It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Clouds over Northwest Indiana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks for letting us know about the clouds. I live in Ft. Wayne.
I just stepped out to take a look at the sky, I see some normal
clouds but I am actually so surrounded by old tall trees I can't see
much except for looking straight up.I suppose they have moved thru my
my area already.
I do hope this is not a sign for a quake on the New Madrid, but with
blasting, floods, etc - its iffy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

5.0????? No Earthquake in that area of that magnitude is being reported. Where did you hear or see this info???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Googles realtime search of rainbow clouds shows a bunch of people reporting this, some with photos.
Here's a few of the pics...
Cloud pic 1
Cloud pic 2
Cloud pic 3 Brooklyn ny
Cloud pic 4 over the Hudson
edit on 6-5-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

Very cool. That pic in Brooklyn looks like what I saw at roughly the same time just east of her.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I live in Indiana and im a photographer so if i see any ill take a pic and post it

link   
reply to post by Starwise

I'm sorry in Illinois, but people around me felt it also: igs.indiana.edu...

I am trying to upload the video to my youtube account and can't figure out how to do that either, can anyone help me upload a video to my ats, or to youtube? Sorry not a nube at all, but, brainfart perhaps?

link   
I'm not seeing anything unusual on Live Weather Radar. The only accumulation I see in Indiana is in the North-East. How's the weather look in Crown Point? Mostly sunny?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by momeees

Strange because the rainbows go across horizontally instead of with the arch that we're used to seeing.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't know whether GLP is making me nervous or what, I am like crazy!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There has been some speculation on these events taking place prior to larger scale earthquakes for sure. Here's a link to another thread with more video:

ATS

Some say HAARP, however I'm no pro on HAARP so i cannot say one way or the other.

I have also heard stories about low frequency sounds leading up to a big event. I'm wondering if someone in the area can verify whether or not there are tones taking place, perhaps at a lower Hz level than in audible by the human ear.

Keep an eye on the animals too. They have senses that can be superior to ours and often act as if they are in a state of alert. Horses are great for this, as are most dogs, and birds.

Wishin you guys luck from the West Coast...

Edit: I just checked the Magnetosphere simulation site and it looks normal. So if it's not solar wind

RTMAGSPHERE
edit on 5/6/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I'm SOOOOO confused!!! I thought you were speaking of a 5.2 today but you are going off old news??? I was grasping for air as I thought this had just happened. Thank God is was just a "scare"!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by momeees

Wow momees great relevant find, thanks. #2 looks more like what we saw, except what we saw was unbelievably huge, the video I got was the last ten minutes. I left a meeting headed east, made a right turn heading south and it the craziest biggest unnatural object I have ever seen in the sky. Being in a construction zone my wife and I took the next exit and hoped out getting pics and videos. My wife got pictures of it as soon as we turned the corner, so when she gets back I will upload hers as well.
But I know I know I have seen rainbows in strata clouds thousands of times, but when I turned the corner my heart stopped, I was in awe, I didn't know if it was something heading toward the Earth or what, I was stupified. It wasn't small that's why I freaked out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

This wasn't a part of the clouds, at least not lower level clouds, it is mostly sunny, clouds here and there. And warm, for once...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

From the link you provided it states.... "On April 18th at 5:36AM EDT a 5.2-magnitude earthquake struck southeastern Illinois. The epicenter was located approximately 5 miles northwest of Mt. Carmel, Illinois, 38 miles north-northwest of Evansville, Indiana, and 128 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri. The earthquake was felt throughout Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky, and as far away as Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin. More information about this earthquake is available from the Indiana University PEPP Earthquake Science Institute."

This happened....in 2008!!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Do you have a compass? Can you tell us what direction you are seeing these?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Do you have a compass? Can you tell us what direction you are seeing these?

same here i wanna know what way there headed

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by momeees

Originally posted by WildWorld
Googles realtime search of rainbow clouds shows a bunch of people reporting this, some with photos.
Here's a few of the pics...
Cloud pic 1
Cloud pic 2
Cloud pic 3 Brooklyn ny
Cloud pic 4 over the Hudson
edit on 6-5-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

Very cool. That pic in Brooklyn looks like what I saw at roughly the same time just east of her.

Is that you in that pic?

if so,ur looking hot.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
LOL that eq was 3 years ago
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting. Here is a pic of the rainbow clouds just before the Sichuan quake in China:

And here is one from Chile just before that quake, advance to 1:00 minute in to see it:

Chilean You Tube rainbow cloud

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

This happened....in 2008!!!!

OMG You are right!!! SAM why are you reporting an earthquake 3 years old?????

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chester1662

I know! For a minute I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. OP speaks of a quake as if it is TODAY and everyone talking about clouds. I have been on this Earth a little over 38 years and I have seen some pretty unusual clouds here in Tennessee. The light brings about many colors!!! AND..because I live in Tennessee I freaked OUT thinking an EQ of that magnitude would be dangerous and maybe dangerous to my State as well. Glad it didn't happen today but wow....so misleading!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join