It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds over Northwest Indiana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I know it is nothing to worry about , but us minnesotans hardly never get earthquakes and we just recently had a 2.5. So. Nothing to get my undies in a bind, but we did have a small one in Alexandria, mn. Was on cnn news. My brother told me about it a few days later and i said, i know. Weird. Also, and i never mentioned it in my thread about it, but a weird rainbow was spotted in the area.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
clouds consist of moisture and ice crystals
sun shines through clouds
moisture acts as a prism
rainbow colors appear
can appear in any shape or size

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I'd avoid it altogether.

It's what would happen if ATS were taken over by paranoid 14 year olds.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
clouds consist of moisture and ice crystals
sun shines through clouds
moisture acts as a prism
rainbow colors appear
can appear in any shape or size

This is just absurd.

So what are you saying?
All clouds are rainbows? Please....

I have never seen a single rainbow cloud in my life.
Forgive me if I consider your explanation silly because it fails to account for the rarity of the incidence.

What mechanism must be present for this event to suddenly occur? Scientifically speaking?
It has to be a really rare mechanism since the incidence rate is so low.

Look we (should) all know by now that light splits into a spectrum. That's not what caused this. It's a minor mechanism, yes it is a factor in the equation but it is not unknown we have already accounted for this factor.

But what is the primary mechanism??? That is the X, the variable of the equation.

You solve for X and let me know, and I'll hand you 3 Internets. Possibly 4 if it's really impressive.
edit on 7-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I believe that most of your here can not wait for some devastating earth quake or some false flag attack. You all want to be hurt or killed. If your predictions do not come true and people don't die, it's like you all are disappointed.

You all are like the 5 mile line of cars on a freeway slowing down to see some poor sole creamed in a car accident and loving it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I haven't felt anything in Indiana. So tired of sensationalistic posts. I bet all my f'king belongings that nothing happens because of these so called 'earthquake clouds'. This is worse than the UFO forum.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

You may have missed this, but the number of Earthquakes that have had these clouds remains one, and that is the one you mentioned. These cloud formations are rare, but happen. And they do not mean earthquakes.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeningAmerica

You may want to rephrase the "YOU ALL" parts. You dont know all of us. You do not know me. The best way to say your words would be something like:
So many people seem to be disappointed when something bad doesnt happen.

In that way of wordage, you definately are telling a fact, but not pointing your finger at EVERYONE.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
close thread?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think these are known as circumhorizontal arcs or lower symmetric 46° plate arcs, and are a natural weather phenomenon.

How often a circumhorizontal arc is seen depends on the location and the latitude. In the United States it is a relatively common halo seen several times each summer in any one place. In contrast, it is rare to non-observable in northern Europe.

Formation of the halo requires that the sun be very high in the sky, at an elevation of 58° or more, and that the cirrus cloud or haze contains plate-shaped ice crystals. The sun's altitude determines the visibility of the halo; it is impossible to see at locations north of 55°N or south of 55°S (although a lunar circumhorizon arc might be visible). At other latitudes it is visible for a greater or lesser time around the summer solstice.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Here are some photos and articles of them:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

farm1.static.flickr.com...

www.greenpacks.org...

They are a beautiful and fascinating but, apparently, completely natural and nothing to be concerned about. Evidently they appear fairly frequently without any association with earthquakes, despite some instances of them appearing prior to quakes.
edit on 5/7/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sorry to burst everyones bubble but that looks clearly like a fair amount of fuel dumped into the atmosphere from some plane ..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
NY is showing an earthquake! its like a 2.0 or something but c'mon - you just never see this, if we only knew what the government is up to.
God Bless!
-NK

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Gotta love how all of these people suddenly come out of the woodwork to scream at the OP and anyone looking at a thread of this nature.

They flip out about how "everyone" wants a disaster to happen, or "This thread fails cause an EQ didn't happen!" or "blah blah blah I show my smartz becuz I know all!"

Yet, the OP expressed that he saw something strange, had heard it correlated to something, and asked a FREAKING QUESTION of if it is possible.

Seriously. You guys need to learn new tactics, because you're very obvious.

There HAS been more than one time when these kinds of clouds have been seen before a major earthquake occurs. Chile, Japan, China, Indonesia to name a few. Do a simple search and you'll see the results.

Does that mean that they are absolutely related? Not necessarily. Does that mean they could be? Sure does... it's called a possibility and until you have eliminated absolutely the possibility, it may remain the case.

Want a perfect example? Galileo.

Stop with the stupid attacks and prove your case. If you can't, you're an obvious shill. Whether you're paid for that or not, I will not preclude the possibility. See how that works? lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have never called anyone a dis-info agent but they seem to obviously exist in this thread. Very obvious who they are. Not listening to these peoples posts ever again. I do find the rainbow clouds interesting though. I can cannot recall ever seeing them here in Pennsylvania.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Only on freakin ATS would people think a rainbow is some huge sign or conspiracy or news event.

I used to love this web site, and now it's turned into.... this. Every now and then I come back to see if it's still stupid, and sure enough the front page has people freaking out about how they saw a rainbow, or a helicopter outside their house, or the TV flickered, or some other asinine bull crap.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Hey guys remember the China earthquake of 2008? Those same exact rainbow clouds are taking up nearly 25% of the sky above Crown Point Indiana. The clouds are full rainbow, and very very large. I am trying to get the images out of my phone, but an android doesn't do a good job of taking pictures of the sky. But, here is a link to the youtube video over China-and this is how it looks here, right now.

Could this be a precursor to a big on over the New Madrid Fault?

Here is the China video: www.youtube.com...
We just had a 5.0 in Indiana that was felt as far away as West Virginia, and my son came home the other day telling me how they had an earthquake drill. In Indiana?

Plus the ground is splitting open just above us in Michigan: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So a little scared right now, anybody else see it?

Interesting...

If something big were to happen soon, I would guess it would happen this coming Friday the 13th...The elite love the number 13. And when it hits on a Friday, it is a rare occurrence, which makes it all the more suspicious. Unfortunately, we all deserve what is coming. No one has the courage to stand up and fight. We just take all this crap day after day. We truly deserve the coming "apocalypse" for our blatant complacency. Also for allowing so many innocent people to be murdered by our own government. It really is a shame.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
whats the big deal
2nd

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by darbur

Run! Its evil earthquake clouds! Lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just had a look on RSOE to see what earthquakes are happening and there is thick yellow line going straight down the world map from Japan to the Philipenes and the a thick red line which appears to follow a fault line up to Taiwan. Never seen this before, any ideas

RSOE Emergency Disaster
edit on 7-5-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Can someone please check out RSOE as soon as possible and verify that there is an anomaly on the map at the moment as described in my post above.

Here is link

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join