It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor, Poor Bin Laden...He Didn't Get A Trial.......Well Perhaps This Is Why He Didn't Deserve One!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

They couldn't so they took him out in such a way that we'll never know.... he would have had some interesting things to say about the government and CIA I'm sure.

Convenient huh?

I had a feeling you wouldn't be coming back to this thread because your last statement has to be the most idiotic thing I've ever read. You really think that anyone would believe anything disparaging that might have come out of that mass murderers mouth? You believe that's the reason for the burial at sea? Really? Please tell me you're not serious.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by paxnatus

Are you saying because they're Islamic they don't deserve a trial? They just deserve murder.

Does that make you a terrorist then?

Eurgh - and you have 'lover and not a fighter' as your motto...

Fail.
edit on 6-5-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

Ah! Mr. Lizard nice deflection by stating what I said and making it a racist remark!
and nice name calling, that always strengthens a debate:

Okay for the really bright people here I will help you understand.
Islam DOES NOT= RADICAL ISLAM!!!!

I never said one word about 9/11, you people did!

The Taliban is a radical Islamic group whom prides themselveson spilling as
spilling as much of an infidels blood they possibly
can.

The topic was the Taliban worships the muhajadeen which
Bin Laden was the leader of and how the radicals will not
stop until his death is avenged.

Now for all of those whom think the story was misconstrued
by the white House or the press or whomever. I have a question for
you. If you are so sure that Bin Laden is innocent and
he was just the fall guy, why do you believe he was
unarmed? Oh yeah, because the official and original story told
you so! So you pick and choose whatever you deem as the truth.

Which is it, you either believe in the whole truth of the story or you believe
the, entire story in which we shot a poor old man in cold blood and poor soul, he eas unarmed
or you believe the entire story is false meaning he was armed.

The problem is you can't have it both ways

Pax

Thank you Blarneystone at least there is someone
on here that does not give the criminals more rights than the victims.

edit on 6-5-2011 by paxnatus because: grammar

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I apologise if i misquoted you.

But by the tone of your post I thought you were declaring death upon those you disagreed with. From the title of your post I thought you were mocking a man who - yes MAY (and quite possibly was) involved in 9/11.

But then again you guys shot him dead.

So.... How can you know?

I'm not defending him, far from it. If anything i'm defending justice and fair trial.

Do you think maybe capturing him alive would have given you MORE info, to catch more 'bad-guys'?

Or does killing him end it all.

Are we now in a period of complete and utter world peace?

Oh, and Islam is a religion, not a race.

Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

It's NOT about whether anyone DESERVES a trial, it is IMPERATIVE in any civilised society that EVERYONE be given a fair trial before being sentenced, and especially before being executed.

It's the LAW which has to be adhered to under all circumstances. If not, dangerous precedents are set and that can get out of control. The only thing that protects citizens from tyranny is proper adherence to the constitution and the rule of law and there should ne NO exceptions.

If you condone execution without trial, you're condoning mob rule, which is what dictatorships are. One day that might just come back and bite you on the bum.

Hi Pax! Long time no see....

Well said WCitizen, I couldn't agree more.
And for those who say this is war, ok fine-
We have rules on how to deal with prisoners of war (he surrendered unless he was going to attack Navy SEALS with a pillow)
We don't execute prisoners either, at least not without a trial.
Even the Nazi high command was allowed the opportunity to present their case.
This is why the US did not want a trial - too much dirt on the CIA would come out since they played a major role in who and what OBL became by arming and supporting the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan in their war against the Soviets. Our little pet monster came back to bite us in the ass.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard
[more)

Well I do appreciate the apology. I am very aware that Islam is a relegion, however you claimed
I made a remark which was purely racist based on someones religion. Don't be so obtuse, nonone is buying it.

Please understand this I do not believe in killing anyone for the hell of it! I did not rejoice in Bin Ladens death.
I do not think we are any closer to peace than we ever were. However, I also feel that the right to be tried as same as any other U.S. citizen is forfeited when you become an enemy combatant.

As for the story we trained him as a CIA operative and supplied weapons, it is irrelevant. Everyone
must take responsibility for their own actions.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

What is the worst thing you think Bin Laden did?

Associate himself with the CIA.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I also feel that the right to be tried as same as any other U.S. citizen is forfeited when you become an enemy combatant.

Interesting.

So you get to decide when someone has rights and when someone does not?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I don't believe Bin Laden was a saint by any means, but who told you he was bad?? GOVERNMENT.....So you immediately believe them, right?? Think about it

Government??? whose???? Try the Rogue group known as the Taliban whom would just as soon cut someones
tongue out as look at you. The Taliban worshiped Bin Laden. Google what his son Omar thought of his own father
and the atrocities his daddy committed.

Use some common sense please. What is the worst thing you think Bin Laden did?

