It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor, Poor Bin Laden...He Didn't Get A Trial.......Well Perhaps This Is Why He Didn't Deserve One!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finguz

Originally posted by gemstone78
reply to post by Expat888

you got a good point about life, but
animals only kill for food & Protection, so 2 say this is lower than an animal is no very nice, coz

we humans kill for greed, control, money, oil & so on
& it is bad that the usa & uk army invade other countrys, coz if they did that 2 us they would be called terrorists, how come they dont get called the same & tarred with the same brush ?????? it makes u think ?????

we live in a sad world

You've never heard of foxes then? They regularly break into chicken coops, kill everything that moves and then take one carcass for food. It's called bloodlust! Something a worryingly large proportion of the USA seems to revel in

Animals DO NOT celebrate/glorify death when they kill - they kill to eat.
Only the "human" race does such a disgusting thing as celebrating/glorifying death.
I realise my english is rusty but do you guys even pay attention to what you read ? As thought that had made that point clearly.. Tut again lack of attention to detail..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Most of the post on here are truly disgusting!

Go ahead live with your rose colored glasses. If you want to sympathize
with a known terrorist than who am I to stop you. If you want
to slap the faces of all the men and women who are willing to llay
down their lives for you then find another thread. You see RADICAL ISLAMIST started
this when they brought the war to us on 9/11. Our brave
men and women took it to them so it wouldn't be fought in our own back yard.

Most of you are [[snip]] to see that. Have a beer Usama Bin Ladens honor you apparently
find more honor in his life and death then you find in your own families safety or your own countries
military. I am not talking about our Government.

If you honestly believe we executed Bin Laden, and there was not a fire fight then there is no hope
for you. You'd believe any wild fairy tale.

[[[snip]]]

I don't feel sorry for Usama. My heart still aches for all the people and their families
that lost their lives on that Sept. morning.

That is who should remember.

Thanks for all the responses,
Pax

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The way that I see it is that Osama deserved to die for all the lives he took, but he's was still a human being. After being killed his body should have gone back to his family where they could have had a burial which would be the end of it. Since our society feeds off of drama and hype the media starts talking about things they don't know anything about or they tell lies to get attention. This starts arguments about who is right or wrong and theres always a bad guy. We knew the right thing to do but once again we choose the opposite and take pictures with his body and dump him in the ocean... We made the Osama's death food for the parasites that are the news and ignorant. There shouldn't have to be drama about this we should feel the page of a bad era turn and keep moving. Osama was a terrible man and should be forgotten not on ever channel on the tv and every magazine you see. I'm not really sure why I felt like saying that but there it is...

Peace

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurt Turner

Thank you Kurt for a very well thouvht out reply. I really appreciate your insight and I
completely agree with you.

Pax

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

So we shouldn't remember the 10's ( probably more like hundreds ) of 1000's of innocent civilians the USA has killed, and the UK?

Is that what you are saying?

Have you forgotten what your wonderful troops did to the inmates of Abu Ghraib? And let's not forget guantanamo?

Do you think radical islam would give a toss about America if they didn't keep invading their countries, murdering their civilians in the name of democracy and stealing their resources?

Typical blinkered, ignorant American! Such a shame too as most Americans I know have much more common sense and a live and let live attitude.

Nobody here is saying Bin laden was a good man, we are saying he had the right to a trial which America decided to wave.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by blupblup

the original post said 9/11 was an act of war. It is.

Just because your used to war being between nations doesn't mean it always is as the wiki entry clearly points out.. What about the history of human civilization before the rise of the nation state? Tribes fought wars against each other. Thats not war?

Like i said you cant fight a war against an ideology, but you can fight a war against the people who practice that ideology. Just like nazism.
edit on 6-5-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

not an act of war!
if it had been the wars that followed would have been ratified by the un and legal...
kx

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Finguz

Ahh.. Apologies.. Think my rusty english caused translation error - only time use english is here its not my native language..
Quite interesting about the foxes was not aware of that aspect of their nature.. Thank you learned something new.. And apologies for the misunderstanding..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Not at all, I think we both went off on a tangent there

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

It's NOT about whether anyone DESERVES a trial, it is IMPERATIVE in any civilised society that EVERYONE be given a fair trial before being sentenced, and especially before being executed.

