It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds over Northwest Indiana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is the video, remind you I was driving in traffic while it was very large, this video it is still very large. But, it was huge. The hue is still up there after almost 2 hours.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I will post my wife's picture which she got when it covered the majority of the sky soon (after she gets home).

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Just got pics up...thanks

edit on 6-5-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by chester1662

I know! For a minute I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. OP speaks of a quake as if it is TODAY and everyone talking about clouds. I have been on this Earth a little over 38 years and I have seen some pretty unusual clouds here in Tennessee. The light brings about many colors!!! AND..because I live in Tennessee I freaked OUT thinking an EQ of that magnitude would be dangerous and maybe dangerous to my State as well. Glad it didn't happen today but wow....so misleading!

Mamaj I would be scared too! THE OP was very misleading! I was looking up the USGS for today too!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They really are just like the clouds in China. It's almost impossible to believe there won't be an ensuing earthquake - and soon.
But could we be wrong? Do these kind of clouds ever form with NO following earthquake..?

Not worth taking the risk of course, but wanted to throw that out there...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That's an amazing video! Great job getting it. Watch your local news stations and see what they have to say about it. Let us know! It should really be interesting. Keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be a quake but I have to say this is making me jumpy!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by chester1662

I know! For a minute I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. OP speaks of a quake as if it is TODAY and everyone talking about clouds. I have been on this Earth a little over 38 years and I have seen some pretty unusual clouds here in Tennessee. The light brings about many colors!!! AND..because I live in Tennessee I freaked OUT thinking an EQ of that magnitude would be dangerous and maybe dangerous to my State as well. Glad it didn't happen today but wow....so misleading!

Mamaj I would be scared too! THE OP was very misleading! I was looking up the USGS for today too!!!

I live in North Il, I was ready to piss myself I thought there was an earthquake! He was seriously misleading.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses

But could we be wrong? Do these kind of clouds ever form with NO following earthquake..?

As Westcoast pointed out... yes, yes they do.
Rainbow clouds have appeared without any ensuing earthquake (even in the New Madrid Seismic Zone earlier this year, if I remember right... "earthquake" cloud formations were reported with no subsequent earthquake), and earthquakes occur without rainbow clouds preceding them.
But, we do need to be watchful. Some sort of correlation does seem to exist. It's always possible that "earthquake" clouds signal seismic (especially infrasonic) activity, which, of course, wouldn't necessarily indicate a coming earthquake. But, it would indicate the potential for one to occur.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Let me find it, we just had one the other day, I get alerts on my telephone, plus I know people that felt it, but I can't find anything for it, strange?
I found this: www.buzzntrends.com... people tweet about the earthquake too...
and I have 100 people that can verify the ground shook bad last week. This is really weird why isn't on the web? Then what shook the ground?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

If I wanted to read and talk about clouds I would call my Grandmother. lol My family has always watched storms come in and out and spoken of the beauty within our sky even on a pretty day. To dig into a cloud discussion one must really educate themselves on precipitation, light, perception, senses and much more. THIS thread is NOT an educated one. Lets not talk about clouds, take pictures and videos of them for discussion unless you really want to get down to the science. My opinion of course...Im outta here! ;-) NEXT POST!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Gotcha, thanks. Hence, it's prudent to keep alert.

2nd line

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Guys, this wasn't a tiny cloud, and yes there was just an earthquake last week in central Indiana, or Southern Indiana, and all these schools are having earthquake preparation sessions. I am going to dig, I will find it, I just read the articles the other day.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wrong thread. Eek..
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Your buzztrends link has malwarebytes with it! My system caught it....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by 5senses

As Westcoast pointed out... yes, yes they do.
Rainbow clouds have appeared without any ensuing earthquake (even in the New Madrid Seismic Zone earlier this year, if I remember right... "earthquake" cloud formations were reported with no subsequent earthquake), and earthquakes occur without rainbow clouds preceding them.
But, we do need to be watchful. Some sort of correlation does seem to exist. It's always possible that "earthquake" clouds signal seismic (especially infrasonic) activity, which, of course, wouldn't necessarily indicate a coming earthquake. But, it would indicate the potential for one to occur.

Yes, we do need to be watchful
And it appears as though there are many who are watching

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sam, Im sorry but I monitor EQ's DAILY and I can tell you there was not one listed on any of my EQ sites I regularly look at on a daily basis. Even my children and I speak of the pretty rainbow colors from time to time when we see them.

Here is a link that will possibly help you understand the phenomena.

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sorry OP but you are wrong, the last eq to hit Indiana was in Dec 2010 and it was a 3.8
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There a couple of new threads reporting that 16 pilot whales are stranded in the shallow waters of the Florida shore... Could there be a link?

edit on 6-5-2011 by 5senses because: add

edit on 6-5-2011 by 5senses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chester1662
Sorry OP but you are wrong, the last eq to hit Indiana was in Dec 2010 and it was a 3.8
earthquake.usgs.gov...

If it was a local event and depending on the depth, it may not show up on the USGS site. Just sayin..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

This site and others record micro quakes as well. Anything this small would not be felt unless you were an Ant! If it was a small one in the location he describes...it would be here

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join