Pax

Really? The Taliban would just as soon cut someones tongue out as look at you? LOL. Wonder how these oil execs meeting with the Taliban to sign lucritive oil deals ever made it as far as they did. Ohhhhh, you mean they would cut your tongue out AFTER you attacked them and killed so many of their neighbors and their families. Well what would you do. It's interesting the same people are either 'good guys' or 'bad guys' depending on how they cloose to play ball or not with their oil, natural gas, minerals, and other resources. Hmmmm.... do we see a pattern here?

-->December 4, 1997: Taliban Representatives Visit Unocal in Texas
Taliban representatives in Texas, 1997. [Source: Lions Gate Films]Representatives of the Taliban are invited guests to the Texas headquarters of Unocal to negotiate their support for the pipeline. Future President George W. Bush is Governor of Texas at the time. The Taliban appear to agree to a $2 billion pipeline deal, but will do the deal only if the US officially recognizes the Taliban regime. The Taliban meet with US officials. According to the Daily Telegraph, “the US government, which in the past has branded the Taliban’s policies against women and children ‘despicable,’ appears anxious to please the fundamentalists to clinch the lucrative pipeline contract.” A BBC regional correspondent says that “the proposal to build a pipeline across Afghanistan is part of an international scramble to profit from developing the rich energy resources of the Caspian Sea.”

www.historycommons.org...

edit on 6-5-2011 by Tecumte because: link added

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Executing ANYONE without a trial sets a dangerous precedent! It means that any opponent/rival can be labeled as a terrorist/murderer/(insert bad label here) and executed without any evidence. No trial means that no evidence is needed. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?. We are supposed to take someone's word for them being bad and deserving to die? Without any evidence that will hold in a court? Not good at all! One can discuss whether the death penalty is right or wrong..Innocent people have been executed in the past, because the court had "evidence" that later turned out to be wrong/false. Imagine being innocent and being sentenced to death! Not only will you die, but you'll die believing that the world/history will forever believe that you were guilty and a very bad person. But to sentence anyone to death without a trial?! That is so fundamentally wrong! There is no excuse for executing anyone without a trial. Do they want to hide something? They don't have enough evidence?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ubeen

Be careful when hunting and killing monsters least you become one yourself.

Justice is not the same thing as revenge or the rule of law.

Try and sell that noble concept to the families of the 9/11 victims.

This nation became a beast the day we dropped those nuclear bombs on Japan, and we haven't looked back since.

You really think we gonna stop, and become a moral nation when we find a guy like Osama bin Laden?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I really don't like the way you present yourself in this OP.
It seems that you don't understand that we have and are invading their country and their land. They are fighting to keep us out. They want their freedom. You seem opposed to that. Just because you don't like their suicide bombers, they are using whatever means they can. It's war and they are fighting it. If we leave it will stop.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

This 'nation' never became a beast, we have millions of very caring and decent people here, though unfortunately we have had some very grotesque and hideous 'leaders' who have sold out to the highest bidder and will do most ANYTHING for more money and power.

The invasion of Afghanistan for oil/minerals/opium profits/ defense contractor profits/bases would have happened with or without any poster boy such as CIA asset Mr. Os-man who may have really had no role in it.. It just makes it much easier to sell to a gullible public when you have a Goldstein type character to rail against and perform your daily two-minute hate.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Confessions aren't evidence?

October 29, 2004 excerpt from 18 minute video released by Al Jazeera

I will explain to you the reasons behind these events, and I will tell you the truth about the moments when this decision was taken, so that you can reflect on it. God knows that the plan of striking the towers had not occurred to us, but the idea came to me when things went just too far with the American-Israeli alliance's oppression and atrocities against our people in Palestine and Lebanon. - OBL

On May 23, 2006 excerpt from 5 minute video released by Al Jazeera

Bin Laden tells viewers Zacarias Moussaoui "had no connection at all with Sept. 11. I am the one in charge of the 19 brothers and I never assigned brother Zacarias to be with them in that mission. I am certain of what I say because I was responsible for entrusting the 19 brothers ... with the raids." -OBL

Source: Wikipedia
edit on 6-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by Hellmutt

Confessions aren't evidence?

October 29, 2004 excerpt from 18 minute video released by Al Jazeera

I will explain to you the reasons behind these events, and I will tell you the truth about the moments when this decision was taken, so that you can reflect on it. God knows that the plan of striking the towers had not occurred to us, but the idea came to me when things went just too far with the American-Israeli alliance's oppression and atrocities against our people in Palestine and Lebanon. - OBL

On May 23, 2006 excerpt from 5 minute video released by Al Jazeera

Bin Laden tells viewers Zacarias Moussaoui "had no connection at all with Sept. 11. I am the one in charge of the 19 brothers and I never assigned brother Zacarias to be with them in that mission. I am certain of what I say because I was responsible for entrusting the 19 brothers ... with the raids." -OBL

Source: Wikipedia
edit on 6-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

Was that the 'interview' with the guy who had the strapped on beard and fake nose that looked like a bad halloween costume of Groucho Marx. LOL....