It's the LAW which has to be adhered to under all circumstances. If not, dangerous precedents are set and that can get out of control. The only thing that protects citizens from tyranny is proper adherence to the constitution and the rule of law and there should ne NO exceptions.

If you condone execution without trial, you're condoning mob rule, which is what dictatorships are. One day that might just come back and bite you on the bum.

While I will absolutely agree that everyone deserves a trial, there is no way that is going to be feasable.

It's not like this guy was walking down the street to buy some milk. This was war. In war, people are killed.

Also, here's a little analogy.

I am sitting in my living room, watching a baseball game on tv. Some dude busts through my door and tries to harm my wife and kids. I have EVERY right to defend myself, up to and INCLUDING deadly force. Should I just wait for the cops? Nope. Sorry. I guarantee I will put two shots of .45 cal right into his center mass.

Now, go ahead and try to spin this to say that we shouldn't have shot the bastard. It won't make a bit of difference. This was war.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

So... You are saying he's excused from a trial because you say so.

No. He was excused from trial when he resisted in some way. Once that happened, the Navy SEALS had every right to shoot.

So on your big man logic. Nobody should piss off the US (not because you guys are terrorists) but because you'll just kill anyone who disagrees with you.

We're not at war with the Taliban and Al Qeada because they disagree with us. We are at war with them because the suckerpunched us on 9/11, and in Kenya and Tanzania, and in the Gulf of Yemen when they attacked the USS Cole.

So, the lesson is simple. Don't attack us, and we won't retaliate.

And then you wonder why MOST of the world despises your country. It's not jealousy, it's pity.

Yeah, most of the world. Gotcha.

Some (not all) , some of you people are worse than the people you fight against.

Yeah, so because we are over in the ME kicking *** and taking names after we were attacked, that makes us worse than people who hijacked planes and killed ~3,000 innocent people?

Right.

And nobody trusts you.

Really? I will have to disagree with that.

Here are a list of countries that are allies with the US. Being someone's allie typically means they trust you.

U.K.
U.A.E
Saudia Arabia

Now, this is just a short list, but I am sure there are plenty of others.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Well didn't you treat his family to first class flights out of the country ,

No.

they ONLY people in the air after 9/11

No.

(the bit before you invaded and butchered the WRONG country)...

No. We went into Afganistan well before we went into Iraq. But, I agree that we shouldn't be in Iraq.

So by slaying radical Islam, that makes you somehow better than radical Islam.

Yes. Did you also notice that sometimes we arrest and bring those members to trial? KSM right any bells? How about Moussoui (sp?) the 20th hijacker?

Because from my point of view. It makes YOU exactly the same as radical islam.

Nope, we don't hijack planes and attack people who have nothing to do with terrorists.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
reply to post by mr-lizard

How then would you have handled this situation?

Thanks for asking.

I would have taken him alive (assuming he was still alive).

I would have taken him alive, announced that the FBI's most wanted man is in custody and then shown images of his arrest. I would then ensure that the man had a far trial, collected evidence and then used his evidence as a means of conducting similar raids to find out who his associates were (whether they be America, Saudi or otherwise).

Sadly, I think the US government just wanted to silence him, as he probably had several cans of worms ready to be opened..

A fair trial would ensure that the reputation of my Government would not be tarnished at the expense of appeasing a hooting, baying mob of mouth breathers.

So, you would have sent in the US Navy SEALS without any firearms? Do you realize that would be basically killing them, right?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ooops I meant to hit the subscribe button, and flagged it by accident.... Gotta watch my aim. From the accounts that I have heard OBL was executed, he was unarmed and shot after a firefight was the quote I am going from. You will have to look in that massive thread that started about an hour before obama announced it if you want to find the quote.

Anyways, the west is always trying to paint themselves as the righteous, and paint the enemy as total scum. I used to buy into it too, but things like this make me see it is pure spin. And when we bomb whole buildings full of people because there might be one or two "bad guys" inside, kill many regular people and call it collateral damage. How sweet a word, doesn't sound nearly as repugnant as murder, now does it?

