It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tries to Sell $1100 One Ounce Gold Coin for $50...No Takers! (Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
HAHA, WOW, this just shows you how dumb and brain washed people are.

Are you talking about the guy with the mic or the people on the street?

This guy annoys the @$^& out of me, I wouldn't buy that coin from him for $20 and yes, I know what an ounce of gold is worth.

Maybe if he tried to be amicable instead of an annoyance people would take time to actually listen to him instead of casually brushing him aside, then again he'd be out $1450, so actually selling it isn't the goal - driving "brain washed" people away is the goal and he's quite good at it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Just a little levity today...

All I can say is that he should be happy I wasn't there...I would have bought it, asked for another and walked away whistling.

Wonder if some of those people are watching this video and thinking..."Damn"!

Today's Gold:

1484.73 US

1434.60 CAD

Ok, if the guy was wearing a tinfoil hat, smelled like urine and lived in a cardboard box, I can understand...

But, the guy has a mic and camera and is clearly doing something for entertainment so what's going to happen?

He pulls a prank and gives you the $50 back or it's real and you win!

Either way, it's only $50 to take a bite.

I would have run to the ATM and game on!

edit on 6-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Even experienced gold buyer won't buy from him.

Buying physical gold is not as easy as buying hotdog from a seller at roadside. There must be trust; you must ensure its genuine .. test it for purity.

edit on 5/6/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: typo

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is this the same guy that tried to buy Taco Bell with a gold coin? Perhaps he would have better luck waking people up to the NWO if he did not act like an arrogant jerk.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If I was at the beach and somebody was trying to sell me something, I'd probably ignore him too. If he said $50 for a 1 ounce gold coin, I'd get interested but of course if I were to buy it, we would have to go together to a bullion/jewelry dealer to get it validated. Scammers are everywhere nowadays and you can't trust strangers.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
If I was at the beach and somebody was trying to sell me something, I'd probably ignore him too. If he said $50 for a 1 ounce gold coin, I'd get interested but of course if I were to buy it, we would have to go together to a bullion/jewelry dealer to get it validated. Scammers are everywhere nowadays and you can't trust strangers.

Agreed.

No harm in testing the waters first before dismissing something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join