th, there would be a MAJOR instigated earthquake in the USA. He said he was surprised to learn that it wasn't California or anything you'd expect.

It was the New Madrid. Somewhere along the New Madrid, on a "focal point" of the fault. He said he'd barely heard of it before. BTW, I haven't gotten to speak to him since. Not saying anything funny happened, I just haven't gotten any more info.

Again, take it as though it's not true (since predictions rarely are) but I'd be prepared. In fact, I'm preparing right now, and I live in South Texas, just in case. Even if nothing happens, I'll be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

If someone's already posted something like this, my apologies, but this is my own personal conversation with this guy, so...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xM0J0xJ0J0x

I saw these clouds as well over north Texas. On the southeast side of Ft. Worth to be exact. It was about 7:20AM. I was going to take a pic but I was driving and dont like using my phone when im trying to keep my eyes on the road, but these clouds had me really distracted!

edit on 7-5-2011 by wh0now because: more to the story

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by endgame211
Alright, guys, I absolutely cannot wait to get flamed for this. Either way, it's just me posting something of
interest, since anyone can say this. Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

Without giving too much away, an acquaintance who is normally very secretive about job situation and the like came to me very much unlike his usual mood. He wasn't panicking, but he did seem very worried. He finally said that he'd like to talk more and warn but that it might mean consequences for him and his family, but did say that he worked at a highly sensitive underground installation somewhere in Europe (he did say where, but I won't, just in case he's telling the truth, and he's shown me that he's pretty darn honest about everything he's told me so far) and that the "buzz" and "rumors" floating around the base were that around the 11th or 12th, there would be a MAJOR instigated earthquake in the USA. He said he was surprised to learn that it wasn't California or anything you'd expect.

It was the New Madrid. Somewhere along the New Madrid, on a "focal point" of the fault. He said he'd barely heard of it before. BTW, I haven't gotten to speak to him since. Not saying anything funny happened, I just haven't gotten any more info.

Again, take it as though it's not true (since predictions rarely are) but I'd be prepared. In fact, I'm preparing right now, and I live in South Texas, just in case. Even if nothing happens, I'll be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

If someone's already posted something like this, my apologies, but this is my own personal conversation with this guy, so...

Interesting.......please tell us more. I heard the date of the 11th from GLP. Got anything else ?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Got this from GLP, something about HAARP. I skimmed over it. It is useful.www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They are known as nacreous or noctilucent clouds. They are most common in the polar latitudes or at high altitudes. They can occur in a different form at the top of various forms of low and mid level clouds in the tropics. If the top of a cumulonimbus or cumulus cloud is being sheared, depending on the angle of it away from the sun, the ice crystals in it can refract the suns beams and create a 7 colored spectrum also known as rainbow clouds.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Aww gee. Nothing in Indiana yet.,

Like I'm surprised.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Aww gee. Nothing in Indiana yet.,

Like I'm surprised.
check my thread! It's watch the NEW Madrid! www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sober as a rock and scared. People calling me crazy and I got HAARP charts, it might be from GLP but they are charts!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Umm,.
sometimes clouds with moisture create a rainbow effect when the suns shines through it.

That is really odd because I always like to look at the Sun through clouds (so it doesn't blind me but I can still see the shape perfectly).

And to think of the thousands of times I looked at the Sun through the clouds, from countless different angles or perspectives, and I have never once seen this type of effect ever. How bizarre??

I have seen thousands of normal rainbows however. And they were not clouds.
Wow thats crazy,.
cuz I can remember thousands of times seeing this phenomenon which occurred through the clouds from the sun

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They also look like scaler waves.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
MZoo the clouds are going south, so I don't think they are heading your way. It really isn't a cloud it's a gigantic bunch of circular rainbows!

Anybody, we are just outside of Chicago?

pics or it didnt happen.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join