Assassinations, funding and arming mercenaries to topple governments... I believe it was adam kokesh that said the enemy is not in some far away desert, but right here at home.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

03/05/10/2011 A.D. I DONT CARE IF THEY DID CALL IT JUSTICE BEING SERVED-THIS ISNT DODGE CITY AND BARACK OBAMA IS NOT JAMES ARNESS,OSAMA BIN LADEN SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN ALIVE,NOT GUNNED DOWN JUST LIKE A RAT.I DONT CARE IF HE DESERVED TO BE KILLED OR NOT-THAT WONT BRING ANY OF THOSE UNFORTUNATE SOULS BACK TO LIFE,AND I DONT FEEL THAT OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE IN THE ASSASSINATION BUSINESS WHATSOEVER-HITLER AND STALIN KILLED MORE PEOLE THAN HE DID,LONG BEFORE HE HIMSELF WAS EVEN BORN.THIS MAN WAS AS MUCH ENTITLED TO A FAIR TRIAL UNDER OUR AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM AS ANYONE ELSE,I DONT CARE WHAT PART OF THE WORLD THEY COME FROM!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FDNY343

Originally posted by wcitizen

It's NOT about whether anyone DESERVES a trial, it is IMPERATIVE in any civilised society that EVERYONE be given a fair trial before being sentenced, and especially before being executed.

It's the LAW which has to be adhered to under all circumstances. If not, dangerous precedents are set and that can get out of control. The only thing that protects citizens from tyranny is proper adherence to the constitution and the rule of law and there should ne NO exceptions.

If you condone execution without trial, you're condoning mob rule, which is what dictatorships are. One day that might just come back and bite you on the bum.

While I will absolutely agree that everyone deserves a trial, there is no way that is going to be feasable.

It's not like this guy was walking down the street to buy some milk. This was war. In war, people are killed.

Also, here's a little analogy.

I am sitting in my living room, watching a baseball game on tv. Some dude busts through my door and tries to harm my wife and kids. I have EVERY right to defend myself, up to and INCLUDING deadly force. Should I just wait for the cops? Nope. Sorry. I guarantee I will put two shots of .45 cal right into his center mass.

Now, go ahead and try to spin this to say that we shouldn't have shot the bastard. It won't make a bit of difference. This was war.

The FBI itself has said they don't have evidence to link OBL to 9/11.

So - this is pre-meditated murder of someone who has suspected involvement in a crime with insufficient evidence to bring charges against him. You think that's a goodt precedent?

You call that war? Self defence?

I call it illegal murder.

What if you were wrongly suspected of terrorism? Would you think it was ok for them to imprison you, torture you, kill you without a proper legal process, just because they suspected you?

THAT is the precedent which has been set here. It's NOT about anyone 'deserv ing' a fair trial or not. It's about ensureing that the legal process is respected and the government does NOT act outside the law. That road leads to the very dictatorship which is now rapidly taking over America.

Apart from all OBL is a CIA created fiction, and you've been punked, along with mllions more who believe the government lies.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Blarneystoner

So... You are saying he's excused from a trial because you say so.

So on your big man logic. Nobody should piss off the US (not because you guys are terrorists) but because you'll just kill anyone who disagrees with you.

And then you wonder why MOST of the world despises your country. It's not jealousy, it's pity.

Some (not all) , some of you people are worse than the people you fight against. And nobody trusts you.

Disagrees with?!? No, but killing the man that orchestrated the death of 3,000 Americans...damned right. If you don't understand the difference between the man saying he disagreed with our way of life and perpetrating an attack on the nation because of that disagreement than you have bigger problems.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11
May I ask a question or two?

If I commit a murder, and admit it, do i bypass all judicial proceedings prior to sentencing?

Did you admit in open court after arrest at a plea hearing?

(I understand your point, and I will agree that the poster in question is incorrect. He did deserve a trial under US Law had he been captured alive, and would have been given his day in court)

Originally posted by HawkMan11
Also, if i was given a trial and enter a guilty plea, does the trial cease and sentencing begin?
edit on 6-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

Yes, absolutely.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join