Who writes this stuff, these guys are pathetic.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Typical American arrogance & sense of self-superiority, then have the ignorance to wonder why so may are flocking to the jihadist call against your imperialism.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Now, can you honestly say "fair is fair" when you were dealing with some filth like Bin Laden?

Do you mean - he killed, so we should be allowed to kill? He killed so we should kill?

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth? Retaliation? Even Steven?

Or do you mean he doesn't deserve fairness?

If you've determined that he doesn't deserve to be judged, you've still judged - he just wasn't tried

He was executed without a trial

Can we call this justice - or is it only revenge?

Is revenge the first, best choice of honorable men and women?

Assuming you're a patriot, and you believe we live in an honorable nation made up of decent, honorable people - not animals - you would have to include our justice system in the list of things that makes us all decent, honorable people.

The fact that we have a justice system, however imperfect, suggests a certain level of integrity

This was blood-lust - pure and simple. And that isn't something we believe in or stand for - is it?

That this animal deserved a trial? That the U.S. was wrong to kill this unarmed atrocity of a human.?

Interesting that you used the word unarmed...why did you include it? Freudian slip?

Do you think the Nuremberg trials were a waste of time? The Hague and Geneva conventions?

If this animal didn't deserve a trial - which animal does?

Who decides which of the accused deserve trials and which don't? Where is the line drawn - that line you cross that determines the point of no return and seals your fate? Is it killing one person - 10 - 100 - 1,000...?

Trials are not just for the accused - they are for all of us

Come on, how in the world can you sympathize with this monster. Our Armed forces are the best in the world, I do believe they knew exactly what they were doing and were justified in doing so.

They were justified in killing him if they believe they were being threatened - which is what they claim. Whether or not that's what really happened, I suppose we'll have to take their word for it. But, this is not at all what you're asking. What you're asking is: Why shouldn't they just kill him - he's a monster.

The title of your thread seems to suggest that you're tired of hearing people ask why he wasn't brought in for trial. You try to explain why he doesn't deserve one - but you don't do that very well. His death protects us from nothing. Any crimes forthcoming - even those done in his name - won't be done by him.

And trying a man for the crimes for which he's been accused has nothing whatsoever to do with sympathy. I think you are very confused about what justice really means. Either that or you're not interested in the idea even a little bit. You just want blood.

You say:

Well okay, no surprise there.....we know with radical Islam violence is what they thrive on so of course they want revenge and more violence. I mean after all, isn't that what the holy Q'uran calls for?

Really? And how are we different? We had a chance to be different - that chance is gone.

Is that what the Quran calls for? How would you know? Did somebody tell you that - or are you a scholar?

Well, if that is what they believe, all you have to counter that with is what you believe.

What do you believe? What do you stand for?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by paxnatus

I was always told to be the bigger person and not stoop down to their level. That is how you win in the long run.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A trial for Bin Laden would have allowed any proof that he had anything to do with 9-11 surface.(or not)

It seems reasonable to me that those that feared a trial were afraid they had no proof.

Too, people that assume he was killed recently and didn't die a long time ago (or is even still alive) are simply blindly taking a HUGE leap of faith.

When one looks at the fact he was 'reportedly' *buried at sea* as fast as possible (the next day???) one clearly sees IMO something is drastically wrong with this whole story IMO.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am truly stunned at the amount of people whom have reduced their post to name calling and one even sympathizes with the Jihadist'.

Do you people really think Osama was having some special family time when he was "executed".
I seriously cannot believe some of you do not consider even the possibility there was a shoot out.

For all you know he had a bomb shoved up his ass and was ready to take out all of the military and our military
had to defend themselves. It's called war people kill or be killed.

The Taliban is well known for using mentally handicapped children as suicide bombers and so are the Mujahidine so are the Mujahideen. Bin Laden was the ring leader of the Mujahideen. This is a known terrorist group throughout the Middle East. But go ahead and continue to believe they don't exist and America has created this so called boogie man. If we do not find ourselves worthy of self defense, where does that live us?

Pax

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
A trial for Bin Laden would have allowed any proof that he had anything to do with 9-11 surface.(or not)

It seems reasonable to me that those that feared a trial were afraid they had no proof.

Too, people that assume he was killed recently and didn't die a long time ago (or is even still alive) are simply blindly taking a HUGE leap of faith.

When one looks at the fact he was 'reportedly' *buried at sea* as fast as possible (the next day???) one clearly sees IMO something is drastically wrong with this whole story IMO.

I'm with you on a lot of this... but have to take stance against you on 3rd.

The helicopter going down and the wife, daughter, (and sons?), did it for me.

Here is my post on that subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All that being said, the real proof in the pudding would be the helmet cam footage.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join